Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Burn him to 10% before arcane phase. Stand still in spikes until you clear them then move out and grip him back to you.

Last phase is piece of piss. Stay out of bad nuke boss and run when he beams you to spawn adds and kill them > him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually did this on my 5th or 6th try as a frost DK. I don't really know frost DK that well since I just tried the spec for the tower, but I used Prydaz and Sephuz since I didn't have frost legendaries.

For the frost phase, I just saved my AoE for the frost spikes, I killed enough to walk out and then got just enough in range to death grip him to me. Repeated this until the arcane phase. During the arcane phase, I used AMS and wraith walked to Xylem. Dps as much as possible during this phase. Make sure you interrupt him immediately when he starts his channel. Repeat frost and arcane and remember to Deathstrike any time you get low.

For phase 2, take him to the closest edge and slowly kite him. As soon as he starts channeling on you, run to the other side of the platform (wraith walk) and get ready to slow/kill the adds. As soon as they are dead, run back to him and bring him as low as you can. If you are having trouble getting the adds down before they reach him, use a potion on the first one and use drums on the 2nd one. I say to save the drums for the 2nd because you won't have as much room to kite them away. Run back in when they are dead and finish him off.

Sorry for not having a detail of talents, but I seriously had no idea what I was doing as frost. I just knew the fight from doing it as other classes.

Something I learned the hard way, don't walk into the frost spike things, they will one shot you. I couldn't figure it out before but once I did it was easy. I delayed my Remorseless Winter so that it would damage the frost spikes/shards and explode on them. That made it a lot easier to destroy them, and I did use Deathstrike a lot since they count for the buff we get when we kill an enemy.

It was fairly easy, but i did it at a high ilevel of 930. I died the first time on the spikes, and got it down on the second try. Here's what i did:

1. Replace FS and DS 's positions on your bars (this will make your muscle memory hit DS instead of FS, healing you up)
    2. I saved RW for right before the spikes, and then used my Frost Scythe to clear a way.
    3. Death grip Xylem to you right after spikes
    4. Use AMS when he goes invis and kill 1 or 2 adds if you are low on HP. I didn't need more than 1 per.
    5. Save your big cooldowns for last phase, first phase is all about survival
    6. DO NOT interrupt in the second phase. Use wraithwalk to go as far away as possible and Frost Scythe the adds down when they spawn.
    Last edited by ExOsiris; 2018-01-30 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I did it at a 920 ilvl with no relevant legendaries (I had the Blood belt and Soul of the Deathlord for raw stats).

I also never bothered to save Rime for the ice ring, or AMS.

Just talent into Frostscythe, use Remorseless Winter on CD and laugh maniacally.
    This is the exact same tactic I used and being the second to last spec I complete that's avaliable in the Xylem challenge I cant stress the laugh maniacally part enough as this is the only class I could just brute force myself through. Just smacking down the spikes with two frostscythes makes it feel more like skipping the mechanig than having to jump + heroic leap, duoble jump + fel rush etc.

Oh, and I was around 915 at the time when I did this one.

Edit: After spikes, grip Xylem close and interrupt him and move him even closer if you have to. Then you're able to kill off remaining spikes as you need to proc dark succor.

It takes a bit of practice and planning your CDs

For talents I went 3-2-1-3-2-3-1
    Ilvl: ~930 no Tierset

General advice:
    Use AMS when you know you are taking massive magic damage
    Use Deathstrike instead of Froststrike to heal yourself (if you need heal)

Phase 1:
    Save Remorse Winter (your AOE cooldown for the Spikecircle)
    Deathgrip him after
    Interrupt any spell you can/want to

Phase 2 (Mirror Images):
    Kill the Add you span at
    You can range kill the next add using Howling Blast while still standing in the bubble of the last add you killed (worked wonders for me)
    And just make your way fast to the real one

Phase 3:
    Save your interrupt for him channeling on the orb
    Otherwise just deal damage

Phase 2 and 3 will repeat until Xylem is at 10%

Voidlord Phase:
    When Xylem is done and you have the voidlord thing in front of you pull it directly to the edge
    work your way around the room
    save pillar of frost and remorse winter for his add spawns
    (when he channels on you run away -> then when the adds spawn use piller and RW together which will stun the adds)
    kill the adds and repeat until dead

Hey guys so I've been playing for about 3 months now and I love my frost Dk, but I don't if it's just me but getting used to mechanics is one of the hardest things to do. I am ilvl 943 and still can't beat xylem.. I always end up hitting shit that just two shots me I don't understand if lag/graphic cards setting have a role in this but for example I get the first part you don't move untill you clear the spikes then without getting close to the energy lay lines get close enough to death grip him and pull him back for deathstrikes I am just met with alot of enemy is not in range and I take massive damage. Then I have gotten past the first part and in the shadow phase I somehow get killed just trying to get in the circles to kill his multiple forms or some other weird two shot mechanic. It's the same for me in mythic plus I am just asking because it's something I want to get better at but I feel like for some reason is way harder then it should be. I've only been playing since about late Nov but I can't figure out if it's maybe my camera angle or set up what do you guys think? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DreyFrost View Post
    Hey guys so I've been playing for about 3 months now and I love my frost Dk, but I don't if it's just me but getting used to mechanics is one of the hardest things to do. I am ilvl 943 and still can't beat xylem.. I always end up hitting shit that just two shots me I don't understand if lag/graphic cards setting have a role in this but for example I get the first part you don't move untill you clear the spikes then without getting close to the energy lay lines get close enough to death grip him and pull him back for deathstrikes I am just met with alot of enemy is not in range and I take massive damage. Then I have gotten past the first part and in the shadow phase I somehow get killed just trying to get in the circles to kill his multiple forms or some other weird two shot mechanic. It's the same for me in mythic plus I am just asking because it's something I want to get better at but I feel like for some reason is way harder then it should be. I've only been playing since about late Nov but I can't figure out if it's maybe my camera angle or set up what do you guys think? Thanks
    There are a couple really nice frost DK guide videos as well as description of the fight on wowhead with all the abilities and their damages. It would be a lot more helpful then the random advice here because I can't really understand what part you are struggling with

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    There are a couple really nice frost DK guide videos as well as description of the fight on wowhead with all the abilities and their damages. It would be a lot more helpful then the random advice here because I can't really understand what part you are struggling with
    Thanks for your reply. I have get to the 2nd stage the arcane stage with ease, but when targeting his clones entering the circle bumps me away and I die or something happens where I am suddenly at zero health super fast. I am mindful to be at hundred percent health at the end of the frozen spike stage and I was kinda asking in general when it comes to mythic+. instances, raids, I am new but I usually get good at games fast and don't understand why I am struggling so much with WoW, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB its a few years old for sure, I just want to understand is WoW a hard game to transition to or is it my graphics card or camera setup in game and its pretty normal for WoW players because I am at a loss. Thanks

I did it with the class ring and the shield neck legendary. I just took my time and focused on mechanics. One shot it at 920ish.

Thanks for your reply. I get to the second stage the arcane stage with ease, but at the part where I have to kill his clones I end up being randomly bumped a great distance or something random happens where I am killed extremely fast. I make sure I have 100 percent health after the frozen spike stage. In general I was just asking is it normal for the transition to raid, instance, and mythic+ plus content to be so hard? I feel like maybe its my camera angle setup or my graphics card because I just get killed so quick randomly. I know mechanics are huge and knowing what to do but I use the games recommend graphic settings and still feel like shit thats not even there one second kills me the next. I general pick up games fast and am good but am struggling with WoW is this normal for people transitioning to it or do a lot of people have these problems, by the way my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, so its a bit dated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I did it with the class ring and the shield neck legendary. I just took my time and focused on mechanics. One shot it at 920ish.
    I am at 943 what do you mean one shot? I haven't gotten past the arcane bomb stage but the fight is in stages when can you one shot him? I have almost all the frost legendaries except for the helm and one trinket. Which two would be the best guides just say defense legendaries but I am not 100 percent sure what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I get to the second stage the arcane stage with ease, but at the part where I have to kill his clones I end up being randomly bumped a great distance or something random happens where I am killed extremely fast. I make sure I have 100 percent health after the frozen spike stage. In general I was just asking is it normal for the transition to raid, instance, and mythic+ plus content to be so hard? I feel like maybe its my camera angle setup or my graphics card because I just get killed so quick randomly. I know mechanics are huge and knowing what to do but I use the games recommend graphic settings and still feel like shit thats not even there one second kills me the next. I general pick up games fast and am good but am struggling with WoW is this normal for people transitioning to it or do a lot of people have these problems, by the way my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, so its a bit dated.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean one shot? I have only got to the arcane bomb stage do you mean at the end or something? I have almost every legendary except the helm and one trinket but guides say to use defense leggos and I am not exactly sure what that means. Which ones should I use?

