Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I daresay it was a problem. Getting good or shitty RNG on your weapon drop could dramatically affect your DPS. I remember playing Fury in HFC and being kinda shit overall, until I won a Mythic weapon off Fel Lord and bonused another, then I shot way up in DPS. On the other hand, our two Rogues had to wait literally 5 months into Mythic before both had Mythic daggers. Let's not talk about these poor, lonely and useless hunter weapons.

Relics provide a more staggered power increase, so that RNG is mitigated; it usually won't be so bad that all of your relics are awful or balls-out amazing. Weapons are an all or nothing deal.

And Titanforging will make the issue even worse. Imagine lucking out a max level TF weapon early in the tier while others have to stick with Normal or Heroic weapons?
    Luckly i play windwalker where weapon ilvl barly matter

I'd love to see them keep the combo weapons. If you use a shield then the weapon drop will be a matched set. DWers get 2 dagger/sword/fist/whatever you use. Casters get off hand and dagger/sword. I don't think it would be game breaking and would be a QoL improvement.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    Weapons/off hands need to drop in sets, period. Artifacts have proven that blizzard now knows how to make this happen.
    I would absolutely be fine with this. I'm hating the idea of having to get different drops. I wish they'd just copy the Quel'Dalar format
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

it's never been an issue in the past. What's the problem with some people needing 1 two handed sword while others use 2 swords instead?

People are so focused on every class being the fucking same they don't even want drops to be different. You know while we are at it why dont we just remove armor types, remove stats, and just make gear a number so everyone needs the exact same thing and nobody has to wait till the last boss to get their BiS!

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    it's never been an issue in the past. What's the problem with some people needing 1 two handed sword while others use 2 swords instead?

People are so focused on every class being the fucking same they don't even want drops to be different. You know while we are at it why dont we just remove armor types, remove stats, and just make gear a number so everyone needs the exact same thing and nobody has to wait till the last boss to get their BiS!
    Yeah, lol. Couple of expansions from now items will just be:

Item Name
    Item Level: XXX

Nothing else. Ilvl is everything. That's where we're heading!

Wouldn't surprise me if they make where you essentially only have one weapon slot. A shield drops and they automatically get a mainhand to go with it. Same with fury/rogues/frostdk, get one weapon it just copies it for your offhand. Not saying I want this it just would make sense based off how the artifacts work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No. Just no. Getting a new weapon has always been a good feeling. Relics trashed that completly. Don't let them fuck it up again
    Don't mistake weapons dropping as sets with a relic system
    the relics are gone, noone is disputing that, what we dont want is having to farm a rediculous amount of weapons, rather than having 1 drop per spec, all that amounts to is that weapons that require pairs to function, i.e 1h dual wield, would be one item drop that splits into two upon equipping, much like your artifacts do now. the ilvl and stats assigned to that weapon are determined by what item it is, it wouldnt require relics

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they make where you essentially only have one weapon slot. A shield drops and they automatically get a mainhand to go with it. Same with fury/rogues/frostdk, get one weapon it just copies it for your offhand. Not saying I want this it just would make sense based off how the artifacts work.
    this is what i expected, but there is no word on how it will work, or if blizzard are relaxing the equip weapon types for each spec

Please make sets.

I always hated going into a new raid tier and getting an offhand when you had a staff before, and then you have to wait ages until either the new staff drops or a respective one hand drops.

lol at people saying this wasn't a problem before. Having played dual handed spec for the most part of my hard core gamer life (now over thankfully!) It was always awful to see a weapon drop and then having to wait for another one to be able to finally compete with the specs that only needed a single 2h weapon.

Most games since WoW have understood that and now offers a one slot type of weapons (much like the artefacts) and in my opinion, this is how it should work in wow from now on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I wouldn't care if they relaxed the transmog rules on fist weapons for once.
    Would be nice and I stopped believing their bullshit reasoning for that weapon type when they allow hunters/plate dps to do so with lots of weapon types. I got all of the WW monk appearances but I haven't bothered with elemental shaman because I know that transmog rules are fucked for that type. Doesn't help that the elemental shaman weapon skins are pretty garbage tier though.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Just no. Getting a new weapon has always been a good feeling. Relics trashed that completly. Don't let them fuck it up again
    No, just no. Having to wait ages for a new offhand weapon has always been a bad feeling. Relics showed how silly that system was. Don't let a 2004 shit tier loot drop system fuck it up again.

