Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well looks like with these changes Mercy's pick and win rates have gone off a cliff and under a bus. "Successful rework" my ass.
    There's a bunch of people throwing as some weird form of protesting against these nerfs, I've had like 3 of them already.

Granted she's pretty shit right now but my opinion on it hasn't changed and I'm glad she's the least picked healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    There's a bunch of people throwing as some weird form of protesting against these nerfs, I've had like 3 of them already.

Granted she's pretty shit right now but my opinion on it hasn't changed and I'm glad she's the least picked healer.
    Why though? I don't get this irrational hatred for her, where it stems from?

Coming up with alternatives is quite fun, though I'd quite like them to keep her similar to how she is, as I find the rez unique.

If they had to change it, my idea would be:

Guardian Angel (totally stolen from WoW)
    Press E whilst healing someone, and if that person hits 0 between the time you pressed the button and, say 5 seconds, they're saved and after a brief stun (0.5s) brought back to full health. They glow brightly to indicate to the enemy they will do this, so the enemy can try and hold off killing you, or be punished for not doing so and trigger the action.

I also think Mercy should be allowed to overheal by 25% during her ult, to make up for it not being as awesome, which forms a shield if the player being healed is full health, which slowly fades if Mercy changes target or the ult finishes, whichever comes first.

It's a combination of things that have gone on with this hero over time that makes a lot of people really dislike her, even though it's not entirely fair.

Total Mayhem today. Was surprised when I used Valk that my rez had a cast time, no extra charge and that I was slower...She doesn't feel the same anymore.
    luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuube !~

The problem with this rework, and the fundamental flaw with it from the start, is that in order to balance it properly they've had to consistently weaken Mercy's identity and playstyle more and more with each successive iteration. They might've finally gotten her to a better spot balance-wise, but her gameplay is a stilted, diluted, cumbersome mess compared to the character we had before. This whole thing has probably been the worst design trainwreck Overwatch has ever seen, creating far worse problems than it attempted to solve in the first place.

Ress

10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Ress

10char
    Rez has been in the game from the start, yet the only hate she started getting was with the rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Rez has been in the game from the start, yet the only hate she started getting was with the rework.
    This isn't entirely honest , the hate got far worse with the rework, but it was always there, I don't think a single hero has been hated more than Mercy during the period where she would climb crazy fast with big resurrections, but it was mostly limited to higher MMR brackets back then, I don't know why it trickled down to the lower ones because they should be happy people have an incredibly broken support to always pick.

A lot of my distaste for the hero comes from that time period too, getting multiple Mercy one tricks on the same team was just incredibly obnoxious and they somehow always had snobby personalities, but that's very anecdotal.

At least they balanced junkrat! Oh wait!
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This isn't entirely honest , the hate got far worse with the rework, but it was always there, I don't think a single hero has been hated more than Mercy during the period where she would climb crazy fast with big resurrections, but it was mostly limited to higher MMR brackets back then, I don't know why it trickled down to the lower ones because they should be happy people have an incredibly broken support to always pick.

A lot of my distaste for the hero comes from that time period too, getting multiple Mercy one tricks on the same team was just incredibly obnoxious and they somehow always had snobby personalities, but that's very anecdotal.
    That was Season 6 when they added the invulnerability. Neither of those things were the players' fault, they were bad design decisions because the developers liked those clutch resses.

That was Season 6 when they added the invulnerability. Neither of those things were the players' fault, they were bad design decisions because the developers liked those clutch resses.
    Well yeah, that + the sheer amount of one tricks has soured my opinion on the hero basically forever, they'd have to drastically change her AGAIN for that to change for me and I'd rather have them not risk that at all and just keep her shit.

If I'm being 100% honest I don't think she ever should be viable because her being good heavily promotes one tricking.

I would be so happy if they ground up'd Mercy into a DPS, would be hilarious.
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 OST - Sing to Me (Lohse Version)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No Sex Please, We're British.

Combination of being considered easy to play (and let's face it, she's really not that complicated), being the best healer by a wide margin for months causing ye olde tall poppy syndrome, being omnipresent as a consequence of this, and rez just being a shit mechanic that should never, ever have been implemented to begin with. So when Blizzard made her rez more frequent so she could deny picks and good plays more often, few people but Mercy mains appreciated.

As it now, Valk has been crushed under the triple nerfbat. No longer granting instant rez, no extra rez charge, shorter duration. In a way it was just necessary because the entire metagame revolved around Valkyrie, but the nerf hits so hard that it's basically a worse Zenyatta ult now. Trying to rez during Valk is a death sentence against half decent players.

So new Valkyrie is basically spectator mode. Yeah. Exciting.