Poll: Whats more important?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Which is More Important? The "World" or the "War"?

Just curious. It seems some people really connect to the exploration and discovery associated with WoW, especially Vanilla players. Then there are also plenty of people who really play for the PvP, competitive raids, Orcs vs Humans, and war centric plot points. What is more important in your eyes? IS WoW straying too far in one particular direction?

Is it the WORLD of Warcraft, or the World of WARcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both, can't have war without the world and can't have a world without war. Blizzard's little world is built closely after ours on that part. Different enough to strike conflict but not too different that we can't cooperate when needed.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2018-01-05 at 11:13 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

World, the war hasn't made an sense for years, just keeps happening because blizzard can't let it go and needs to dream up useless reasons for it continuing.

Both, but mostly the War which makes the world interesting.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    First and foremost the world, then the war, or warcraft.
    The world and its lore determine what happens in that world. Love and hate are part of that, which eventually leads us to such things as war

I agree with Detheavn, while war is an important theme throughout, it can't exist without the world. I find the lore/world much more interesting and important, but its filled with war (PVP, Raiding, etc). Right now I think things are relatively even, but in the next xpac the lore is going to either get very interesting since we are beginning to venture into unknown territory with BfA/Old gods/void, or it's going to be a bandaid/excuse for the next set of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    The World, clearly. You don't really have a viable game without it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    World, the war hasn't made an sense for years, just keeps happening because blizzard can't let it go and needs to dream up useless reasons for it continuing.
    I don't know why people keep saying this. Because its wrong.

1) There hasn't been a War in World of Warcraft ever. The wars took place, in Warcraft Orcs Vs Humans,

2) We fought battles, and minor skirmishes here and there inbetween fighting larger threats. Uneasy allies that step on each others toes.

3) Every battle and Skirmish we have fought has made perfect sense for why it was happening, and what caused it.

4)MoP and from the looks of it BFA are the only expansions ever coming close to War...with MoP just touching the surface of what War is and how it starts. Until Isles of Thunder came about and dropped the building heat of the aspect of the War, to the aspect of an overall Evil. The big bad if you will.

5) The Battle for Azeroth is an event being manipulated by Old Gods. They love to stir the chaos, they thrive on it, and its a great distraction from what lies behind the curtain. So in the case, the War starting in Battle of Azeroth makes perfect sense. Now will we see the War come to a full fruition? I couldn't say.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-01-06 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying this. Because its wrong.

1) There hasn't been a War in World of Warcraft ever. The wars took place, in Warcraft Orcs Vs Humans,

2) We fought battles, and minor skirmishes here and there inbetween fighting larger threats. Uneasy allies that step on each others toes.

3) Every battle and Skirmish we have fought has made perfect sense for why it was happening, and what caused it.

4)MoP and from the looks of it BFA are the only expansions ever coming close to War...with MoP just touching the surface of what War is and how it starts. Until Isles of Thunder came about and dropped the building heat of the aspect of the War, to the aspect of an overall Evil. The big bad if you will.

5) The Battle for Azeroth is an event being manipulated by Old Gods. They love to stir the chaos, they thrive on it, and its a great distraction from what lies behind the curtain. So in the case, the War starting in Battle of Azeroth makes perfect sense. Now will we see the War come to a full fruition? I couldn't say.
    You can have a war without being AT war, see the cold war. But point is, the two factions have been working together for years, and if BfA ISN'T old god manipulation it'll just fall flat on its face over it.

The whole two faction system itself is dead and needs to go the way of the dodo... pvp can be training skirmishes.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can have a war without being AT war, see the cold war. But point is, the two factions have been working together for years, and if BfA ISN'T old god manipulation it'll just fall flat on its face over it.

The whole two faction system itself is dead and needs to go the way of the dodo... pvp can be training skirmishes.
    But it is Old God manipulation...what are you talking about? Its clear as day. From the foreshadowing in Legion, all of the hints and the involvement of Old Minions in various quest, literally one minion is "dormant" under Thrisfal Glades...... to Queen Azshara, N'zoths Hench-bitch being a raid boss in BFA. N'zoth is pulling the strings here and manipulating events to keep us distracted and away from what he/it is attempting. It doesn't take that much to connect the dots and see where this is going...lol

and Like I said, we've had battles and skirmishes. Never War, and we for sure as hell haven't had a Cold war. So it is what it is, battles and skirmishes.

Dead as you say? Not even remotely. Unliked by a minority group, sure.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-01-06 at 03:17 AM.