Offhands should be automatic sets like how FFXIV does it. WoW has been doing it just fine for the past 1.5 years as well. It always amazes me on how people actually think shittier loot systems are good or something.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-01-07 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    They should definitely drop in sets. I never liked the idea of having to obtain a main hand plus an off-hand, on either my Warrior tank or my Warlock. On a caster it was always an awkward choice as to whether you should or should not spend GP (DKP) on a one-hand if you did not yet have an offhand, or vice versa, especially when you could just get a staff.

I'm just going to be frustrated being a rogue and having two ever-changing 1-handed weapons again to re-equip whenever I'm attacked while fishing.

THE STRUGGLE!

(I mean I guess the perk of reduced aggro range on the legendary pole will carry over and they have the ability to designate a "gear" bag so my off-hand sword won't get thrown in a random bag I guess it won't be so bad now that I think about it...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Just wait to see 3 warglaives drop with no DH in the raid.. it's going to be awesome.

Just because you have no life does not mean that everyone else playing has no life. I realize you cannot see beyond your own myopic view but in reality, this game does not need players like you and it would be best for the game if your type just went away for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    You beat me to it, would be a rather nice quality of life increase and they wouldn't have to put some special system in for druids so they can continue to use their feral daggers as a transmog or guardian fists.
    Indeed. Blizzard has already shown their cards, they can never go backwards at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    Just because you have no life does not mean that everyone else playing has no life. I realize you cannot see beyond your own myopic view but in reality, this game does not need players like you and it would be best for the game if your type just went away for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. Blizzard has already shown their cards, they can never go backwards at this point.
    what the actual fuck. My type going away for good. For wanting weapons to drop separately rather than weapons and offhand/shields in one pack. Only person that needs to dissapear here is you my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Never been a problem in the past, why would it now be a problem just because we spent one expansion with a relic system? Relics are just as annoying imo because you might have to wait til the last few bosses just to see your best relic. You might not even have a good relic in the raid and are forced to do m+.

Ill be happy to see weapon drops again.
    yeah instead you have to wait for last boss to get the weapon with your stats on it now, and if they dont have em you are forced to do m+
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post

Erm, yes it was an issue. Having your weapon slot drop as 2 pieces was objectively worse than having it drop as one piece. It's not a big issue, mind, but I wouldn't be mad if Blizzard made weapons into pairs. Cool slippery slope fallacy, tho, good job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yeah instead you have to wait for last boss to get the weapon with your stats on it now, and if they dont have em you are forced to do m+
    If stats are that important on a weapon over ilvl it wouldn't matter

I'm hoping that they'll have sets as well.

It makes life a lot easier all around, transmog fixes any issues you may have over not liking the looks of your main or off-hand, it makes gearing up DW or MH/OH characters much easier and makes swapping specs much easier.

Like let's say you're a DK, you have been playing Unholy but want to go Frost. Current system is just go out and invest a literal day in WQs for AP and you'll be at rank 72. Old system would be hope you can either snag two 1-handers or convince your guild to give you two of them that are of equal or greater power than your current 2-Hander.

Might as well split the difference and just have a single drop that's a pair of swords/axes/maces/flails/etc.

I can't think of a spec or class this wouldn't help.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hated the new system of locking into one weapon type. As holy paladin, you were only able to use that 2H mace and therefore, only 2H transmog, instead of a shield and 1H; as most mage specs, only staffs, I would have loved to use the sunstrider sword as arcane or frost instead of fire. As a warrior, I liked to dual wield one handers, I got 2handers. Locking the transmog of our characters weapons to one variety per spec was stupid.

The flexibility of differing weapons for each spec was much more appealing, so I am pleased we're going back to that. Hopefully anyway. It felt much more rewarding to get a new weapon, a new look from bosses even if it wasn't BiS, it still might tide you over until you got it. Relics made it so you needed 3 items to drop instead of 1 or 2, prolonging the time until you felt "complete". You never saw a change to your weapon, only your healing or damage which isn't so obvious or rewarding.
    Last edited by Valandale; 2018-01-11 at 01:28 AM.