Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Boots can be useful in mythic+ if you're trying to min/max. I would swap to them for bosses when IFE wouldn't generate a 2nd incarn in time because the boss dies too fast.

I just use SotA in the case, and a lot of dungeon boss fights have incidental AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Boots can be useful in mythic+ if you're trying to min/max. I would swap to them for bosses when IFE wouldn't generate a 2nd incarn in time because the boss dies too fast.
    Plus the extra emergency heal is never a bad thing. TBH I love PoE for the heal moreso than the 8% damage boost. Having an emergency CD that heals 50% of your HP (100% if it crits) is just fucking awesome.

If your guildmates ever tell you to use Prydaz on M Prog, you can opt for PoE instead. You'll take more damage overall, but you get to pick when you take the damage and when you don't (or rather heal it back). Plus, well, 8% filler damage is likely to outDPS Prydaz's decent stat boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I just use SotA in the case, and a lot of dungeon boss fights have incidental AoE.
    Just make sure you don't put on/take off SOTA during a dungeon as you can't change talents! I learned that once the hard way... >_>
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Just make sure you don't put on/take off SOTA during a dungeon as you can't change talents! I learned that once the hard way... >_>
    I think that only causes issues if you spec into the same talent that the ring gives you, but then there's no reason to equip SOTA in the first place outside of a mistake. My druid doesn't run into this issue since I always spec incarn for 5 mans. Use SOTA for trash and some other legendary for single target bosses. You gain/lose a talent you aren't usually speced into (since main spec is put into incarn).

10+ Year Old Account
    EU server here. Just tested W and W and damage is unchanged, it still stacks to 125% or is it that the tooltip isnt changed?

Edit: Just tested it on a dummy - the damage increase of the direct hit is still 125%...
    Last edited by AngelovV; 2018-01-10 at 07:57 PM.

I think that only causes issues if you spec into the same talent that the ring gives you, but then there's no reason to equip SOTA in the first place outside of a mistake. My druid doesn't run into this issue since I always spec incarn for 5 mans. Use SOTA for trash and some other legendary for single target bosses. You gain/lose a talent you aren't usually speced into (since main spec is put into incarn).
    This is true; if you're specced into INC you're fine, but if you're specced into SOTF (which I almost always am anyway), it fucks you pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    EU server here. Just tested W and W and damage is unchanged, it still stacks to 125% or is it that the tooltip isnt changed?
    Tooltips don't change in Hotfixes. W&W said "Moonfire Damage increased by 5%" for months when the patch first hit live, then they buffed it to 25% per stack and added Sunfire to the effect as well. Tooltip still said 5% MF only.

It's definitely live; last night my Moonfires were hitting like noodles compared to Monday's raid.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So I ran some tests today on live after reviewing some sample logs from yesterday since mathematically Wrath spamming should win but wasn't. Finally achieved the result of Wrath spamming always winning over Moonfire spamming, and it appears to be a bug about LatC not activating its bonus properly occasionally when you change specs and/or talents (Moonfire damage for most of the Wrath spamming tests were not getting buffed by 20% when wearing LatC). Not sure if this has been a long-standing issue, but it seems similar to when you use the shoulders as Guardian and the LatC bonus won't activate unless you switch forms and/or equip the legendary a second time. Add it to the bug where Guardian swipe is replaced with kitty Swipe in bear form occasionally, I guess.

Tooltip is changed on US, says 30% for me

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    So I ran some tests today on live after reviewing some sample logs from yesterday since mathematically Wrath spamming should win but wasn't. Finally achieved the result of Wrath spamming always winning over Moonfire spamming, and it appears to be a bug about LatC not activating its bonus properly occasionally when you change specs and/or talents (Moonfire damage for most of the Wrath spamming tests were not getting buffed by 20% when wearing LatC). Not sure if this has been a long-standing issue, but it seems similar to when you use the shoulders as Guardian and the LatC bonus won't activate unless you switch forms and/or equip the legendary a second time. Add it to the bug where Guardian swipe is replaced with kitty Swipe in bear form occasionally, I guess.
    LATC has had a very long-standing bug with not spreading to a second target, usually when you pull mobs with it that are all out of combat, one at a time, with Moonfire. It has something to do with being out of combat that is causing the problem (which is funny considering Starfall has absolutely no problem whatsoever pulling mobs through walls, floors, and other shit). It even doesn't spread to bats on Mythic AHC because they're technically not in combat (even after struck).

