Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Low Dps @ Ilevel 942

Hi All,

I have looked a whole array of sites for affliction rotation and following them as they explain, and just cannot always get over 1million
    I seem to average between 600k and 900k which i think is too low.

Here are my logs, hopefully the data is there, which i dont fully understand

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...ane/zeventhson

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ane/zeventhson

Thank for in advance for any advice.

I'm not a warlock main - but there are some points that even I can see.

1st: enchant/socket your gear
    2nd: use your dots better. Some have a low uptime.
    3rd: You used just 29 UA's, while the top-ranked affli (on heroic Immonar) uses 31 UA's in a 2:37 fight (half as long than yours) - there is something wrong, too.

Download Simc, copypaste the text ingame and sim your character with raidbots.com for a better information what you should be able to do in a perfect situation.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2018-01-04 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Ah yes i have forgot to socket that item - doin that now

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    Don't forget enchanting one ring, the back and the neck, though. Wont be that much of a boost, but every point counts

Deleted
    Hi All,

I have looked a whole array of sites for affliction rotation and following them as they explain, and just cannot always get over 1million
    I seem to average between 600k and 900k which i think is too low.

Here are my logs, hopefully the data is there, which i dont fully understand

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...ane/zeventhson

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ane/zeventhson

Thank for in advance for any advice.
    Without any set bonuses, low ilvl equipped (934) and non-optimal legendaries (ring + cloak is good, but not best) you should not expect good dps. But there is always room for improvement.

Lets take worldbreaker. You are not using the talent setup that would give you the greatest dps. Before you have 4 set T21, soul conduit will be better than siphon life. Phantom Singularity is also not a good choice on any boss other than Portal Keeper and you should use Soul Harvest here. You dont use Demonic Circle either, this can be seen as an dps increase considering that it will reduce the time you spend running with/from different mechanics and increase the time spent dpsing. Learn to use it well.

Looking through the actual log, there are a few blatant mistakes.

It looks like you forgot you specced siphon life most of the fight and only cast it 3 times, almost making your level 100 talent choice completely useless.
    You used your second pot at 80%(Why?), save it for the last 15-25% (depending how fast the boss will die) instead to make use of your netherlord ring.
    You often activate reap souls before you cast your unstable affliction, wasting a lot of the uptime on casts. You should instead cast 1-2 UA's (depending on number of souls and procs/cooldowns), then use reap souls and then only cast more UA's if you still have more than 4 shards.
    You forgot you had your Charm of the Rising Tide trinket up until the end of the fight, activating it two times at the end but no times in the beginning and middle of the fight.

Looking further, you are using the same talent setup for Fel hounds. Some classes can use pretty much the same talent setup on every boss and do decent damage. Warlocks are not one of those classes. The difference in damage between optimized and unoptimized talents for a fight like fel hounds is huge.
    While it sometimes can be a bit frustrating, I think many classes would love to have the diversity in talents that Affli warlocks have right now but diversity comes with a price.

Good luck!

Edit: I realized that you are using two "use" trinkets, This is generally not a good idea since using one will give the other trinket a 30 second cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc2ad9392976; 2018-01-04 at 02:06 PM.

Hey there

Your talent setup for this Imonar pull isn't ideal, either. I would look at Soul Harvest instead of Phantom Singularity and Soul Conduit instead of Siphon Life on pure single-target fights. If you are multi-dotting (dogs for example), Siphon Life really shines. When using Soul Harvest, it is key you use it at the right times. Look up different Aff lock videos for various fights on youtube for a better idea on when to use it from fight to fight. As AFF lock, you are constantly switching talents in Antorus.

Also, what other Leggos do you have?

Deleted
    By looking at the logs from Wowanalyser, it seems that at least one of the problems is your dot up times. At felhounds, you had 63% up time on agony, 38 % on corruption and only 15% on siphon life. The same goes for the rest of the bosses, where corruption is at ~50 % and siphon life < 25%.

You also seem to be using Malefic grasp a lot, which i would most defiantly not use on hounds/antoran high command. The way you want to play multiple target encounters is to use Writhe in agony and keep the dots up on bosses and long living adds -> snipe soul shards from dying adds. On High command / portal keeper you only had 5 shards sniped, when you could have much more -> more UA into the boss.

I would also use Soul harvest instead of phantom singularity on every other boss exept portal keeper and not use siphon life untill you got 4pc T21. Untill that i would just use Soul conduit.

- - - Updated - - -

You also seem to be having alot of downtime as well without casting anything on some of the bosses. One thing to reduce that is to position yourself better, or with gear just simply ignore the mechanics With my warlock on many bosses i simply root myself in place and not move at all, as our survivability and self heal is more than enough to take the hits. As an example, in High command you can just stand still in the middle of the room for the whole fight on normal and even heroic, if you kill the boss fast enough.

Deleted
    Hello All

Many thank for the replies - all of you - its has been very helpful and make me think omg yes i do need this or yes i am doing that wrong
    I dont have the time the guild raid on set times in the evenings, but do raid in custom setups.

yes , one big thing i realised im not, doing is changing the talent setup as per boss.

Surgency - the others i have are :

Power Cord Of Lethendris - 1000
    Insignia of the Grand Army - 1000
    Stretens Sleepless SHackles - 940

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Crap - Why didnt i spot Marck of the Claw before - what an excellent buff,
    Also simply fine tuning to comments above on the raid training dummy, i seem to be pushing 900k without Flask and Food

Big Smile here now, appreciated all.

Out of those, Power Cord + Soul ring will likely be your best bet for practically every fight.

You should also prioritize getting better trinkets, and of course Tier gear. Save your coins for those, and do all difficulty modes you can (including LFR). Farm Argunite for Relinquished trinkets.

Always socket and enchant any gear you're actually using in raids/M+.

Deleted
    Hello All

Many thank for the replies - all of you - its has been very helpful and make me think omg yes i do need this or yes i am doing that wrong
    I dont have the time the guild raid on set times in the evenings, but do raid in custom setups.

yes , one big thing i realised im not, doing is changing the talent setup as per boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Also simply fine tuning to comments above on the raid training dummy, i seem to be pushing 900k without Flask and Food

Power Chord is really good, use this with ring on most bosses.
    Dont use Mark of the claw, use Mark of the trained soldier instead.

Hello All

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely equip Power Cord and Soul of the Netherlord as they are two of your top 3 leggos on most fights.

Deleted
    just tested on Garothi Normal - 4th averaging 1.1 million

1.1m on Dogs - never got that high before

So happy

thNK YOU ALL
    Last edited by mmocec8bcc95ec; 2018-01-04 at 03:57 PM.

just tested on Garothi Normal - 4th averaging 1.1 million

1.1m on Dogs - never got that high before

So happy

thNK YOU ALL
    Well - when you do 1.1m on a pure ST fight (Garothi) you really have to do more on dogs, because you can constantly multidot.
    But hey - that's better than hovering between 600-900k!

Quote Originally Posted by surgency View Post
    Definitely equip Power Cord and Soul of the Netherlord as they are two of your top 3 leggos on most fights.
    What about the leggo Helm? How does it rank compared to Power Cord and Soul of the Netherlord? I only have leggo helm and Prydaz at the moment.

edited to not derail thread. Will open new thread.

Thanks.
    Last edited by nToxik; 2018-01-04 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I'm not a warlock main - but there are some points that even I can see.

1st: enchant/socket your gear
    2nd: use your dots better. Some have a low uptime.
    3rd: You used just 29 UA's, while the top-ranked affli (on heroic Immonar) uses 31 UA's in a 2:37 fight (half as long than yours) - there is something wrong, too.

Download Simc, copypaste the text ingame and sim your character with raidbots.com for a better information what you should be able to do in a perfect situation.
    To be fair on the UAs he only generated 28 soul shards...thats bad rng right there. He needs the legendary belt if he's ever going to compare to top parsing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    To be fair on the UAs he only generated 28 soul shards...thats bad rng right there. He needs the legendary belt if he's ever going to compare to top parsing players.
    Ah - I don't really know where to look for them on wlogs. though!
    In addition, his dot-uptime was bad (= less shards)

Deleted
    Looks more like its a rotation and buff uptime issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Ah - I don't really know where to look for them on wlogs. though!
    In addition, his dot-uptime was bad (= less shards)
    Of course, for future reference: you go to resources tab, click hit points and you'll get a drop down that'll show like soul shards, rage, mana, ect.

The hood, belt and ring are your top three leggos in general. Depending on the fight, you will swap hood and ring. You should never replace the belt afaik

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Of course, for future reference: you go to resources tab, click hit points and you'll get a drop down that'll show like soul shards, rage, mana, ect.
    Thank you