Used sephuz. Frostscythe trivialized ice. Use death strike succor procs to stay alive. AMS when magic volley happens to be safe. The image phase was hardest.... I may have lucked out. Beat it quickly. Took a lot longer on my DH for some reason. Frost phase def the easiest.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean one shot? I have only got to the arcane bomb stage do you mean at the end or something? I have almost every legendary except the helm and one trinket but guides say to use defense leggos and I am not exactly sure what that means. Which ones should I use?
    I mean I completed the encounter my first and only try, but I had experience doing it on DH, SV Hunter, Arms Warrior, etc.

I mean I completed the encounter my first and only try, but I had experience doing it on DH, SV Hunter, Arms Warrior, etc.
    oh ok got you nice job. I am 943 and this encounter is discouraging me from mythic+ content because I can't pinpoint what exactly my problem is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Used sephuz. Frostscythe trivialized ice. Use death strike succor procs to stay alive. AMS when magic volley happens to be safe. The image phase was hardest.... I may have lucked out. Beat it quickly. Took a lot longer on my DH for some reason. Frost phase def the easiest.
    Frost phase with the spikes right? ya I mastered that part but the part where you have to kill his clone in those circles with objects kinda circling around I got always get bumped or something random happens where I am two shot so I am worried it might be my graphic card and things are registering late.

ya I mastered that part but the part where you have to kill his clone in those circles with objects kinda circling around I got always get bumped or something random happens where I am two shot so I am worried it might be my graphic card and things are registering late.
    That part is easily the most frustrating. Some suggested ams wraithwalk yolo to boss, but taking some time might be best. Try to death grip toward center map before this phase so you have the least amount to travel (bc mid is equidistant to wherever he might port to). Time when you move from bubble to bubble by looking at add casts which cause knockback, moving after one finishes so you have time to get to the next and stop the cast before it punts you out of the circle. Stay and heal after add dies and make sure you have a stun, death grip, or interrupt ready for guy in next bubble to halt his cast. Move steadily toward boss marked on map as he will kill you if allowed to finish a long cast if you doddle. You need only move to him to get out of that phase. Def use frostscythe for its efficient burst with KM and sephuz if you have it for the frequent speed and haste boosts from interrupting.
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-03-13 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    That part is easily the most frustrating. Some suggested ams wraithwalk yolo to boss, but taking some time might be best. Try to death grip toward center map before this phase so you have the least amount to travel (bc mid is equidistant to wherever he might port to). Time when you move from bubble to bubble by looking at add casts which cause knockback, moving after one finishes so you have time to get to the next and stop the cast before it punts you out of the circle. Stay and heal after add dies and make sure you have a stun, death grip, or interrupt ready for guy in next bubble to halt his cast. Move steadily toward boss marked on map as he will kill you if allowed to finish a long cast if you doddle. You need only move to him to get out of that phase. Def use frostscythe for its efficient burst with KM and sephuz if you have it for the frequent speed and haste boosts from interrupting.
    Thanks for the reply. So its likely not my graphics card and this part is frustrating for most?

oh ok got you nice job. I am 943 and this encounter is discouraging me from mythic+ content because I can't pinpoint what exactly my problem is.

- - - Updated - - -

Frost phase with the spikes right? ya I mastered that part but the part where you have to kill his clone in those circles with objects kinda circling around I got always get bumped or something random happens where I am two shot so I am worried it might be my graphic card and things are registering late.
    Just check the minimap for where he teleported to and hope from clone to clone until you get close enough to hit him out of his invisibility. If you howling blast a clone near him, it'll hit him also and end the phase.

Well, it's just a chain of different mechanics and then a melee and aoe dps race at the end. There must be some specific part you're dying to right?

Stand at the edge of your bubble and spam blasts, then walk to them and finish them off with an Obliterate. And don't time it so you walk to them when they're about to finish their blast. It might take a try or two to get used to, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Tip 1 is to check the minimap to see where you're going, he's a big yellow dot.

Tip 2 is that you can bumrush him if you're close enough with AMS up. I did it with the tank trinket too so it was extra easy, but you're a lot more geared than I was so it should still work. Just pop ghost walk and AMS and fly to him, you get very far by doing it.

The easiest thing to do is to save Pillar of Frost for that phase. If you kill each mirror image and heal up in the bubble, you can pretty well walk up to him. You don't even have to interrupt casts as long as you can get to him within the time that Pillar of Frost is active.