Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Patch 7.3.5 - Legendary Tokens Update

    Patch 7.3.5 - Legendary Tokens Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Few additional details on the new Legendary token:
    • We've just pushed a hotfix live that makes Wakening Essences drop for everyone, regardless of whether you're on the quest or not.
    • We'll also be dramatically increasing both the number of Essences required to purchase tokens and the rate at which you gain them in Patch 7.3.5. The overall time investment needed to purchase a token will stay roughly the same, but this will minimize the benefits of stockpiling Essences ahead of time.
      • Note: Emissary bags earned prior to the release of 7.3.5 will still give pre-7.3.5 numbers of Essences. There is no benefit to saving Emissary bags until afer the patch.
    • We also plan to add Wakening Essences to your first Battleground win of the day in 7.3.5.
    • The tokens are bind on pickup because we don't want to overly encourage players to farm Essences on alt characters in order to feed Legendary items to their mains. However, if you purchase and use a token on a character that already has all of the available legendaries for their class, you will be given a random BoA token for another class.

  2. #2
    Safe to assume the regular Legendary drop rates will be the same as it is now?

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    to assume
    pick one my dude
    My old solo stuff can be seen on Twitch and Youtube

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,834
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We've just pushed a hotfix live that makes Wakening Essences drop for everyone, regardless of whether you're on the quest or not.
    Ya--

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We'll also be dramatically increasing both the number of Essences required to purchase tokens and the rate at which you gain them in Patch 7.3.5. The overall time investment needed to purchase a token will stay roughly the same, but this will minimize the benefits of stockpiling Essences ahead of time.
    --ay...

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The tokens are bind on pickup because we don't want to overly encourage players to farm Essences on alt characters in order to feed Legendary items to their mains. However, if you purchase and use a token on a character that already has all of the available legendaries for their class, you will be given a random BoA token for another class.
    Just how many players have managed to get all their class legendaries for a character, though? And random BoA token is still random. =/

  5. #5
    Can't have people stockpiling essences to get a leggo on patch day. No fun allowed here.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire mrsohta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dreams
    Posts
    436
    How will it minimize the benefit of stockpiling if the rate at which we gain them are also increased so the time required stays roughly the same? I feel like they are making it take longer, "roughly" is shady

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    How will it minimize the benefit of stockpiling if the rate at which we gain them are also increased so the time required stays roughly the same? I feel like they are making it take longer, "roughly" is shady
    Because people can obtain them now and some people have 400+

    The increase in drop rate is when 7.3.5 comes out to migate stocking up

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Volrog View Post
    Can't have people stockpiling essences to get a leggo on patch day. No fun allowed here.
    I am happy they are making it harder to stockpile. Gives an unfair advantage to those that have the quest and can. I can not stockpile because all my leggos are at 1000 and can not pick up the quest anymore making it impossible to stockpile and I am sure many other players are in the same situation that I am.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    How will it minimize the benefit of stockpiling if the rate at which we gain them are also increased so the time required stays roughly the same? I feel like they are making it take longer, "roughly" is shady
    If you could gain say 200 until that patch hits live at the current rate and then the rate changes to 10x the previous rate and the cost for a token is not 175 but say 1750, you will have gained the majestic 1/10th of a token by stockpiling which is not very impressive. Do you understand now?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioringas View Post
    I am happy they are making it harder to stockpile. Gives an unfair advantage to those that have the quest and can. I can not stockpile because all my leggos are at 1000 and can not pick up the quest anymore making it impossible to stockpile and I am sure many other players are in the same situation that I am.
    Protip, Read the first point.

  11. #11
    Over 9000! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,568
    Eh? Seems kinda anti fun to spite anyone with Essences, I have one legendary after playing through everything casually and almost being fully exalted. But god forbid I try get more by saving up.

  12. #12
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    4,721
    So upgrading from 970 will be faster in 7.3.5, people who took a break will benefit from a much higher essence droprate.

    Increasing the cost for the new token from 175 to whatever new cost is okay imo if they scale the same with the new rate.

    (Let's say a token will cost 1750 essences, and 7.3.5 emmisary give 50 essences instead of 5 now)
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-08 at 09:50 PM.

  13. #13
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    30
    The tokens are bind on pickup because we don't want to overly encourage players to farm Essences on alt characters in order to feed Legendary items to their mains. However, if you purchase and use a token on a character that already has all of the available legendaries for their class, you will be given a random BoA token for another class.
    This is bullshit!

    I have one alt I would like to play properly but I'm missing the right legendarys to play him properly. So I need legendarys for this class not one of the ten others around.

    STOP THIS RNG BULLSHIT!

  14. #14
    Good. Since I got a couple of chars with 4-5 leggos that doesn't get the quest anymore I'm happy. it's those who need them anyway. Not those I got 16-max on.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Rubbing Specialist View Post
    Protip, Read the first point.
    Yup I should do that, sorry. Well since everyone can stockpile if they want to then I agree kinda of crappy they are limiting the effectiveness of stockpiling.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzar View Post
    This is bullshit!

    I have one alt I would like to play properly but I'm missing the right legendarys to play him properly. So I need legendarys for this class not one of the ten others around.

    STOP THIS RNG BULLSHIT!
    For every player that does this 'fairly', there'd be another who goes "OMG now I need to roll 10 alts just to feed legendaries to my main THANKS BLIZZ ALTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FUN"

  17. #17
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    30
    Right?

    This is so stupid if you consider that we are near to the expansion end (or maybe not) but also consider that they admit themselves taht the Legion legendary system is not good at all.

    Why not take care of this finally?

  18. #18
    I remember when Blizzard said "there are too many currencies, we will fix it" a few years ago. Here we go again.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    So upgrading from 970 will be faster in 7.3.5, people who took a break will benefit from a much higher essence droprate.

    Increasing the cost for the new token from 175 to whatever new cost is okay imo if they scale the same with the new rate.

    (Let's say a token will cost 1750 essences, and 7.3.5 emmisary give 50 essences instead of 5 now)
    Who said that? They will probably just increase the amount needed for the upgrade token by the same multiplier...the only thing that changes is you might as well upgrade legendary items before the patch because those essences will lose a ton of value. I *hope* I'm wrong but that would be a Blizzard thing to do...

  20. #20
    at this point they should just let people buy specific legendaries. no point to have some RNG token shit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •