Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well looks like with these changes Mercy's pick and win rates have gone off a cliff and under a bus. "Successful rework" my ass.
    There's a bunch of people throwing as some weird form of protesting against these nerfs, I've had like 3 of them already.

    Granted she's pretty shit right now but my opinion on it hasn't changed and I'm glad she's the least picked healer.

  2. #82
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    There's a bunch of people throwing as some weird form of protesting against these nerfs, I've had like 3 of them already.

    Granted she's pretty shit right now but my opinion on it hasn't changed and I'm glad she's the least picked healer.
    Why though? I don't get this irrational hatred for her, where it stems from?

  3. #83
    Coming up with alternatives is quite fun, though I'd quite like them to keep her similar to how she is, as I find the rez unique.

    If they had to change it, my idea would be:

    Guardian Angel (totally stolen from WoW)
    Press E whilst healing someone, and if that person hits 0 between the time you pressed the button and, say 5 seconds, they're saved and after a brief stun (0.5s) brought back to full health. They glow brightly to indicate to the enemy they will do this, so the enemy can try and hold off killing you, or be punished for not doing so and trigger the action.

    I also think Mercy should be allowed to overheal by 25% during her ult, to make up for it not being as awesome, which forms a shield if the player being healed is full health, which slowly fades if Mercy changes target or the ult finishes, whichever comes first.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why though? I don't get this irrational hatred for her, where it stems from?
    It's a combination of things that have gone on with this hero over time that makes a lot of people really dislike her, even though it's not entirely fair.

  5. #85
    Total Mayhem today. Was surprised when I used Valk that my rez had a cast time, no extra charge and that I was slower...She doesn't feel the same anymore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : S;G (movie).
    Todo list : , S;G0, New Game, Erased.

  6. #86
    The problem with this rework, and the fundamental flaw with it from the start, is that in order to balance it properly they've had to consistently weaken Mercy's identity and playstyle more and more with each successive iteration. They might've finally gotten her to a better spot balance-wise, but her gameplay is a stilted, diluted, cumbersome mess compared to the character we had before. This whole thing has probably been the worst design trainwreck Overwatch has ever seen, creating far worse problems than it attempted to solve in the first place.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why though? I don't get this irrational hatred for her, where it stems from?
    Ress

    10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Ress

    10char
    Rez has been in the game from the start, yet the only hate she started getting was with the rework.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Rez has been in the game from the start, yet the only hate she started getting was with the rework.
    This isn't entirely honest , the hate got far worse with the rework, but it was always there, I don't think a single hero has been hated more than Mercy during the period where she would climb crazy fast with big resurrections, but it was mostly limited to higher MMR brackets back then, I don't know why it trickled down to the lower ones because they should be happy people have an incredibly broken support to always pick.

    A lot of my distaste for the hero comes from that time period too, getting multiple Mercy one tricks on the same team was just incredibly obnoxious and they somehow always had snobby personalities, but that's very anecdotal.

  10. #90
    At least they balanced junkrat! Oh wait!
    "All that said, the fiery partisan passion that wells up in my heart watching this, it's a Herculean task trying to tamp it down"-Dacien

    Never forget that Trump supporters feel "fiery partisan passion" when an accused rapist is being forced onto the Supreme court. Deplorable to the end.

  11. #91
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This isn't entirely honest , the hate got far worse with the rework, but it was always there, I don't think a single hero has been hated more than Mercy during the period where she would climb crazy fast with big resurrections, but it was mostly limited to higher MMR brackets back then, I don't know why it trickled down to the lower ones because they should be happy people have an incredibly broken support to always pick.

    A lot of my distaste for the hero comes from that time period too, getting multiple Mercy one tricks on the same team was just incredibly obnoxious and they somehow always had snobby personalities, but that's very anecdotal.
    That was Season 6 when they added the invulnerability. Neither of those things were the players' fault, they were bad design decisions because the developers liked those clutch resses.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That was Season 6 when they added the invulnerability. Neither of those things were the players' fault, they were bad design decisions because the developers liked those clutch resses.
    Well yeah, that + the sheer amount of one tricks has soured my opinion on the hero basically forever, they'd have to drastically change her AGAIN for that to change for me and I'd rather have them not risk that at all and just keep her shit.

    If I'm being 100% honest I don't think she ever should be viable because her being good heavily promotes one tricking.

  13. #93
    I would be so happy if they ground up'd Mercy into a DPS, would be hilarious.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why though? I don't get this irrational hatred for her, where it stems from?
    Combination of being considered easy to play (and let's face it, she's really not that complicated), being the best healer by a wide margin for months causing ye olde tall poppy syndrome, being omnipresent as a consequence of this, and rez just being a shit mechanic that should never, ever have been implemented to begin with. So when Blizzard made her rez more frequent so she could deny picks and good plays more often, few people but Mercy mains appreciated.

    As it now, Valk has been crushed under the triple nerfbat. No longer granting instant rez, no extra rez charge, shorter duration. In a way it was just necessary because the entire metagame revolved around Valkyrie, but the nerf hits so hard that it's basically a worse Zenyatta ult now. Trying to rez during Valk is a death sentence against half decent players.

  15. #95
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,331
    So new Valkyrie is basically spectator mode. Yeah. Exciting.

  16. #96

  17. #97
    Dreadlord Enfilade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So new Valkyrie is basically spectator mode. Yeah. Exciting.
    Spectator mode that provides a fuck ton of AoE healing or damage boosting. Essentially a mobile Supercharger of the latter.

  18. #98
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Spectator mode that provides a fuck ton of AoE healing or damage boosting. Essentially a mobile Supercharger of the latter.
    It's not really a fuck ton, it's not enough to outheal focus fire on someone, same as her normal healing. Boosting is the best benefit, but basically cancelled by forcing her to heal.

    Mobility isn't actually that much use, the longer chains just allow you to hide more.

  19. #99
    Dreadlord Enfilade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's not really a fuck ton, it's not enough to outheal focus fire on someone, same as her normal healing. Boosting is the best benefit, but basically cancelled by forcing her to heal.

    Mobility isn't actually that much use, the longer chains just allow you to hide more.
    How? It's still the strongest Support ultimate in the game. It just lasts 5 seconds less, now. Talking about the healing portion, not the resurrection part.

  20. #100
    I LIke where mercy is now, a smart mercy will get rez off by using their head, standing behind a wall where the enemy can’t see or behind a shield, coupled with a smart orisa who knows to throw a shield in front of a dead team mate to give her time and it goes off without a hitch. It is also satisfying to smoke her while she tries.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •