How to do good healing as paladin?

Hey

It feels like i don't have enough AoE healing to keep up with druid, shaman, monk, priest.. so i'm just wondering, what can i do to make as much healing as they do? I'm always bottom on meter and i don't know how to increase it.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Judgment of Light constantly, good use of Aura Mastery (mercy or sac), Light's Hammer, Beacon of the Lightbringer. That's how I increased my healing output, I felt like I was doing something wrong

Check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/holypalaswe
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2018-01-07 at 04:52 PM.

This, and I would add it also depends on your legendary combo. At this point, you should pretty much have everything available, so try finding something that suits your playstyle: i.e I found myself struggling mana-wise or on the output with some combos and finally found something I'm enjoying and that produces nice results.
    Talents-wise, it also depends on the content you're doing, some can be good for m+, some for raiding, but once more, don't stick to a guide and try finding your own playstyle (even though there are ofc talents that are better than others).

Deleted
    Join the Paladin discord community (https://discord.gg/7sBsGm) and either check out the Holy FAQ or ask your question in the Holy channel directly. Link some logs so we can analyze them, without those it's impossible to say what you can improve on.

Don't expect to be a beast at either stacked or spread aoe healing like Shamans or Druids, that's not our niche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Judgment of Light constantly, good use of Aura Mastery (mercy or sac), Light's Hammer, Beacon of the Lightbringer. That's how I increased my healing output, I felt like I was doing something wrong

Check out this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/holypalaswe
    Mercy is lackluster except for maybe Eonar, Light's Hammer is likely the worst of the 3 talents on the top row (though still decent), Lightbringer is extremely niche and Faith is a far better option this tier on the majority of fights.

AoE shouldn't be a huge worry, beacons should do alot of work. If you do have some logs and armoury link it could be nice to have something to look at. Paladins are not brought for AoE capabilities
    Last edited by Alextros; 2018-01-08 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Join the Paladin discord community (https://discord.gg/7sBsGm) and either check out the Holy FAQ or ask your question in the Holy channel directly. Link some logs so we can analyze them, without those it's impossible to say what you can improve on.

Don't expect to be a beast at either stacked or spread aoe healing like Shamans or Druids, that's not our niche.

- - - Updated - - -

Mercy is lackluster except for maybe Eonar, Light's Hammer is likely the worst of the 3 talents on the top row (though still decent), Lightbringer is extremely niche and Faith is a far better option this tier on the majority of fights.
    If by 'niche' you mean the best choice for raid healing, then I agree completely Light's hammer is not amazing, but the dude asked for more AoE healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    If by 'niche' you mean the best choice for raid healing, then I agree completely Light's hammer is not amazing, but the dude asked for more AoE healing.
    Rerolling to a raid healer is the best option to do more raid healing. Hammer is only worth it if a lot of people are stacked, and even then I prefer CM for LoD cd reduction.

Deleted
    Not long been playing HPall taken awhile to get used to his style of play vs my main MW monk. You can do decent AOE but its not its strong point i use the cloak so i go dawn, martyr, shock, normally get a proc so flash heal. Also i choose the talent that gives as chance of a free proc you can get lucky and have a couple in a row for multiple dawns

7+ Year Old Account
    Like others mentioned, AOE is not our strongsuit outside of Aura of Sacrifice. One thing you can do to improve instantly is be aggressive with your healstyle. Mana is usually a non-issue for us so you can afford to be more reactive, something that goes hand in hand with Holy Paladin.

Next is your positioning. People often forget the mastery. This passive offers extra healing depending on how close you are to your target/meleegroup. Ranged tends to be spread while melee are close and in convenient range of your Light of Dawn.

Your legendaries determine your additional strengths you can bring to your raid so feel free to experiment which to choose while keeping your bonusset(s) in mind. Play to it's strength and know when incoming damage is coming so you're prepared (know what is ready to use and how to use them).

One final bit of advice I can give you is to use certain spells on cooldown like Judgment of Light and Holy Shock. Don't cast Light of Dawn just for the sake of it, use it when you need it.

Holy shock on cooldown, and prioritize crit HEAVILY. If you're optimally geared, then every 6 second holy shock should get you a buffed flash of light which heals for 150% more. You then supplement with things like lights hammer/bestow faith and light of dawn (sitting with the melee). When you get good, you'll be doing two things which will net you very good healing:

1) Timing a bosses AOE damage to hit light of dawn right after, preferably while buffed by something like crusade, tyr, etc
    2) Completely underrated... Crusaders might... With judgment of the light you're getting AOE healing naturally, followed by powerful crusader strikes which are reducing your LoD and Holy Shock (because of Crusaders might)... your two most important, frequently used abilities. So you can judgment > Holy shock > FoL > LoD > CS > CS > back to Holy shock, etc etc. So much burst healing.

Other healing specs are going to beat you when it comes to proactive healing. But you are the king of reactive/burst healing. You take advantage of this by using your holy shocks wisely to prevent people from meeting their demise, and timing your burst right after a boss does his big attack, which comes with practice.

Lots of healers just spam their AOE and keep people topped in the 90-100% health range. While that looks great on the meters because you have no chance to react, your burst heals used wisely will have a bigger impact. Everyone has a role.
    Last edited by RussW210; 2018-01-11 at 06:09 PM.

A lot of it is going to come down to good buff and cd management, and you will just have to accept that some fights you will do better than others and some specs will just heal more than you since holy paladins are't really aoe healers I feel like LoD is more directional than AOE. My numbers are much higher on fights when everyone is stacked and my LoD hits the whole raid instead of just a few members and I pop judgement before hand to boost it's effectiveness.