Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No i won't. IT's just improved pvp flag system and finally i won't have to feel bad for killing other players who didn't wanted to participate but had to because they rolled on a pvp server for big pool of players to do pve
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda, yeah. I loved the allure that they had to them. The feeling of knowing that you're never safe. Sure, it got annoying at times, but this is why there are two separate server designations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kinda, yeah. I loved the allure that they had to them. The feeling of knowing that you're never safe. Sure, it got annoying at times, but this is why there are two separate server designations.
    You'll have the same feeling by ticking "pvp on" in BfA. Except there will be no players who are not interested in PvP, so EVERYONE you meet are UP TO killing you.

And, you know, "annoying at times" and "two separate server designations" aren't comparable things. If you don't feel like PvPing right now, you won't be transferring to PvE server for that hour or two, then back to PvP.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-13 at 09:16 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No, because PvP only happened when it was a slaughter, or while you were afk. SO EXCITING!!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

No one will actually miss them. If you enjoy pvp servers you keep pvp on. Same deal. if you don't like it, you turn it off. So no one will miss it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You'll have the same feeling by ticking "pvp on" in BfA. Except there will be no players who are not interested in PvP, so EVERYONE you meet are UP TO killing you.
    This is true, but I just don't like the idea of being able to opt out of it. I shouldn't be able to go into "PvE mode" to farm mats without the risk of PvP. That was my allure. Anything I did out in the world always had the risk of wPvP and I had to deal with it.

I'll be able to replicate that to some degree in BfA, so I'm happy about that.

If you don't feel like PvPing right now, you won't be transferring to PvE server for that hour or two, then back to PvP.
    That's precisely my point. There were PvE servers for people who didn't like it and PvP servers for those who did. The only reason this is getting changed is because people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance - the people who blamed Blizzard because they themselves weren't able to comprehend the disclaimer, "Playing on a PvP realm means that you open to PvP out in the world".

The change wasn't needed, from my perspective, but don't mistake that for me saying the change is bad. I get the best of my world, assuming that other players actually use it, and the people who don't want to take responsibility for their actions get their PvE server playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    This is true, but I just don't like the idea of being able to opt out of it. I shouldn't be able to go into "PvE mode" to farm mats without the risk of PvP. That was my allure. Anything I did out in the world always had the risk of wPvP and I had to deal with it.

I'll be able to replicate that to some degree in BfA, so I'm happy about that.

That's precisely my point. There were PvE servers for people who didn't like it and PvP servers for those who did. The only reason this is getting changed is because people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance - the people who blamed Blizzard because they themselves weren't able to comprehend the disclaimer, "Playing on a PvP realm means that you open to PvP out in the world".

The change wasn't needed, from my perspective, but don't mistake that for me saying the change is bad. I get the best of my world, assuming that other players actually use it, and the people who don't want to take responsibility for their actions get their PvE server playstyle.
    But then you can just... not tick PvE on.. it's all up to you. It literally changes nothing but making PvP on more... PvP, because there will be only players who want to PvP right now

Also people playing on PvP servers not always want to PvP, as well as players on PvE servers not always wasn't to not PvP. Old system existed simply because there was no tech in place to implement what is coming in BfA. Saying that people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance is actually ignorant, because of how community, server transfers and rerolling works.

I personally don't plan to use PvE option at all, but will probably use it in some extreme cases when i'm in hurry and don't want to deal with a raid of allies camping a summoning stone
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-13 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then you can just... not tick PvE on.. it's all up to you.
    I like the permanence currently in play, aside from doing something as drastic as transferring. Again, it's not a major thing, merely a small thing that I ended up appreciating. I know that everyone who plays on my server is in the same boat. Not in the same boat if opinions, mind you, but we share the mindset that whenever we go out into the world, PvP is always a possibility and something we have to accept.

I have very fond moments of wPvP, because Bliizard forced me to be in a situation where wPvP was possible. Had the "switch" been a mechanic since the inception, I would've been denied that, as there would certainly had been times I had PvP disabled.

I think the system going forward is better, but yeah, I'll always miss what the previous system ended up giving me because there wasn't an easy way out.

Saying that people can't take responsibility for their own ignorance is actually ignorant, because of how community, server transfers and rerolling works.
    There are people I give the benefit of the doubt too. People who were on a balanced PvP server in terms of faction ratio. I had the displeasure of watching KJ-US go from a 45-55 ratio to the likely 20-80 it is now.

My issue with these people are, while there are some annoyed by how the server turned out, rarely do I see someone advocate to restoring the server. It's almost always, "Oh I have a convenient excuse to try to remove the wPvP aspect from these now". That reeks of someone rolling on a PvP server, knowing wPvP happens, then not accepting the consequence of it.

Deleted
    Nope.

I'm never gonna miss fighting a tank in the middle of the world for around 35 minutes..

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope pvp is an afterthought in this game and pvpers will have to live with the table scrabs they are fed and like it.

I'll miss pvp servers about as much as I'd miss a hemorrhoid. Good riddance.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Not in the slightest. Actual world PvP doesn't exist, it's just a gankfest.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'll miss pvp servers about as much as I'd miss a hemorrhoid. Good riddance.
    You really gotta bait with this kind of inflammatory comment?

I don't get some people on here. Why can't you just post normally instead of this massive level of passive-aggressiveness some of you seem to have?

I've played on both kinds of servers for 13 years. PvE from Vanilla to ~MoP before my guild finally switched servers. Since MoP, I've been on two PvP servers and honestly, I really hate not having a toggle.

BfA's lukewarm reveal was really upsetting to me, but I cried tears of joy seeing this towards the end. I am so excited for it.

PS: Now it won't feel 'required' to have a cross-realm tool or make/join a group for a WQ to get out of PvP. Now I can just opt out. It's amazing.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    You really gotta bait with this kind of inflammatory comment?

I don't get some people on here. Why can't you just post normally instead of this massive level of passive-aggressiveness some of you seem to have?
    Bait? inflammatory?

Who am I baiting? who am I flamming?

The thread is "will you miss pvp servers" and my answer is: No, I will not. I'd miss them about as much as I'd miss a painful disease.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    I transfered to a PVE server a few years back to join a new guild and i have missed ganking people that stole my quest mobs ever since. I'm really hyped for the new PVP option so that i can get back to ganking. Maybe they will even add a FFA mode where i also get to gank people the same faction as me.
    Yea that’s usually the time I engage ally when leveling on my pvp. They stealing my mobs (or even near them really) usually just attack getting free mobs and a kill usually enough for me. Just wish you got something more out of fighting someone your own level in world pvp not much of a reward currently.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Bait? inflammatory?

Who am I baiting? who am I flamming?

The thread is "will you miss pvp servers" and my answer is: No, I will not. I'd miss them about as much as I'd miss a painful disease.
    It's a derogatory comment toward PvP servers, and by extension people who enjoy them. By insulting something, you indirectly insult the people who enjoy that very thing. It's unnecessary.

No. I transferred most of my characters to a pve a realm during this expansion because I didn't want to deal with faction imbalances anymore.

I've played nearly exclusively on PvP servers since Vanilla and frankly the change is welcome.

PvP servers offered a sense of danger in the past, not only were there monsters, but other players creeping in the area. Fast forward, and it's usually a couple of Rogues camping Hope's Landing or something similar.

The positive aspects of a PvP server, anytime, anywhere engagement has long since disappeared from the game. For me, Half-Hill is a perfect example of stupid PvP behavior. A player can engage another player in PvP, only to be swarmed by guards BUT can elude them (players and guards) by simply hopping to the instanced portion of their farm.

I had hoped that PvP towers would've offered focal points of PvP, but players don't seem interested in sticking around the towers outside of dailies.

Being able to toggle when I can fight, will be a good thing.

Nope.

If world pvp (I miss you crossroads) were still a thing then I would. But it's mainly just ganking now. Trying to level a new toon is especially annoying d/t this.