Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I swear some people must live in a scary world where they think most people around them would just screw them over for some petty nonsense reason.
    Because, to be fair, there are lots of false rape accusations in the 'common' world, outside of the Hollywood celebs. These false accusations happening at a common-people level is what angers people when they hear "XXX person accused of rape, loses all endorsements and future gigs". At face value, the sensationalized headlines make it seem like Cosby or Weinstein were accused and then executed without proof, it takes a little reading to realize the legitimacy of the accusations that were put against them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Esp when this type of shit happens. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...port-says.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uh, yeah, there is no excuse to grope them without their consent. You can eye rape them all you want though. They’re asking for that shit when they wear outfits like those.
    That's why I said it's no excuse to grope. Those guys are just simple perverts that should be handled (just not with laughable social media hashtags).

But women know damn well what turns men on, there is no other reason women's clothing is so revealing. It's not like they need more fresh air or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Indeed, let's be real.

1) What Al Franken did was not nearly as bad as Harvey Weinstein, but it was still bad enough. Along the same lines, we don't just punish murderers; we also punish assault and battery, thieves, etc. Al Franken should have absolutely known better.
    Though I think there is something like a statute of limitation for some of this stuff. Pretending to grope a person 10 years ago doesn't really reflect on who you might be today. There's no way a criminal case could be made, but a social case moves on. While I commend Franken taking the lead and stepping down rather than dragging everything out, he knew he did this stuff before running. He knew he was a silly jerk in the past, so what does it matter than someone found out years later?

2) Everyone that I've read about that has faced real consequences has been the result of actual proof. Please stop this nonsense that one person make an out-of-the-blue claim has caused someone to lose their job.
    My main problem is focusing on Weinstein, while ignoring so many of his enablers. Sure, toss the guy under a truck, but listen to the stories of the women assaulted/ propositioned and count how many of his staff were there assisting him. Delevigne's story, they told her they couldn't get her car for god's sake.

Plenty of folks like McGowan, she's a champ, taking on the evil empire. But in 97 she took her payoff and kept quiet. 20 years of silence for 100k, while other women had issues. She couldn't do a whole lot, sure, but why is she acting like she fought the good fight for 20 years?

Hell, what about all the actresses that slept with someone to get a role, furthering the culture of sex for power?

It's just silly to me that they want to focus on Jabba and ignore all his underlings.

The problem with articles like the one posted is that the author, while trying to be reflective, ends up missing the point. The point is that things will always be a bit messy, but it is high time that people (especially men) start to grow up and be adults. I would absolutely welcome a serious discussion about what may or may not be appropriate regarding flirting, etc...but the movement has not largely been about "look, that guy winked at me"; the movement has far too many instances of grabbing genitals, rape, sexual favor demands, and demeaning behavior, and that shit needs to stop.
    It's easy to take the movement and pick and choose what you want to make it fit your story, but it's not even really a movement. It's a bunch of people with a hashtag. It's social court and there's no real penalty. If Loius CK says "yeah, I did it, so what? I'm still funny, what do you care?" then it doesn't matter, does it? Who really thought Loius CK was a nice guy?

At some point, companies will realize they don't need to be afraid of The People anymore. Right now, they think 100,000 people retweeting means they need to take action or lose business. In reality, most of those 100k didn't give you money anyway and those that did won't quit you because of it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    There is a whole lot of bullshit in this thread already, but this comment right here wins the award for the most careless and ignorant.

Go get yourself educated on how sexual predation works and has been so pervasive and effective over the years.

Are you seriously going with a flavor of the "she asked for it because of the way she dressed" route? Do you really want to do this to yourself?
    It's the hypocrite "we're not sexual objects but dresses like one." Not that i have a problem, but if somebody looks don't get all mad ^^

Not the main point of the article, but I've got to lol at the idea of asking for consent for sexual advances. How is that even supposed to work? Such a request is already a sexual advance on its own, so it's sort of a paradox. Reminds me of the brilliant poster that tried to champion the idea of asking people for consent to think about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    True, but what real benefit is there in "falsely" accusing someone of sexual harassment? Especially in this way when no regal legal actions are being taken? They aren't suing for damages or what have you.

The accuser doesn't get any money. There's no "you claim to be sexually harassed, here's a pile of cash" fund just sitting around that'll pay dividends to whomever wants to claim it. They don't get the accused's job if it's some sort of employed setting. There's really no gain to be had.

So what's really the benefit? Ten minutes of internet fame? Sure, there might be some weird people out there that would do that just because, but I think the "false accusation" threat is... really overblown.
    I've seen women falsely come forward as victims of a serial rapist whose identity wasn't even known at the time due to him not being caught yet. Who knows why people do stupid shit like this. It still happens. It's not like @Flarelaine talked about it being a daily occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You're never going to get it through these 12 year olds that have never had a girlfriend what it actually means to treat women properly and respectfully.

Not to mention the amount of time it would to take make them realize how pathetically easy it is for the powerful to deflect accusations from the less powerful. Why do you think the alt-right is popular with the kids? It takes a child to believe in it. Some of those children just happen to be old enough to vote.
    If only there was a way to undeniably prove they are false before blatantly throwing the argument away like a forever alone memelord.