Some of this stuff might also explain the weird Wild Charge bug (where it thinks you're in Cat Form despite not being in Cat Form and doesn't work) as well. Druid's just an extremely buggy class due to the extra forms ("stances") it gets and Blizzard is just a total spaghetti coder

LATC has had a very long-standing bug with not spreading to a second target, usually when you pull mobs with it that are all out of combat, one at a time, with Moonfire. It has something to do with being out of combat that is causing the problem (which is funny considering Starfall has absolutely no problem whatsoever pulling mobs through walls, floors, and other shit). It even doesn't spread to bats on Mythic AHC because they're technically not in combat (even after struck).

Some of this stuff might also explain the weird Wild Charge bug (where it thinks you're in Cat Form despite not being in Cat Form and doesn't work) as well. Druid's just an extremely buggy class due to the extra forms ("stances") it gets and Blizzard is just a total spaghetti coder
    That isn't a bug, it's intended. LATC will only hit 2 targets if they are both in combat with you. When LATC was first introduced it was constantly pulling unintended trash packs because this requirement wasn't there. People complained and Blizzard returned with this "fix" to the behavior instead.

That isn't a bug, it's intended. LATC will only hit 2 targets if they are both in combat with you. When LATC was first introduced it was constantly pulling unintended trash packs because this requirement wasn't there. People complained and Blizzard returned with this "fix" to the behavior instead.
    I haven't tried this for a few weeks, but it always pulled the 2nd boss in Arcway if you used moonfire in the middle pack. (2nd boss on the right side) If they fixed those kinds of issues that would be rly nice. The fact that it doesnt trigger on the bats on High command is annoying tho.

Well I can tell you I got the legendary early on and it was almost unusable in 5 mans because it would wipe the group in mythic+ constantly by pulling extra packs. The current implementation is a good one with regards to 5 man dungeons. I can not explain the behavior you're seeing in Arcway.

I wish there was a toggle on Lady and the Child where you can choose it to be "weapons free" (that is, the second moonfire will target anything, regardless of it being in combat or not), or not (the second moonfire only targets things in combat with the druid). I remember not using the glyph that made old starfall safe to use in CM WoD runs, which meant I had to position myself in particular spots to use it and not pull half the dungeon with it -- I started getting really good at doing that, so I never bothered using the "safe" starfall.

...as it is right now, though, LatC's second moonfire is horrendously buggy. LatC's moonfire, for the most part, doesn't target things that aren't in combat at all, which is fine. BUT, it does target enemies that are in combat, even if they're not in combat with the druid (i.e. the infighting mobs in front of Corstilax), and it also targets bosses (i.e. Corstilax, Harjatan...) regardless of whether or not said boss is in combat.

(LatC and Galactic Guardian don't play very well either, but that's an issue for another topic.)

On the topic at hand: I personally haven't noticed much of a difference, if anything, my damage went up slightly thanks to the buff to SW/LS, but I think that's more because I'm a bad player and using suboptimal talents tailored to me being lazy with applying new moonfires/sunfires.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2018-01-11 at 06:20 PM.

No it will continue to not hit 2 targets even after they're in combat with you was what I was saying.

Also this "fix" is what makes it extremely buggy and not work in some circumstances, case in point, the fucking bats.

Idk there should be some compromise between pulling shit and actually working.

I thought moonfire spam build was fun (aoe fights, m+, wqs, etc) and kind of brought back the fun of mobile moonkin aoe after getting rid of non-targeted starfall. Pretty peeved about this.

No it will continue to not hit 2 targets even after they're in combat with you was what I was saying.

Also this "fix" is what makes it extremely buggy and not work in some circumstances, case in point, the fucking bats.

Idk there should be some compromise between pulling shit and actually working.
    This happens in raids sometimes but I've never encountered LatC not hitting a second target in open world or M+ if they're in combat with you ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    This happens in raids sometimes but I've never encountered LatC not hitting a second target in open world or M+ if they're in combat with you ever.
    It definitely still happens, almost always happens if you pull stuff (while out of combat) with Moonfire, at least it definitely used to, which is why I typically pull with Sunfire now when gathering a ton of mobs (as awkward as that sounds).

It definitely still happens, almost always happens if you pull stuff (while out of combat) with Moonfire, at least it definitely used to, which is why I typically pull with Sunfire now when gathering a ton of mobs (as awkward as that sounds).
    That is not a bug. They are not in combat with you if you are out of combat. They will not be hit by a second Moonfire if they are not in combat with you.