Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mafia 98 Signup - The Basics

New players are always welcome. If you are interested in Mafia and are not sure what to do then look into this thread to ask questions and get help http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread

Someone is killing off all the Basics around town. Who will support the Uggs industry? What will happen to Pumpkin Spice Latte Sales? Won't someone save the day?

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/50-....google.com%2F

General Rules

This is a basic game. Days will last around 48 hours and nights around 24 hours.

Voting:

During the day phase, each player can place their vote on any player of choice. To do so, simply put the following in bold on a separate line:

vote: Kryllian

You can change your vote as many times you want, and you can remove your vote using

unvote

Unvoting is required or I will not count you changing your vote!

You can also vote for a no-lynch. This works like this.

vote: no-lynch

If "no-lynch" is the winning option, then no player will be lynched that day phase.

Lynching:

The moment any player (or "no-lynch") reaches the lynch threshold (half the players rounded down, plus one), the day ends. No more votes are counted. After that, "dusk" begins, during which you are allowed to talk as much as you want but votes are meaningless. Items used and posts made during this time will count toward the final day net posts per person. Dusk lasts until the gameday is formally ended by a moderator, at which point it is night.

Mod majority is in play so at the end of day if no one has reached majority I will consider the number of votes cast for the majority count. Lynch will then be half the votes cast plus one.

Signed up Players
    1. Graeham
    2. Largehorn
    3. Lora
    4. Marack
    5. Crackleslap
    6. Virothe
    7. Danner
    Last edited by Kryllian; 2018-01-03 at 03:38 PM.

Sign me up, please!

I could go for a plain Jane basic game.

Or a boring Joe one. Whichever. I'm not picky.

Sign me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ups the signs

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i wont just focus on Graeham...

sign me up.

Sign me up plox

/signup

And there goes my gameplan of lynching kryllian for an easy scum lynch on D1 ...
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it still a basic game if I give Danner the role of Jester/Survivor? He needs to be lynched D1 but survive until the end of the game to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Is it still a basic game if I give Danner the role of Jester/Survivor? He needs to be lynched D1 but survive until the end of the game to win?
    I fail to see anything wrong with a jester/survivor role.
    Just make sure to give everyone else a roleswapper role, that way you make it interesting.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I fail to see anything wrong with a jester/survivor role.
    Just make sure to give everyone else a roleswapper role, that way you make it interesting.
    Oh man could that be fun. I need a new experiment. I might play around with that and see what happens XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Oh man could that be fun. I need a new experiment. I might play around with that and see what happens XD
    don't worry Large, I have a role specifically for you. A cannibal cop. You can find out someone's alignment but eat them in the process!

don't worry Large, I have a role specifically for you. A cannibal cop. You can find out someone's alignment but eat them in the process!
    What's my role?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    What's my role?
    I'm thinking Insane Godfather. On day 1 you'll blurt out your role.

I'm thinking Insane Godfather. On day 1 you'll blurt out your role.
    Works for me!

7+ Year Old Account
    Then I don't need to gun for Graeham D1.

What about a role for me?

Are we making stupid roles again? I love this part.

How about a role who can only post in the dead thread, isn't listed in the player list, and doesn't count towards the majority lynch treshold?
    So yeah, you effectively start out dead, and can't affect the game in any way as you can't vote and have no abilities.

I would also like to see a mafia version of the weak modifier. A weak modifier (f.ex weak doctor) dies if targeting scum. How about a mafia version, that dies when targeting town? Good luck doing night kills.

Obviously, the lightning rod bomb is also a winner. Just make sure everyone has a night action. We actually had a situation almost like that on my second game ever; where every TPR (and mafioso) in the game targeted me on N1, and I was a PGO. I would have killed them all - except for the fact that the mafia roleblocker also targeted me. Fun times!

I'll do it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Marack you get the MPD Mason role. You'll get a thread to talk to your mason partners but it'll just be your multiple personalities/voices in your head...

- - - Updated - - -

FYI game will start in approx 36 hours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Woot. I knew I was crazy