Page 1 of 3
LastLast

RIFTS class balance dev quits

so it looks like the main class dev "keyens" has quit rift. welcome news to prob alot of players as class balance seemed to not even exist and nothing was getting fixed. (a major mage class bug which has been reported for months which had tanked their top dps finally gets fixed after the guy is gone) makes sense as to how little work was put into the latest paid soul where outside of IA and its pretty worthless.

now its all left to "vladd" who has been working on a revamp on fragments for way more than it should take.

and so class balance that didnt exist before will continue to not exist until there is a replacement if any.

Isn't Rift a dead game?

Not surprised. Class balance has been going down the tubes since NMT.

Now with Keyens gone that's pretty much it for any form of class balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably for the best. Guy was an obnoxious, pompous, patronizing tool.

EDIT: Rift class balance is non existent. It's not a serious PvE / PvP game now. It's for people to make dimensions and collect / buy pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Isn't Rift a dead game?
    It sure seems like it during leveling. You can do adventures while upscaled to level with others so it seems more lively.
    At max level there are probably still some guilds who do raids or other end-game content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It sure seems like it during leveling. You can do adventures while upscaled to level with others so it seems more lively.
    At max level there are probably still some guilds who do raids or other end-game content.
    Levelling is literally spam IA to 50 or 60. That's it.

It's boring to say the least.

65-70 is awful because doing the story alone without XP perks can conk you out at 68-69. And the only decent form of XP then is Dungeons which barely anyone does for SFP.

PvP has essentially been gutted into the ground. Hell even CMs have stated "Rift is not a PvP game and that you should essentially just go play Archeage (a game they publish.... shocker).

Raiding is very niche as well. Last I checked around 15-18 known guilds have stepped in the current raid and not that many have cleared it. It's only 3 bosses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Isn't Rift a dead game?
    If it was dead, it would stop releasing content, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It used to release huge updates mate.

Now it's just really small stuff and the quality of said content is subjective. The recent patch was literally a 3 man raid and a new paid class that has horrible mechanics to it from what I've seen.

I don't really like to say a game is "dead or dying" because to me it's not constructive discussion but Rift isn't faring that well these days. Mainly because the devs decided the nickle and dime route was better than throwing out half decent content.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-30 at 04:38 PM.

It's only mostly dead.

It honestly wasn't sarcasm, I thought they stopped putting out content a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    now its all left to "vladd" who has been working on a revamp on fragments for way more than it should take.
    Wait, they still haven't fixed that RNG nightmare?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice clickbait title but here, go educate yourself on why he "quit"

https://twitter.com/TheRealKeyens/st...79340088975360

I do remember Keyens. Not a friendly fellow at all so it's a double edged sword now for Rift. Partly because the main guy doing class balance is gone so that means balance is going to be close to nonexistent but one of the devs who absolutely patronized players who had legitimate issues with classes if I recall.

Also 4th dev/CM in a row this year I think that's left. Must be something going on internally.

Can't say he will be missed personally. Although are there any devs left on Rift who have a passion for that game anymore?

It's with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Keyens is no longer with Trion. However, don't fret! The RIFT team is packed with talented, hard-working people who will have no problem continuing to make the game a wonderful experience, and we have the utmost faith that they’ll continue to build and grow the RIFT universe in amazing ways

From one of the CMS from the official thread. Forgive my doubt on that entire statement due to the state of the game for at least 2-3 years now.

Best part is a later post says they are still deciding on who to replace him..... Shouldn't you have someone already lined up in this situation or have a temporary dev who is capable of balance until you find one? That sounds like a bit of mismanagement there.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-01 at 02:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Whats the clickbait? He did quit correct? Nor did he mention a reason the person quit.

Deleted

He still quit, so what's the clickbait?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Whats the clickbait? He did quit correct? Nor did he mention a reason the person quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    He still quit, so what's the clickbait?
    It's not a thread started by him, and so it's a negative post shitting all over Rift, the greatest game to ever grace us lowly plebs. That's why it's clickbait title. I think.

So you called someone out but then agreed with their point? Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of people living on a Forum where most of the Threads are clickbait is clearly lost on some people, let's try a little test, which of these titles would have you rushing to click the link:

1: Rift's class balance dev quits

2: Rift's Class balance Dev moves to new job

Now be honest, the first link would have you thinking of drama, rage quits, Company in trouble.

Both would have me clicking, to see why. Both say the same thing.

The irony of people living on a Forum where most of the Threads are clickbait is clearly lost on some people, let's try a little test, which of these titles would have you rushing to click the link:

1: Rift's class balance dev quits

2: Rift's Class balance Dev moves to new job

Now be honest, the first link would have you thinking of drama, rage quits, Company in trouble.
    Both are accurate, both say the same thing. In order for the dev to move to a new job they have to quit their job first.

I know you feel the compulsion to run damage control for Trion here but the damaging thing here for the company isn't the fact he left but the fact he hasn't been replaced.

Unrelated to Slipmat here, where the hell is Trion's replacement? I doubt that Keyens just left, he most likely put in a notice so they knew this was coming. They just decided they didn't need a replacement or what?
    Last edited by Selah; 2017-12-02 at 03:58 PM.