Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Well, you'd get Mike Pence for a year first. He's kinda stable, I guess.
    Stable and, regardless of whether or not I agree with him on any issues at least I understand his viewpoints, which he is actually consistent on, and I also understand and believe him when he says things. He speaks standard American Politispeak, not unhinged ?????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Stable and, regardless of whether or not I agree with him on any issues at least I understand his viewpoints, which he is actually consistent on, and I also understand and believe him when he says things. He speaks standard American Politispeak, not unhinged ?????
    mike "turning fruits into vegetables" pence

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    My revised offer:
    If Donald Trump is removed from or leaves office as a result of the Mueller investigation by January 20th, 2021, I will pay Skroe $100. If not, Skroe will pay me $100.
    You can buy @Skroe a big nothingburger with it
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Steve Bannon Tells Michael Wolff: Trump Is ‘Not Going to Make It’
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-...er&via=desktop

• modest (((Steve Bannon))) about getting Trump elected: “I came up with a solution for his broke-dick campaign in about a day”
    • gives Trump a 1 in 3 chance to end up impeached, resign or sluming though one term
    • really wants to be president
    • believes cash cows Sheldon Adelson, Bob and Rebekah Mercer, Bernie Marcus and Peter Thiel are on his side
    • probably true for Peter Thiel, who “absolutely was certain of Trump’s sincerity when he said they’d be friends for life—only never to basically hear from him again or have his calls returned” Doh.
    Last edited by mmoc92b33f154f; 2018-01-04 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    If Donald Trump is removed from or leaves office as a result of events or information related to the Trump-Russia scandal by January 20th, 2021, I(Knadra) will pay Skroe $100. If not, Skroe will pay me(knadra) $100.

@Skroe
    @Knadra

I am your witness
    Would being voted out by disgusted voters count? Such a result could be a result of information related etc.

And in the current climate he's not going to be able to push forth any legislation to that effect, and he's too extremist conservative to be a viable long-term candidate. He's a body to sit in the chair and hold the line to keep things from getting worth until we can run an election.

Deleted
    I like his policy of not being in a room with a women without a third person present.

This guy is committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Would being voted out by disgusted voters count? Such a result could be a result of information related etc.
    No I don't think that counts.

I like his policy of not being in a room with a women without a third person present.

This guy is committed.
    I thought alt-righters would say he's a cuck for behaving that way.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Everyone joked about that at the time, but nobody's going to be "#metoo"ing Pence any time soon because of it. I'd be surprised if more politicians don't start doing the same.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't think so. Losing an election is losing an election, for all pundits and others love to speculate on why specific votes go the way they do and what issues were the cause of what swings, it's extremely difficult to conclusively prove a single specific reason. Just look at the Roy Moore vote. I think the underage girl thing was the cause of his loss, Trump thinks Jeff Sessions is at fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Everyone joked about that at the time, but nobody's going to be "#metoo"ing Pence any time soon because of it. I'd be surprised if more politicians don't start doing the same.
    Y'know, if I was going to be in a major position of power in the USA, I probably wouldn't be in a room with /anyone/ without a third person present nowadays.

No I don't think that counts.
    I don't think so either, but the wording allows. It should have been before the 20th.

I don't think so either, but the wording allows. It should have been before the 20th.
    I suppose it might if he loses re-election and that is attributed to being because of the scandal. I don't think Skroe believes that his term ending counts but if he does and Trump loses and it is widely believed to be because of the scandal, I will honor the bet and pay up.

I suppose it might if he loses re-election and that is attributed to being because of the scandal. I don't think Skroe believes that his term ending counts but if he does and Trump loses and it is widely believed to be because of the scandal, I will honor the bet and pay up.
    Oh, I did not ask to badger it out of you, I just noted the somewhat vague wording. Stuff like that is better lawyered out well ahead.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What's the bet? I don't recall.

And personally I don't care about your signature being removed. I mean you flaunted it. No take backs.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:
    It's being reported right now, from the book, that Trump's team approached 9 major law firms about defending him in the Trump-Russia Administration.

9 firms turned him down.
    Unbelievable - well, not really. That book might be sell 10MM copies in the first week. I will certainly be getting a copy. I love that Trump is already trying to quash it with a cease-and-desist order. Rofl first amendment.

(what did Skroe get banned for?)

Let me know how that works out for you champ.
    > Wake up
    > Log into MMO-lefty/pol/
    > Look at notifications
    > Notices Skroe's name, crossed out.

<--snip-->

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, since a lot of you clearly have no idea and are intoxicated on your faux moral righteousness, let this serve as a reminder:

- Truth is relative, headshots aren't (cookie if you get the reference)
    - Evil is a matter of PoV.
    - Justice is a bloated, but empty word used by the arrogant to reinforce their arrogance or the clever to incite the former.
    - Whatever Trump may do, he was/is/will be better than the alternatives.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-01-04 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hard to tell what that's about, other than the fact that
    1) Rosenstein made the request, and
    2) Ryan is getting regular reports, and this isn't one of them.
    I saw this in the news. So curious. Thought maybe they were going to review the succession procedures when Trump and Pence are impeached. Lols.

Could not believe they did this - deplorable continues to be deplorable. Also, hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post

- Truth is relative, headshots aren't (cookie if you get the reference)
    - Evil is a matter of PoV.
    - Justice is a bloated, but empty word used by the arrogant to reinforce their arrogance or the clever to incite the former.
    - Whatever Trump may do, he was/is/will be better than the alternatives.
    Just no. /10 chars.

Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

If you were American you'd understand. We are a different people than you.

You're from the Netherlands. You have a Prime Minister and a King. Your effective political lead is the Head of Government and largely functionary. It is your King the head of state.

America has what's been described as a 'civil religion'. The Presidency isn't just a political position. The President isn't just a functionary... some mere head administration of the executive branch. He is not some mere head of State either. It's a position of moral authority as well. In the American Civil Religion, the President is a kind of High Priest. Presidents aren't chiefly remembered as Democratic and Republican. And while they certainly take political positions espousing the views of their respective parties (as is their right), they uniformly act in the modern era as the leader, advocate, champion and servant of ALL Americans.
    This hasn't been true since at least Carter. Ever since the Government in the Sunshine Act passed in 1976, the Presidency has spiraled into a series of leaders kowtowing to specific segments of the US population, and increasingly small segments at that. I bring up the Sunshine Act because I think it's directly causal, given that the pipeline to become President has generally been "serve in Congress for a large number of years." But working in an institution where lobbyists can effectively expect you to bring home the bacon invariably makes or breaks your career, making Congress select towards critters who do that.