I get it, guys. You're angry the world hasn't given you pussy. Chill out on the women hating just a little bit and get a real argument.
    Look at all dem real arguments. Just piling up on top of one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    second, those women who said no thank you and had the attentions persist anyways, even if they didn't give in, have dealt with consequence? guess what? they are #METOO. metoo is not merely about rape its about all forms of sexual harassment, including the times you managed to prevent your own rape. the fact that you had to prevent it in a first place, that there was a real possibility of it happening? is what makes it metoo. guess what woman proudly talking about how she quit her job over being propositioned (becasue she could afford to quit it and look for another job, or just stay home for a while?) YOU TOO.
    Just clarifying something. When you're talking about women preventing their rape and how the fact they have to do so is already problematic, this is a separate tangent from the previous subject of women not giving in, yes? Not a follow-up?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    1) What Al Franken did was not nearly as bad as Harvey Weinstein, but it was still bad enough. Along the same lines, we don't just punish murderers; we also punish assault and battery, thieves, etc. Al Franken should have absolutely known better.
    Plus an argument can be made that more should be expected from a senator than from a Hollywood mogul. Admittedly, the accusations against Franken concern the time when he was still in the entertainment industry himself and not while he was a senator (at least from what I read, maybe there were some later accusations as well), which kinda blurs the lines regarding this point, but the point still stands.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-01-08 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    My exact thoughts. Feminist "allies" might be the creepiest of creeps. Can't get laid? Just act like you support women to get close to them and then blow up when you can't understand why they won't date you.
    Yeah, I actually feel kinda sad for these characters. I mean, I'm strongly repulsed by them (just like the women are lol) but it's still kinda sad.

My exact thoughts. Feminist "allies" might be the creepiest of creeps. Can't get laid? Just act like you support women to get close to them and then blow up when you can't understand why they won't date you.
    Which, funnily enough, a bunch of those tools got ousted as being groping/raping assholes.

Actually, it's about ethics in social relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    That's why I said it's no excuse to grope. Those guys are just simple perverts that should be handled (just not with laughable social media hashtags).
    Across my professional life, I've been groped many times by women in positions of power above me. Since there is no statue of limitations (apparently), I guess I should go find them and destroy their current careers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Across my professional life, I've been groped many times by women in positions of power above me. Since there is no statue of limitations (apparently), I guess I should go find them and destroy their current careers.
    What? What kind of work do you do, where this is so common?

15+ Year Old Account
    You being ok with it doesn't make it ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    If only there was a way to undeniably prove they are true before ruining someone's life and tarnishing their reputation by way of the media.

Oh wait, your agenda doesn't believe in due process...
    How do you prove something is undeniably true? Certainly you are not referring to the courts, because that is not what they do.

But hey, it's good to know you think Hillary was innocent for everything she was accused of (I sure as hell don't think she's innocent).

Happens all the time, women at my work run up and give hugs, throw arms around me, slap everyones asses, etc. It's just no one in management ever bats an eye since it's "Just girls being girls"
    Bleh

Yes, you should report them.

Of course, people will automatically assume you are lying, and blame you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    An accusation alone does not mean much, an accusation about a subject that will be used by some politicians and political ideologies, to gain political capital, means much less.

Thats all about politics, not about sexual harassment.

I cannot express how sick to death I am of seeing "we." Fuck right off, you do not speak for all women.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    in the age of individualism can a twitter tag change the world? no.

the womans march, metoo, the iraq war protests all of these things are designed for the void of the middle class to sniff thier farts and say 'well i did my bit', pat themselves on the back and actually if you take stock, doing nothing. These things don't result in collectivism to challenge existing power.

there will still be a middle manager creeping on chicks, a white van man shouting abuse, a gropeing guy in a nightclub n, a retard exposing themselves on public transport and so on. Good luck with changing that.
    Except a twitter has tag is changing the world, just not in the limited way you're expecting. Just like any other social movement, the idea of the #MeToo campaign isn't intended to, nor is it expected to, stop all sexual abuse and alter otherwise unalterable behavior of everyone. That's a hyperbolic, unreasonable response to a reasonable movement. Stopping every person from ever sexually abusing another person is impossible. It'll never happen. It's not about that. It's about how we, as a society, view and react to those behaviors. If a future person like Weinstein is called out and held accountable for his actions when it happens rather than enabling further actions by just saying that it's "just the way he is", then the movement is successful. In that way a hashtag will have been extremely powerful.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

If only there was a way to undeniably prove they are false before blatantly throwing the argument away like a forever alone memelord.

I get it, guys. You're angry the world hasn't given you pussy. Chill out on the women hating just a little bit and get a real argument.
    Innocence need not be proven, only guilt.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Young man working in a bakery, where an older lady manger would tell me I had a nice butt and pinch it. Working on political campaigns, where drunken female coworkers would overtly proposition me. Later in a marketing firm, where a supervisor would often lean on my desk and do stretches that put one of her feet higher than her head while pointedly asking me what I was doing that night.

My view has always been that when men and women work together, stuff like that happens. I didn't realize until this year that I was a victim of sexual harassment all my life and should have been destroying women's careers nonstop. #metoo