But it is Old God manipulation...what are you talking about? Its clear as day. From the foreshadowing in Legion, all of the hints and the involvement of Old Minions in various quest, literally one minion is "dormant" under Thrisfal Glades...... to Queen Azshara, N'zoths Hench-bitch being a raid boss in BFA. N'zoth is pulling the strings here and manipulating events to keep us distracted and away from what he/it is attempting. It doesn't take that much to connect the dots and see where this is going...lol

and Like I said, we've had battles and skirmishes. Never War, and we for sure as hell haven't had a Cold war. So it is what it is, battles and skirmishes.

Dead as you say? Not even remotely. Unliked by a minority group, sure.
    You can connect the dots all you want but Blizz will take it whatever direction they please. And if you can't see the faction system is dead, I got a bridge to sell you. We've been working together for years, only thing left to do is allow cross faction grouping and comms.

7+ Year Old Account
    The World.

vanilla wow was beautiful, many secrets, and the satisfaction when you discovered one of those.
    i felt the same way in mop,but it was diferent, like you say, many "world", not so many "warcraft"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The World obviously is obviously the biggest draw to WoW, the game mechanics by themselves aren't really that interesting without the setting.
    But the War thing could work in BFA without old gods, so long as they're willing to actually go ham with it.
    Like roaming armies of elite NPCs hostile to the opposing faction, towns and cities being destroyed as the story progresses, capitals being sieged and falling towards the end, and finally they have to pick a winner and loser - where the losing side is conquered and occupied, and their leaders publicly executed.
    They totally won't do that however since their focus is on the new land areas and not EK/Kal.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can connect the dots all you want but Blizz will take it whatever direction they please. And if you can't see the faction system is dead, I got a bridge to sell you. We've been working together for years, only thing left to do is allow cross faction grouping and comms.
    Its not really connecting the dots,keypoint into why I said "it doesn't take that much" its all right there..lol. But okay bud. Hard for you to accept the obvious unless its shoved in your face apparently.
    Yes they can go in any direction, but it needs to make sense. Since WoD they've been following a storyline here, they've even stated that themselves announcing Legion, so if they want to throw out their latest advancements in their story telling capabilities by all means they can "go in another direction". But that's two steps back in the story telling department for them. But whatever you say chum.

Just because we worked together doesn't make us friends or at peace?!!! LMAO.Do you know World history? I mean a lot of people worked together and became enemies in current times. Hell some organizations were started by other Countries only for that organization to become an enemy of that Country later on....

Its necessity in almost every case we've worked together, a common interest at whatever point in time in Azeroth and the real World.

Your bridge is shit, and I will not be buying it because it doesn't work, nor make sense

- - - Updated - - -

To Answer the OP
    Its the World, its the adventure, its the fantasy, its the creatures and monsters,a World that has a history, that's has been lived in. That has a past, present and future. That's what makes everything else work, The "War" is just a minor part of that, mainly the history of Azeroth, any battles we find ourselves in usually takes the back seat
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-01-06 at 03:39 AM.

Yes they can go in any direction, but it needs to make sense.
    Because WoD made so much sense... And they drop plot lines between expansions all the time, all that foreshadowing with Wrathion that amounted to nothing? Just because they threw a bunch of old god shit into this expansion (most of it through the shadow priest dagger and eyeball boss) doesn't mean that's where they plan to take the next one, like I said, they leave plot threads dangling ALL THE TIME.

And if you don't want to see not only the reason, but the need for the faction shit to end, that's fine I guess, agree to disagree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because WoD made so much sense... And they drop plot lines between expansions all the time, all that foreshadowing with Wrathion that amounted to nothing? Just because they threw a bunch of old god shit into this expansion (most of it through the shadow priest dagger and eyeball boss) doesn't mean that's where they plan to take the next one, like I said, they leave plot threads dangling ALL THE TIME.

And if you don't want to see not only the reason, but the need for the faction shit to end, that's fine I guess, agree to disagree.
    Yes that was MoP...lots of things got dropped from MoP. That's why I didn't say MoP as the pinnacle of their new story direction
    WoD is the reason that Legion happend, it connected is what I'm saying. You can't be this dense mate?

...Anyway I like how you quoted that one thing and then argued for you own wrong reasoning for faction crossing...it wouldn't make sense, not yet anyway, we are still enemies at the end of the day..I covered why in the rest of the quote you chose to ignore here.

But sure.

Agree to disagree, so I don't have to waste my time trying to get you to see reason and cause

The most important thing is the "Of" Otherwise you're just stuck with WW.

The World. The War just adds flavor to it. That's all.

The World. It's huge and awesome.

The war is okay though. But it's not really a war at anymore. It's more like an occassional thing. The proper war ended in like WC2.

I see Warcraft more as the brand, than actually describing the game itself. That's where the World comes in.