How do you DPS with BDK?

Just a simple question - I have no problem with 4+ mobs while questing but as soon as it's 2 or 3 it's so frigging slow killing them. What I mean is our DPS as blood as so low and our only DPS spells are what blood boil, hearthstrike thats it? How do you go about dpsing few mobs??

10+ Year Old Account
    Pull absolutely everything you can, blood boil->DnD->HS to 100RP->Bonestorm

Single target is blooddrinker
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2018-01-04 at 12:51 AM.

Ideally, you keep them all at equal health so they all go down at once so that you get the maximum value out of your plethora of AOE spells. You do this by tabbing between the targets so that you aren't using Marrowrend, Death Strike, and Blooddrinker on the same mob.

Also, if you don't count Death Strike as a DPS ability when out in the open world, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    Ideally, you keep them all at equal health so they all go down at once so that you get the maximum value out of your plethora of AOE spells. You do this by tabbing between the targets so that you aren't using Marrowrend, Death Strike, and Blooddrinker on the same mob.

Also, if you don't count Death Strike as a DPS ability when out in the open world, you're doing it wrong.
    Im still learning as I go. I am currently level 104. When do I use Marrowrend?

- open with BB to let it roll and start with DoT
    - marr to get 6+ bone shields stacks for ossuary
    - BB to let roll 2nd stack
    - DnD
    - HS as it hit up to 5 targets if you stay in DnD (2 w/o DnD)
    - if nearly full RP use DS to most "healthy" mob or use bonestorm if taken
    - marr if drop under 6 stacks of BS
    - BB if no runes for HS

edit: you're welcome
    Last edited by Vassago; 2018-01-04 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
    - open with BB to let it roll and start with DoT
    - marr to get 6+ bone shields stacks for ossuary
    - BB to let roll 2nd stack
    - DnD
    - HS as it hit up to 5 targets if you stay in DnD (2 w/o DnD)
    - if nearly full RP use DS to most "healthy" mob or use bonestorm if taken
    - marr if drop under 6 stacks of BS
    - BB if no runes for HS
    Sums up beautifully. Thanks a lot mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    Just a simple question - I have no problem with 4+ mobs while questing but as soon as it's 2 or 3 it's so frigging slow killing them. What I mean is our DPS as blood as so low and our only DPS spells are what blood boil, hearthstrike thats it? How do you go about dpsing few mobs??
    Can do all that and paint drying will get to 110 faster...

Or go frost. Free death strike after every kill and if you are in trouble, pop IBF and death strike to heal up to full. Maybe 2 DSs? Plus if a rare puts some majick debuff on you, AMS and it goes away!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Can do all that and paint drying will get to 110 faster...

Or go frost. Free death strike after every kill and if you are in trouble, pop IBF and death strike to heal up to full. Maybe 2 DSs? Plus if a rare puts some majick debuff on you, AMS and it goes away!
    IBF? AMS? Wat does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    IBF? AMS? Wat does it mean?
    Icebound Fortitude or Anti-Magic Shell. Generally, it's worth remembering that Blood is a tank spec - it's not designed to kill things quickly, it's designed to keep you alive. Frost (or Unholy) both excel at damage, rather than self-sustain tanking or healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is very easy to play and very fast for questing, I would save blood for 110 unless you really like the playstyle too much.

Deleted
    Get DPS-Trinkets for questing. Blooddrinker does a lot of damage compared to other things.

Chain pull everything you see. Don't bother with singel target killing mobs.

Or as others have mentioned, go Frost. Rather easy, great ability to pull mobs from far, and great survability.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

For my Blood DK I hit things in the face until they fall down. Most times it goes fast especially if they are in a group.

Your question though seems to actually be "what's the most effective way to level quickly as a BDK."

The easiest and fastest way I found to level all of my alts has been through the Legion Invasions. What quests come in can be rather RNG but here's the thing - for the elite mobs you're unkillable. You'll also get at least a level per invasion - sometimes more at lower levels. So just go in, prioritize the elite kills, then any one that gives bonus XP, then any one that gives order resources.

Don't worry so much about grinding out your weapon, you'll quickly get a huge amount of artifact power once you hit 110 and do a roundup of emissary quests which will bring your weapon to level 68 or so.

If you want to make sure you get your various artifact appearances then you should level through at least one zone to get a pillar of azeroth and complete the light's heart questline.

Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

If you want to make sure you get your various artifact appearances then you should level through at least one zone to get a pillar of azeroth and complete the light's heart questline.

Easy.
    If that then quest trough Azsuna AND Val'sharah - need both for Ballance of power (Azsuna up to finishhing blue dragon qestline, Va;'sharah whole - need tears of Elune later in Ballance q-line)