Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Assassination changes 6-1-2018

Rogue
    Assassination
    Mutilate damage increased by 20%.
    Balanced Blades (Artifact trait) bonus increased to 4% per point (was 2% per point).
    Poison Knives (Artifact trait) reduced to 3% per point (was 4% per point).
    Deadly Poison triggered instant damage increased by 15%.

So far, I really like what I see. Doesn't even look like AoE got nerfed that much (if at all) with the DP instant damage increase. However, this will suck for those who picked up three poison knives relics for this build....

Still sad to see that blizz has done nothing with sub t21....
    Last edited by Varolyn; 2018-01-05 at 11:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    These are great changes. Honestly, balance druids got a pretty big hit, from 25% to 6% per stack, I don't exactly know how that doesn't affect overall performance, even with the solar/lunar buffs.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2018-01-05 at 11:33 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Mind posting where you got the changes from? I cant find the source.

"How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Has anyone theorycrafted out the values of the new Balanced Blades yet? Doubling the % bonus would make me think that the optimal build focuses on Balanced Blades and Master Alchemist now.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyDMG View Post
    Rogue
    Assassination
    Mutilate damage increased by 20%.
    Balanced Blades (Artifact trait) bonus increased to 4% per point (was 2% per point).
    Poison Knives (Artifact trait) reduced to 3% per point (was 4% per point).
    Deadly Poison triggered instant damage increased by 15%.
    You mean on Jan 9th, right?

I haven't seen those Assassination buffs listed above anywhere. But I did see this

Rogue
    Assassination
    Fixed an issue where Poisoned Knife could apply poisons twice.
    Fixed an issue where Deadly Poison could retain Nightstalker's damage bonus until Deadly Poison fell off the target.

Fun while it lasted..........
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    I haven't seen those Assassination buffs listed above anywhere. But I did see this

Rogue
    Assassination
    Fixed an issue where Poisoned Knife could apply poisons twice.
    Fixed an issue where Deadly Poison could retain Nightstalker's damage bonus until Deadly Poison fell off the target.

Fun while it lasted..........
    That hotfix happened three days ago (was a stealth change), and Hablion above linked the blue post about the changes coming on Tuesday.

R.I.P. anyone that ditched good relics and funneled into PK Relics lol

PK will probably still be decent to have, just not "Fok-replacing-mutilate" decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluren View Post
    PK will probably still be decent to have, just not "Fok-replacing-mutilate" decent.
    Relic traits that are now useless on single target? That people downgraded relics for? lol okay

Didn't affect me so I don't care. Just funny.

I'll be over here pumping DPS as a mastery capped Outlawl

Since 1 relic was enough to use the fok build, i think not many will have a problem using the itemrestoration and get a good relict back.
    It also looks like that mutilate +crit relics will be very good.
    Dying could endanger your health!

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like i can go mut now without having to worry about dfa scariness. Stilk need the bracers though.

how much of a dps increase is these changes going to be for sin?

8% increased chance to crit with mut, 20% more dmg, and DP instant +15%? i think thats pretty healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluren View Post
    They are not. Even with 7 PK traits, Mutilate is stronger on single target. The good news is that the DPS loss for those with PK relics is minor, so they won't be completely screwed next Tuesday. People can migrate over to Mutilate with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    how much of a dps increase is these changes going to be for sin?

8% increased chance to crit with mut, 20% more dmg, and DP instant +15%? i think thats pretty healthy.
    About 5% raw damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    They are not. Even with 7 PK traits, Mutilate is stronger on single target. The good news is that the DPS loss for those with PK relics is minor, so they won't be completely screwed next Tuesday. People can migrate over to Mutilate with no problem.

About 5% raw damage increase.
    that isn't bad at all, and about time imho.

Wasn't it obvious that they're going to change FOK? I can't believe that someone already changed their relic with FoK relics without back-ups.

That mutilate is a simple buff for me, I couldn't get used to FOK(and I didn't change my relics), but I was still doing decent DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Wasn't it obvious that they're going to change FOK? I can't believe that someone already changed their relic with FoK relics without back-ups.

That mutilate is a simple buff for me, I couldn't get used to FOK(and I didn't change my relics), but I was still doing decent DPS.
    i changed 2 of mine, but theyt were both Master alch primary traits, the ones replaced were poop secondary traits anyways, so a small loss on tuesday, maybe.

i swapped in another backup to help mitigate the nerf, should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Exactly, I'm not saying fok was going to be stronger than mut, just that it's not a huge dps loss.