Thread: Build advice

Build advice

Hey all, curious where you go for advice on builds. I've been a long time fan of Icy Veins from a WoW perspective, and I initially thought it was pretty good for HotS as well. However I am starting to notice weird inconsistencies between their build suggestions and talent write-ups, seemingly viable build options not present, etc.

Do folks just sort it out on their own? Lean on different sites? Some other thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch HGC and check streams/youtube channels of professional players just to see builds they are using.

I try it out and make adjustments depending on enemy composition or personal preference.

I use hotslogs to see what the popular builds are.

I try to figure out for myself what works best. If a hero is really outside my wheelhouse or completely stumping me for some reason, I'll check Icy Veins, Hotslogs, and check out Youtube vids of some of the pros and popular streamers and see what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, I'll see what's successful on Hotslog when I first start playing a character... But then over time once I get used to the character I'll start tweaking stuff to suit my playstyle.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I look for a (recent) Grubby video of the hero, check HotsLogs and try to figure some of the stuff out myself. Sometimes I'll just ask a (good) streamer aswell. Just make sure you take HotsLogs builds with a grain of salt and take note of situational talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Generally, I'll see what's successful on Hotslog when I first start playing a character... But then over time once I get used to the character I'll start tweaking stuff to suit my playstyle.
    Exactly this.

Usually a few days after a major rework for a character it's good to check Hotlogs, too, to see what new builds are doing well. Filter by your rank too, because some things that work in higher levels don't work in lower ones, and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    HeroesHearth has alot of builds from pro-players on 1 page.
    Grubby has a good list usually - when HGC starts , watch HGC !

I just feel the urge to mention that Icyveins is subpar for WoW as well.