Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Post VRchat is more than knuckles memes

Sooooo... after all the knuckles spam I tried VRchat on my vive because I wanted to see the meme before it dies (think of it as a visit to the zoo).

Needless to say I grew tired of it pretty quickly and left with a genuine pity for those people able to spend hours larping as some red bs avatar making spit noises and mocking Ugandan accent.

So I left Uganda and did a little bit of exploration. Here's what I did next :

- Got to try a very detailed recreation of the moon landing site with breathtaking view on craters and reduced gravity

- I visited vr dalaran and the goldshire inn where some people with wow avatars were hanging out

- I played a game of Tron's Disc Wars in the Grid

- Saw a stand up comedy room where people could go on scene and say jokes and stuff

... and many many more

People had all kinds of avatars because you can pick or create whatever you want there are no rules and some even go the extra mile and do lip sync, facial animation, special effects.
    There also are very few rules regarding what you can do and say and it is basically primordial internet chaos that is often likened to IRC and the beginnings of the internet ( I'm a bit too young to know about that though).

Lots of people do weird shit but that's a really beautiful kind of weird shit. Entire universes are created on a joke. Some dedicate themselves to the reproduction of history, places, art. Others imagine free floating virtual dance clubs suspended in space with psychedelic animations in the background and music.

There are mazes, games, landscapes and movie theaters. You can do anything you can image.

As someone that just finished reading Ready Player One again I'm really stunned by how similar to the oasis the whole thing is.

I don't plan on going back a lot but I'm really glad I did because I feel like I witnessed a prototype of the matrix. If vr becomes mainstream big I expect people to refer to VRchat like we refer to AOL chatrooms.

It probably won't be as immersive but you actually don't need a vr headset to try vrchat. And it's free so I encourage you to give it a go. Don't worry there aren't that much knuckles and you can mute them anyways.

Alright that was my take on the matter thanks for reading take care guys

Deleted
    VR is to discriminatory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    VR is to discriminatory
    You can say,do, and even BE anything you want

It hardly gets less discriminatory than that

VR is to discriminatory
    Because you wear glasses or because of motion sickness?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    both

That being said, I may try it

Deleted
    Physical disability

VR needs a few more decades of tweaking.

Physical disability

Non-issue with VR.

Physical disability
    Not VR's fault.

Physical disability

You can handle disability RP in MMOC, as well as bang and date everyone in the UK that is willing - VR is a small challenge for someone as great as you.

Deleted
    Non-issue with VR.
    Well it is if you can't physically use the hardware

Still not VR's fault then.

What hardware? The goggles? The hand controllers? I could understand if you were missing an arm but you don't need legs to use VR.

What hardware? The goggles? The hand controllers?
    I think adam is like, paralyzed or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Not VR's fault.
    Didn't say it was, but until people with limited movement can actually use it it's going to be ignored by some disabled gamers

- - - Updated - - -

What hardware? The goggles? The hand controllers? I could understand if you were missing an arm but you don't need legs to use VR.
    Hand controls

Personally I am more interested in Brain Control

Deleted
    Didn't say it was, but until people with limited movement can actually use it it's going to be ignored by some disabled gamers
    well they won't ignore it just be really envious

if there is enough merit for a company in doing so, they would have done so in the beginning.

[edit] how do you like, type if you have a issue with your hands? aren't there like special programs that can help with this sort of thing? like using your feet instead of your hands.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-01-21 at 08:40 PM.

Hand controls

Now see, this is a legitimate concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you hate on Ugandan Knuckles and then talk about how awesome it is that universes are created from jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

Hand controls

The vast majority of VR games can be played while completely stationary. Movement is done with the controllers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I like how you hate on Ugandan Knuckles and then talk about how awesome it is that universes are created from jokes.
    I honestly don't hate it quite the contrary but I just find the people doing it relentlessly 24/7 quite pathetic