Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope. Joined one when I first started 11+ years ago with a friend who happened to pass away a couple years later and not worth the cost/inconvenience to transfer 10+ toons.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still have some chars on Tich-US which is probably the "main" pvp realm for horde in NA, but the server is still like 75% pve. There isnt really going to be much to miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Not really, never liked those high lvls with nothing better to do then mess with low lvls. That's just pathetic that you suck so much you need to target those much weaker just to get some kills on your character.
    If I want to PvP, which I want to once in a while, I'll go do BGs or Arenas, that's what they are there for.

Nope.

I've always chosen to not play on them. The year or so that was obliged to play on one was terrible and I moved back to PVE the first chance I got.

I'm also on a pvp server because of friends. being camped usually means I have to log off. :'(
    hit & run posting lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No

Good riddance. The only people mad at this change are griefers. THE ONLY!

Legion killed any wpvp fun to be had. In any previous expansion I would have said yes, I won't miss it at all after seeing the shitshow of Legion pvp though.

Nope, good riddance and they never should have existed in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Can't really say that I will.

I won't miss it at all, I hate having to deal with PvP when I'm trying to do my mythic+ dungeons, seriously, I once joined a +15 upper kara, ported to karazhan and died BEFORE my loading screen finished, the area was swarming with hordies, and the group was forced to disband because we couldn't enter the dungeon because the horde kept spawn camping us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making script slayers rage back in the days never got old. I'll miss it a bit.

Looking forward to being on the same server as my wife. She's been PVE and I've been PVP since release. Now we'll be able to farm for each other and she can hop into some of my mythic raids when we're short or to drop lock cookies and a summon stone when none of our locks decide to show up...

No, PvP servers are a curse.

They cause huge population imbalances because no one wants to play on a server that is dominated by the opposite faction. This of course is a positive feedback loop. The more people who join an imbalanced server on the dominate faction, the more others are also encouraged to play there.

Now here is something ironic: PvP servers killed world PvP.

As a server becomes increasingly one-faction dominate, the number of available enemies decreases. In the end, you have a server full of your own faction with few people to even engage in PvP with.

On paper, the new changes stand to correct both of these problems. And although they won't magically balance out overnight, it will lead to more balanced servers over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Were any of the PvP servers, population wise, balanced? I was pretty disappointed about this one aspect of Blackrock when I moved there during early Cata. Seems like a wasted feature if the population of each side is way out of whack.
    Only in vanilla. When BC came around most people flocked to Horde or server hopped to a higher Alliance pop realm, WPvP has never been population balanced on any server since.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a pile of characters on a PvP realm. Excited for the change.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Not a bit. When WoW was pretty new and everyone was garbage at pvp (myself included), I loved wpvp. Fights lasted much longer it seemed, and was a good back and forth before a victor was decided (unless you were hard countered). But now people are so good at exploiting the awful balance it is just not fun. I say this even tho as a rogue I can either demolish anyone I feel inclined to attack or at the worst case pop trinket+vanish macro, hit cloak and sprint off if I don't see myself winning. I won't miss even a little.

Nope, hate when you pick a random group to kill a world boss and it’s on a pvp server, and it becomes a mess of random ganking.

I miss my PvP servers back in vanilla before there was instanced PvP. It was always fun to have the lowbie questing conflicts in the open world (especially Hillsbrad Foothills) spark a huge Horde vs Alliance battle... for those that only experienced SS vs TM instanced PvP, it was so much more fun in the actual open world. I'd say around the time arenas came into play in BC, Blizz really started to try to balance PvP, and that sort of ruined it as every balancing fix just created more issues that trickled into world PvP. Also, it was the start of server imbalance due to people flocking to one faction, because who wants to be the outnumbered faction that's farmed for hours on end? While I like the challenge and will probably level in BfA flagged for PvP, my wife likes PvE environments because we don't always have time to deal with heavily one-sided world PvP to just get one emissary quest done in under an hour.

On a personal note, I'd be all for a mega server mentality so everything can be cross realm. That whole faction imbalance also caused a massive amount of PvE talent to be concentrated in very few spots. Try building/maintaining a mythic raiding guild on one of the non-Full servers or a server grouping where your faction is outnumbered like crazy... it's painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Does this mean I can keep the first quest giver in Hellfire dead for hours without people being able to attack me?

Dis gun be good
    No, because they'll be interacting with the NPC in a different phase to you. People with PvP on will be in the same phase as you, and will be able to attack you.

It will be as if you weren't even playing for the people without PvP on.