High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Help with an arena/talent macro with modifiers

Hey guys.
    I change talents quite often, and because of that I'm looking for a way to combine two macros:
    First one which allows me to hold down shift, ctrl or alt to cast a spell on either arena 1, 2 or 3:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,@arena1][mod:ctrl,@arena2][mod:alt,@arena3][@target,nomod,help][] SPELLNAME
    And the second one which is 1 button for an entire talent row as shown with the lvl 75 talent row for hunters:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:5/1] Sticky Bomb; [talent:5/2] Ranger's Net; [talent:5/3] Camouflage
    What I have done now with spells is to make many copies of the first macro with many different spells and then manually put them down on my bars everytime I change talents. Quite annoying. Is it at all possible to merge them into one? I found if I put all of the "mod:X,@arenaY" infront of the macro text, it only works if I have the first talent picked and not the others.
    I found another way to do it like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pvptalent:4/1,@arena1,harm] Viper Sting; [pvptalent:4/2,@arena1,harm] Scorpid Sting; [pvptalent:4/3,@arena1,harm] Spider Sting;
    which is 1 button that always fires the talent in that row I have chosen on arena1. This works okay-ish, but with the large downside that I only have 60 bar slots and need 3 slots for every ability.

So in short:
    Is it possible to make a macro that fires the currenly chosen talent in x-row on arena 1, 2 or 3 depending on which modifier I hold down, and once I change to a different talent in the same row - fire that talent on the same targets?

The full combined macro is too long so you'll need an addon that increases the length limit for macros.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pvptalent:4/1,@arena1,mod:shift,harm][pvptalent:4/1,@arena2,mod:ctrl,harm][pvptalent:4/1,@arena3,mod:alt,harm][pvptalent:4/1] Viper Sting; [pvptalent:4/2,@arena1,mod:shift,harm][pvptalent:4/2,@arena2,mod:ctrl,harm][pvptalent:4/2,@arena3,mod:alt,harm][pvptalent:4/2] Scorpid Sting; [pvptalent:4/3,@arena1,mod:shift,harm][pvptalent:4/3,@arena2,mod:ctrl,harm][pvptalent:4/3,@arena3,mod:alt,harm][pvptalent:4/3] Spider Sting
    Or if you don't use a focus target for anything else you could use this one

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /focus [mod:shift,@arena1,harm][mod:ctrl,@arena2,harm][mod:alt,@arena3,harm][]
    /cast [pvptalent:4/1,@focus] Viper Sting; [pvptalent:4/2,@focus] Scorpid Sting; [pvptalent:4/3,@focus] Spider Sting
    /clearfocus

Or if you don't mind briefly changing targets you could use this one
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target [mod:shift,@arena1,harm][mod:ctrl,@arena2,harm][mod:alt,@arena3,harm][]
    /cast [pvptalent:4/1] Viper Sting; [pvptalent:4/2] Scorpid Sting; [pvptalent:4/3] Spider Sting
    /targetlasttarget

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    The full combined macro is too long so you'll need an addon that increases the length limit for macros.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pvptalent:4/1,@arena1,mod:shift,harm][pvptalent:4/1,@arena2,mod:ctrl,harm][pvptalent:4/1,@arena3,mod:alt,harm][pvptalent:4/1] Viper Sting; [pvptalent:4/2,@arena1,mod:shift,harm][pvptalent:4/2,@arena2,mod:ctrl,harm][pvptalent:4/2,@arena3,mod:alt,harm][pvptalent:4/2] Scorpid Sting; [pvptalent:4/3,@arena1,mod:shift,harm][pvptalent:4/3,@arena2,mod:ctrl,harm][pvptalent:4/3,@arena3,mod:alt,harm][pvptalent:4/3] Spider Sting
    Or if you don't use a focus target for anything else you could use this one

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /focus [mod:shift,@arena1,harm][mod:ctrl,@arena2,harm][mod:alt,@arena3,harm][]
    /cast [pvptalent:4/1,@focus] Viper Sting; [pvptalent:4/2,@focus] Scorpid Sting; [pvptalent:4/3,@focus] Spider Sting
    /clearfocus

Or if you don't mind briefly changing targets you could use this one
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target [mod:shift,@arena1,harm][mod:ctrl,@arena2,harm][mod:alt,@arena3,harm][]
    /cast [pvptalent:4/1] Viper Sting; [pvptalent:4/2] Scorpid Sting; [pvptalent:4/3] Spider Sting
    /targetlasttarget
    Hey, thanks for replying. I've tried out the last one now and it seems it sometimes wont change back to my original target.
    What kind of addon is needed to increase the character limit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    Hey, thanks for replying. I've tried out the last one now and it seems it sometimes wont change back to my original target.
    What kind of addon is needed to increase the character limit?
    Macro Toolkit should work to increase character limit