Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    to fill that content gap at the end for players.
    I see this "fill a gap" phrase thrown out a lot. Classic WoW is not a gap filler, it is an entirely new game launch, akin to when any other recent Blizzard game has been launched, such as Overwatch. It is very likely that Blizzard advances Classic WoW into TBC, then WotLK, etc. It should be looked at as a game release that will be immensely popular for at MINIMUM 2 years, not as a Battle for Azeroth 4 month content gap filler
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

10+ Year Old Account
    2 years? What are you guys on?

Honestly I'd expect it to bridge the gap between Legion and BforA... obviously its all speculation. But it will give a number of players something to do after Legion has lost its relevancy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    I see this "fill a gap" phrase thrown out a lot. Classic WoW is not a gap filler, it is an entirely new game launch, akin to when any other recent Blizzard game has been launched, such as Overwatch. It is very likely that Blizzard advances Classic WoW into TBC, then WotLK, etc. It should be looked at as a game release that will be immensely popular for at MINIMUM 2 years, not as a Battle for Azeroth 4 month content gap filler
    what?
    yes it is a new game, but it will keep players busy well the content is limiting, then those that have had enough can leave, and those who havent can stay and split their time between one and another.

You do know people can play more then 1 game right..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post

Honestly I'd expect it to bridge the gap between Legion and BforA... obviously its all speculation. But it will give a number of players something to do after Legion has lost its relevancy.
    Wasn't the first thing they told us at Blizzcon after announcing it is to not expect it any time soon and that almost nothing about it has been decided on as of yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account

uhhh what? you really think its coming out in just a few months?
    dude they just fucking started devolpment, it wont be out for another year or two atleast...

Deleted
    I'd be extremely surprised if it took them 2 years. Late 2018-early 2019? Sure. After blizzcon 2019 (november 2019)? No way, they wouldn't have announced classic otherwise.

That would be now. I don't see any Classic Servers up. I do not even see a Beta....i do not even see an announcement for a Beta. Get real: At 2018 Blizzcon we will ENTER the real debate phase over which features should be in. And the actual launch will be exactly t the 15th anniversary, which is close to Blizzcon 2019.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Wasn't the first thing they told us at Blizzcon after announcing it is to not expect it any time soon and that almost nothing about it has been decided on as of yet?
    correct, all they said is "we will do it, we promise, we are starting devolpment soon"

It was announced with BfA, it'll probably be a staggered release leading, or following BfA, so the news will be slow..
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    I'd be extremely surprised if it took them 2 years. Late 2018-early 2019? Sure. After blizzcon 2019 (november 2019)? No way, they wouldn't have announced classic otherwise.
    the only reason they announced it so soon is to
    A. shut people up because there was 100+ threads a day about it, feedback giver ingame spammed with it, and twitch chat FILLED with it.
    B. start asking people what they do and do not want so that they can start working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what?
    yes it is a new game, but it will keep players busy well the content is limiting, then those that have had enough can leave, and those who havent can stay and split their time between one and another.

You do know people can play more then 1 game right..?
    Do you really think that Blizzard has timed the releases of: StarCraft 2(+ expansions), Diablo 3(+ expansion), Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, or Hearthstone around content droughts in World of Warcraft?
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Soon(TM)

/10 char
    ™ or alt+153, you're welcome.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    They'll probably give us some news soon, it's true that it's been months already, they're not just gonna ignore us the entire year...I hope...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe...unfortunately now that they announced it, there are 100 threads a day in what the hell shape and form Classic should be released
    yeah pretty much...

They don't even have the full team and have been saying that this is a huge undertaking... and you're expecting it sometime between, what, March and September this year? And maybe i'll win the powerball too.

They likely announced it as about as soon as they realized they could do it, rather than wait for development to start and announce it. Considering it took a lot of wind out of the sails for BfA (or maybe because BfA was looking anemic to begin with) I still don't believe this was the best choice. We'll probably get beta and launch dates at Blizzcon next year, since they don't need a real extensive beta testing with this like they do with an expansion. Just long enough to see if it all works smoothly (so about a month at most. Until then... not really a whole lot of news that they'll probably be able to really share. Maybe once they get to the point where they may look for player feedback on when to start, patch-wise, they'll talk a bit more on progress.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    Do you really think that Blizzard has timed the releases of: StarCraft 2(+ expansions), Diablo 3(+ expansion), Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, or Hearthstone around content droughts in World of Warcraft?
    1. this is also wow, not hearthstone or diablo or etc, this is wow so its gunna be wow fans playing a differant version of wow
    2. uhh yeah very much so, i bet you also think the "blizzard releases patches the same time as other games to try and compete against them" is bullshit and has yet to be proven. Or that the 77 day patch cycle for legion is "fake news"

Hearthstone released 7 months into SoO's 14 month drought. So yes hearthstone came out at a time that allowed for wow players to be distracted
    Starcraft 2 released 1 month after ruby sanctum, 5 months before Cataclysms release. so yes Starcraft did help during that little drought
    heart of the swarm same month as thunder king, so eehhhh not really.
    legacy of the void 5 months after hellfire came out, and 10 months before legion, so yes this very much came out during WoD's drought, helping people by giving them a blizzard game to play during that drought
    diablo came out 6 months after the dragon soul placing it 4 months before mists of pandaria, so yes it very much did fill that drought time, by giving people a blizzard game to play
    Diablo 3 reaper of souls released 5 months after SoO, a total of 9 months before WoD, so yes very much so was placed between a massive drought in wow.
    Heros of the Storm released same time as hellfire citidal so no it was not placed in a time
    Overwatch Released 3 months before legions release, so yes was placed in a time of massive drought for wow.
    6/8

This does not include stuff like the massive rehaul done to hots, or the massive rehaul done to diablo.
    But yes alot of their game releases have been during the massive drought at the end of an expansion

references=
    Google patch X.X Release date
    Google Game release date
    Google Expansion release date
    count

My fam...cough cough...santa didn't bring me anything for christmas. Blizzard, please be my santa, and give me some news about classic wow, thank you
    Sorry, they are trying to locate the old vanilla server hardware they auctioned off for charity all those years back. =P
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Sorry, they are trying to locate the old vanilla server hardware they auctioned off for charity all those years back. =P
    heh, good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    So much pessimism, so many people are assuming that we won't get classic until 2-3 years just because we didn't get a date. Imo it should take a year at max. The only reason they'd delay the launch more than that is to avoid competing with the new expansions (which would of course make sense)
    So stating a fact is pessimism? Blizzard themselves said, at Blizzcon, that there isn't even a team in place, that all they have done is figure out HOW to make it work on their current hardware/systems.

That's straight from the horse's mouth, e.g. people that have just a wee bit more knowledge on the matter than you do.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So stating a fact is pessimism? Blizzard themselves said, at Blizzcon, that there isn't even a team in place, that all they have done is figure out HOW to make it work on their current hardware/systems.

That's straight from the horse's mouth, e.g. people that have just a wee bit more knowledge on the matter than you do.
    "au contraire", I'm merely mentioning what would happen. People kept pretending they had " just a wee bit more knowledge" than the rest of other people in the past when they claimd that classic wow would never happen and yet here we are...

Until something's official, never pretend that you have more knowledge about it than the rest of the community. The only thing we know so far is that we don't know anything...sorry for re-using that old line for the 12579847624th time ,-)