Deleted

Horde Rogues in Legion (wPvP)

Can we talk about Rogues in Legion wPvP for a minute. As a Warr my experience with them has been horrible from the start of the expansion due to their immense burst, broken legendaries or in general their victories because they are a rogue who happens to have Prydaz or Will of Valeera (and other legendaries like these). Because of this i made a rule for myself to never duel a rogue or never come in contact with them unless its instanced pvp. Am i the only one that is being bothered so much like this? I don't seem to have this problem with any other class.
    Hail Hydra

10+ Year Old Account
    WPvP is a clusterfuck for all the classes, but Rogues benefit greatly from being able to pick and choose their engagements with frontloaded burst. So yeah, it can be frustrating.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

WPvP in general is broken AF. Rogues are known to be bursty from the opener, and this emphasised by Legion's broken legendary and PvP scaling system (which doesn't work in the world). Anyone who opens first can kill someone with cooldowns in a global or 2.

Don't blame Rogues, blame Blizzard for not letting stat scaling work in the world just like honor talents do.

Rogues are ONLY good in world PVP when they can open properly (and if you're not a tank or a healer), otherwise no.

The most OP class in world pvp are druids and all tanks btw

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    The most OP class in world pvp are druids
    lol no

and all tanks btw
    Blood DKs and Guardian Druids are certainly fucking ridiculous, but an Assassination Rogue running with Leeching Poison and Valeera's legs can beat them if they know what they're doing.

I'd say all around, Rogues are the defacto best WPvP class. No other class comes close to what they can do in terms of damage, control and disengaging a losing fight.

Eh id WPVP with a brewmaster monk over rogue any day

I don't think Rogues have an Infinite Sprint anymore though, aka Burst of Speed.

At least now I can kill the pricks that try me. Where as in MoP and WoD if they were losing a fight that they picked they could easily run away.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    lol no

Blood DKs and Guardian Druids are certainly fucking ridiculous, but an Assassination Rogue running with Leeching Poison and Valeera's legs can beat them if they know what they're doing.

I'd say all around, Rogues are the defacto best WPvP class. No other class comes close to what they can do in terms of damage, control and disengaging a losing fight.
    As I said, if they can't open properly then no. Many specs can easily peel off a rogue's CD's if they get attacked first (if your opponent is smart and you're not paying attention at first, as any fight in wpvp, he can easily force you to spend evasion, cloak and vanish), so often your only option is running away and getting back later.

Valeera's legs aren't even that good anymore in wpvp, because of feint's high energy requirement.

As I said, if they can't open properly then no. Many specs can easily peel off a rogue's CD's if they get attacked first (if your opponent is smart and you're not paying attention at first, as any fight in wpvp, he can easily force you to spend evasion, cloak and vanish), so often your only option is running away and getting back later.
    I literally don't know what you're talking about. A rogue, especially Assassination, with the right legendaries can melt anything except tanks/fury warriors in literally the duration of cheapshot. Most classes can't even respond, because trinketing cheapshot means they'll get kidney'd and not trinketing it means they just die. No other class is as powerful in WPvP as Rogues. None.

Valeera's legs aren't even that good anymore in wpvp, because of feint's high energy requirement.
    They're still very excellent in WPvP. The heal is over 5 seconds, so you have plenty of time to regain energy between Feints. I prefer using the Ravenholdt ring for that sick 15% damage bonus to Toxic Blade, but legs are super powerful especially when you're fighting a tank (because it gives you the edge to out-sustain the tank).

You really have no fucking clue what you're on about.

I literally don't know what you're talking about. A rogue, especially Assassination, with the right legendaries can melt anything except tanks/fury warriors in literally the duration of cheapshot. Most classes can't even respond, because trinketing cheapshot means they'll get kidney'd and not trinketing it means they just die. No other class is as powerful in WPvP as Rogues. None.
    Like you can't use any defense CD for KS

They're still very excellent in WPvP. The heal is over 5 seconds, so you have plenty of time to regain energy between Feints. I prefer using the Ravenholdt ring for that sick 15% damage bonus to Toxic Blade, but legs are super powerful especially when you're fighting a tank (because it gives you the edge to out-sustain the tank).
    The ring also isn't useful, especially not in combination with the legs. You're better of taking mantle for the sick dps or even the cloak.

You really have no fucking clue what you're on about.
    Yeah, welcome to my ignore list.

Like you can't use any defense CD for KS
    You can, but it won't help much. A healer can survive the initial opener, but will eventually die if the Rogue is able to sustain.

The ring also isn't useful, especially not in combination with the legs. You're better of taking mantle for the sick dps or even the cloak.
    It goes without saying that you're using Mantle if you're WPvPing as a Rogue. It's essential. I use Mantle+Ring. Dunno what the fuck you're talking about by calling the ring "not useful", but I've already outed you as ignorant. The ring is 15% damage to your single target combo point builders. That on top of Night Stalker and Prey on the Weak makes Toxic Blade hit for around 2.5 million coming out of stealth with sap on your target. You are totally full of shit if you think the ring isn't "that useful".

Yeah, welcome to my ignore list.
    And when the scrub loses the argument, he pisses himself and announces to everyone (because he thinks they care?) he's ignoring the better player. Woopiewoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally have yet to lose ANY fight 1v1 on my Veng DH in world PvP. Even 2v1 isn't an issue unless both players are highly experienced and geared, in which case, I can always leap 2 times 40 yards away and pop Demonic Trample to peace out at TWICE THE SPEED OF A GROUND MOUNT. Absolutely nothing in this game can keep up with me, unless it's another VDH.

BDKs and healers of equal gear are usually stalemates though. Both sides don't have the damage to break through our healing so the fight ends in us eventually getting bored and going our separate ways or one side calling in for reinforcements. I think a good Prot Pally could also lead to stalemate since they have pretty good healing, but haven't fought a good one yet in wpvp to know for sure. In terms of tanks, I'd say BrMs are by far the easiest tank to kill since their Stagger mechanic relies on outside heals in order to be effective.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    They're one of the reasons why I stopped playing legion

7+ Year Old Account
    The rule is not fight against anyone with prydaz and never fight a tank/healer

I had problems with rogues before the 40% nerf on damage on classes, but now isnt that bad, still try to avoid class with self heal like priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This is a statement that has been a fact of wow since original launch back in 2004. I don't see why its particularly frustrating in Legion.
    Because of legendaries with passives such as "All your abilities are guaranteed critical hits in stealth and after leaving stealth for 5 seconds" allowing geared Rogues to kill other players in 3-4 globals from full health while stunned. I'm not saying it makes me mad, I don't mind WPvP imbalance, but I think it rubs a lot of other people the wrong way.

Bearing in mind that we haven't had Vanilla-like PvP design where Rogues were designed to 1-2 shot clothies since, well, Vanilla. People aren't used to it and by and large have reacted badly.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

This. They really do have it easy. Which makes me wonder why they would be happy and proud to gank/camp classes they counter.

im a heroic/mythic+15 geared ret pally and i do not fear rogues at all...even 1v2 on some occasions. not tanks, primarily blood dks and guardian druids are another story