Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have a pile of characters on a PvP realm. Excited for the change.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

Not a bit. When WoW was pretty new and everyone was garbage at pvp (myself included), I loved wpvp. Fights lasted much longer it seemed, and was a good back and forth before a victor was decided (unless you were hard countered). But now people are so good at exploiting the awful balance it is just not fun. I say this even tho as a rogue I can either demolish anyone I feel inclined to attack or at the worst case pop trinket+vanish macro, hit cloak and sprint off if I don't see myself winning. I won't miss even a little.

Nope, hate when you pick a random group to kill a world boss and it’s on a pvp server, and it becomes a mess of random ganking.

I miss my PvP servers back in vanilla before there was instanced PvP. It was always fun to have the lowbie questing conflicts in the open world (especially Hillsbrad Foothills) spark a huge Horde vs Alliance battle... for those that only experienced SS vs TM instanced PvP, it was so much more fun in the actual open world. I'd say around the time arenas came into play in BC, Blizz really started to try to balance PvP, and that sort of ruined it as every balancing fix just created more issues that trickled into world PvP. Also, it was the start of server imbalance due to people flocking to one faction, because who wants to be the outnumbered faction that's farmed for hours on end? While I like the challenge and will probably level in BfA flagged for PvP, my wife likes PvE environments because we don't always have time to deal with heavily one-sided world PvP to just get one emissary quest done in under an hour.

On a personal note, I'd be all for a mega server mentality so everything can be cross realm. That whole faction imbalance also caused a massive amount of PvE talent to be concentrated in very few spots. Try building/maintaining a mythic raiding guild on one of the non-Full servers or a server grouping where your faction is outnumbered like crazy... it's painful.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Does this mean I can keep the first quest giver in Hellfire dead for hours without people being able to attack me?

Dis gun be good
    No, because they'll be interacting with the NPC in a different phase to you. People with PvP on will be in the same phase as you, and will be able to attack you.

It will be as if you weren't even playing for the people without PvP on.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

No i won't. IT's just improved pvp flag system and finally i won't have to feel bad for killing other players who didn't wanted to participate but had to because they rolled on a pvp server for big pool of players to do pve
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Kinda, yeah. I loved the allure that they had to them. The feeling of knowing that you're never safe. Sure, it got annoying at times, but this is why there are two separate server designations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kinda, yeah. I loved the allure that they had to them. The feeling of knowing that you're never safe. Sure, it got annoying at times, but this is why there are two separate server designations.
    You'll have the same feeling by ticking "pvp on" in BfA. Except there will be no players who are not interested in PvP, so EVERYONE you meet are UP TO killing you.

And, you know, "annoying at times" and "two separate server designations" aren't comparable things. If you don't feel like PvPing right now, you won't be transferring to PvE server for that hour or two, then back to PvP.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-13 at 09:16 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No, because PvP only happened when it was a slaughter, or while you were afk. SO EXCITING!!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

No one will actually miss them. If you enjoy pvp servers you keep pvp on. Same deal. if you don't like it, you turn it off. So no one will miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You'll have the same feeling by ticking "pvp on" in BfA. Except there will be no players who are not interested in PvP, so EVERYONE you meet are UP TO killing you.
    This is true, but I just don't like the idea of being able to opt out of it. I shouldn't be able to go into "PvE mode" to farm mats without the risk of PvP. That was my allure. Anything I did out in the world always had the risk of wPvP and I had to deal with it.

I'll be able to replicate that to some degree in BfA, so I'm happy about that.

If you don't feel like PvPing right now, you won't be transferring to PvE server for that hour or two, then back to PvP.
    That's precisely my point. There were PvE servers for people who didn't like it and PvP servers for those who did. The only reason this is getting changed is because people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance - the people who blamed Blizzard because they themselves weren't able to comprehend the disclaimer, "Playing on a PvP realm means that you open to PvP out in the world".

The change wasn't needed, from my perspective, but don't mistake that for me saying the change is bad. I get the best of my world, assuming that other players actually use it, and the people who don't want to take responsibility for their actions get their PvE server playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    This is true, but I just don't like the idea of being able to opt out of it. I shouldn't be able to go into "PvE mode" to farm mats without the risk of PvP. That was my allure. Anything I did out in the world always had the risk of wPvP and I had to deal with it.

I'll be able to replicate that to some degree in BfA, so I'm happy about that.

That's precisely my point. There were PvE servers for people who didn't like it and PvP servers for those who did. The only reason this is getting changed is because people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance - the people who blamed Blizzard because they themselves weren't able to comprehend the disclaimer, "Playing on a PvP realm means that you open to PvP out in the world".

The change wasn't needed, from my perspective, but don't mistake that for me saying the change is bad. I get the best of my world, assuming that other players actually use it, and the people who don't want to take responsibility for their actions get their PvE server playstyle.
    But then you can just... not tick PvE on.. it's all up to you. It literally changes nothing but making PvP on more... PvP, because there will be only players who want to PvP right now

Also people playing on PvP servers not always want to PvP, as well as players on PvE servers not always wasn't to not PvP. Old system existed simply because there was no tech in place to implement what is coming in BfA. Saying that people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance is actually ignorant, because of how community, server transfers and rerolling works.

I personally don't plan to use PvE option at all, but will probably use it in some extreme cases when i'm in hurry and don't want to deal with a raid of allies camping a summoning stone
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-13 at 10:17 AM.

But then you can just... not tick PvE on.. it's all up to you.
    I like the permanence currently in play, aside from doing something as drastic as transferring. Again, it's not a major thing, merely a small thing that I ended up appreciating. I know that everyone who plays on my server is in the same boat. Not in the same boat if opinions, mind you, but we share the mindset that whenever we go out into the world, PvP is always a possibility and something we have to accept.

I have very fond moments of wPvP, because Bliizard forced me to be in a situation where wPvP was possible. Had the "switch" been a mechanic since the inception, I would've been denied that, as there would certainly had been times I had PvP disabled.

I think the system going forward is better, but yeah, I'll always miss what the previous system ended up giving me because there wasn't an easy way out.

Saying that people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance is actually ignorant, because of how community, server transfers and rerolling works.
    There are people I give the benefit of the doubt too. People who were on a balanced PvP server in terms of faction ratio. I had the displeasure of watching KJ-US go from a 45-55 ratio to the likely 20-80 it is now.

My issue with these people are, while there are some annoyed by how the server turned out, rarely do I see someone advocate to restoring the server. It's almost always, "Oh I have a convenient excuse to try to remove the wPvP aspect from these now". That reeks of someone rolling on a PvP server, knowing wPvP happens, then not accepting the consequence of it.

Nope.

I'm never gonna miss fighting a tank in the middle of the world for around 35 minutes..

Nope pvp is an afterthought in this game and pvpers will have to live with the table scrabs they are fed and like it.

I'll miss pvp servers about as much as I'd miss a hemorrhoid. Good riddance.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I deliberately rolled on a PvE server...so...no.

Not in the slightest. Actual world PvP doesn't exist, it's just a gankfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'll miss pvp servers about as much as I'd miss a hemorrhoid. Good riddance.
    You really gotta bait with this kind of inflammatory comment?

I don't get some people on here. Why can't you just post normally instead of this massive level of passive-aggressiveness some of you seem to have?