Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

School starts tomorrow....

I resume college tomorrow after taking a year off. I am dreading this crap so much. I'm lucky that I was able to get into all of my classes without having to be wait listed but parking is going to be a bitch. They are installing solar panels in the parking lots and only 1 of the 3 lots on the main campus is finished as of Friday evening. Parking already felt like the damn Hunger Games but this is going to be redic!

Anyways, for all of you who are also starting their spring semester tomorrow I leave you with this....

School is a fucking cake walk compared to full time work.

I loved going to classes during college/university. I'd continuously take classes and rack up degrees if I didn't have to worry about money. Good luck to you.

Never liked the school setting, I am a somewhat smart person but not good student.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Try doing both at once

Fkin master's, I just wanna be done already...
    Done it myself while working on my master's--was working full time too. Worked part-time during my undergrad. Wasn't easy during my master's but I worked in the field I was doing my degree in so it was cool to see both the academic and practical side of things in real time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    These past few weeks off Uni have been bliss.

Some cunt teacher tried to get us to do work over Christmas, but since it’s not marked I don’t think anyone’ll bother.

Gotta to back today and I’m dreading it. It’s less about learning stuff and more about showing you already know stuff. Makes me regret even going in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    That depends entirely on what you do or what you study.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That depends entirely on what you do or what you study.
    That's very true. I majored in Poli Sci and it was pretty easy for the most part.

Now some of my friends getting engineering degrees...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you’re wise school never ends.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I would echo that somewhat though. If you dread college either because it is too difficult or too boring, it is not meant for you. College also started garnering a reputation for that after many people who didn't belong there (which is most people) started attending so they could get a higher paying job afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That's very true. I majored in Poli Sci and it was pretty easy for the most part.

Now some of my friends getting engineering degrees...
    I was a philosophy major and it was also relatively easy. I would call it a waste of time because what I do now has nothing to do with philosophy but I needed a degree like most people.

Many people I knew who did STEM degrees did not belong in those programs and ended up wasting a few years of their lives and tens of thousands of dollars because they ended up changing majors half way through.

There are a lot of single girls attending college.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What if I equally hate both from the bottom of my heart? (Mind you I still get 3 different scholarships but that's a separate topic xD)

Deleted
    That's not true.

Whoever is saying school is tough just doesn't have the self discipline to give 2-4 hours of studying per day. I got my electrical and computer engineering degree 2 months ago, so, for this reply, I get to talk like I am the one who has a little experience. Honestly, I really don't get why everyone complains. It seriously takes the least amount of discipline to achieve things like that. Just sit your ass down for 2-4 hours every day, and the rest of the day you can tumble around on your floor or outside. But those studying hours have to be efficient. You have to put targets for those hours and the end of each day. For example, at the end of the day you write down for the next day "Study and make notes for chapters 3 and 4", or "do parts a and b for this project", and that will be your goal for the next day, and you should be really trying to make it. Put realistic goals, though. Don't say "finish all my degree" as your next day's goal.

But yea, toughen up while it's easy, or you are going to have a hard time later on. Make a studying program and stick to it, it can only do you good.
    Last edited by gushDH; 2018-01-08 at 08:06 AM.

This guy gets it.

If you think school is tough, man, you are in for a shock.

I'm honestly quite jealous. How about we switch? I go back to casually studying shit I find interesting, and you commute 2 hours a day and work for 10 a boring ass job with people you can't stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    This guy gets it.

If you think school is tough, man, you are in for a shock.

I'm honestly quite jealous. How about we switch? I go back to casually studying shit I find interesting, and you commute 2 hours a day and work for 10 a boring ass job with people you can't stand?
    Like I said in my post earlier, it depends on what you study. There are many rigorous programs at selective schools which are much more intensive than long commutes with long hours and annoying coworkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went for a tech degree as an electrician. Loved learning about all the electrical theory and still enjoy it in my union schooling. But ya I agree college sucks its a money sink and hard to make a living and do it with any enjoyment without support. Compared to now back then I lived so fucking poor its sad. Its the most difficult part. I love my career and the people I work with. I feel sorry for some people who do these weird degrees and hope they get lucky to get some career and maybe in 10 years they can pay off the loan. However most degrees are not gonna wreck your body like mine however I like learning and Ill think of something.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who worked 10 years before going to University. Both are easy and hard in their own way. I find both rather easy. Some people find both hard.

Also does the US only have a short break over christmas? My Aussie one still doesn't go back for almost 2 months.
    Aye mate

I would laugh but iam old and therefore have to work but i must say i much prefer being an adult and working than going back to school again.

Deleted
    No idea where that gif comes from but it gives me a very unsettling feeling, ugh