Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post
    I believe my Warrior is closest with 4100/21000 Revered with NightFallen and 10310/12000 Honored with AoL
    Finishing Suramar is all I need to complete Pathfinder Part 1 but I am not clear on what is required for flying after that.
    Based on my Rep, am I close enough to warrant getting flying and then level a Warlock while still having time to experience end game content with said Warlock?
    Depends on what you mean by "endgame content", but sure. Especially once next patch hits and legendaries become a lot easier to obtain. Also keep in mind that BfA is quite some time away still.

Also, once I get account wide flying for Legion, there is no need for me to do any of that content again and I can just go straight to Argus, is that correct?
    Basically, yeah. Unless you WANT to do it, for WQs or whatever. Personally I don't bother with most of it, I do a few Broken Shore here and there but I never finish it. Suramar I never go past the very very very first part just to have access to Shal'Aran and thus the Emissary if it's up.

Is Veiled Argunite rare or farmable?
    It's farmable to an extent, but not infinitely so. Just doing Invasion Points a few times a day and farming a rare here and there (ideally as part of a WQ) is usually enough to buy one item a day. The weekly quests are more on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "endgame content"
    For the sake of this thread (For however long in continues) I count Normal Raids as "endgame" since it's seeing everything/finishing the story without it either being gated by BiS or too mind-numbingly simple.

If you are talking mythic raiding then you are going to have a problem of not having the right legendaries unless you get lucky with RNG... although in the next patch the new purchaseable legendaries will mean you can earn them about twice as fast as someone today who just does daily emissary quests, 1 mythic 15 dungeon for the weekly cache and clears Antorus once a week.

If you just want to see all the raid content on normal or whatever it wont be a problem at all. I mean my DK has 1 day 4 hours played at 110. I've never done a mythic dungeon and the highest raid content i've done is LFR Antorus (1 clear of each of the 3 available wings) and I have 935 ilvl and 2 legendaries already... Already finished the frost and unholy mage tower challenges too. Got 72 traits in my frost artifact and 66 traits in the other specs.

Catching up is easy. Just do the world boss, Argus world quests that can give you veiled argunite, emissary quests and LFR and you will be over 940 by the time you've done LFR a couple of times. Most pug groups have quite high ilvl demands even for normal but it's very easy so if you have any friends that raid it see if you can tag along with their alt / social normal run... Failing that you can just create your own group and invite a ton of overgeared people to carry you or whoever you want.

Unlocking flying is probably going to be quite time consuming for a 1st time character. You will get most of the rep you need if you complete all the quests in each zone. That will take you at least a couple of hours per zone I think (more for Suramar). Other than that order hall missions are very good for rep if you can get 200% success chance so that you guarantee getting the bonus bags that contain 1.5k rep tokens. Emissary quests also give 1.5k rep as well as being a good source of order hall resources and legendaries so you will definitely want to do that. For wardens rep you are going to need to do some world quests I think (it's mostly world quests that are a single mob). There is an occasional weekly even where world quests give double rep which you should probably take advantage of (it's next up on 7th of February). Legionfall rep is very fast and easy. All you need to do is complete the broken shore quests and you will be revered by the time you are done.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2018-01-12 at 02:04 AM.

For the sake of this thread (For however long in continues) I count Normal Raids as "endgame" since it's seeing everything/finishing the story without it either being gated by BiS or too mind-numbingly simple.
    Normal and Heroic are not a problem to get into at all.

With Argus supplying 910+ gear and some legendary/LFR drops, you can easily get to an ilvl sufficient for most normal raid groups - if you're looking to PUG, I suggest keeping an eye out for guild runs in the group finder. Very often guilds just PUG a few extra people, and those runs tend to go fairly smoothly. I've cleared 11/11 in such runs on three occasions with various characters, it was very easy.

Once you've got a bit of gear, you can start looking into M+. This is a bit more difficult to get into as a DPS because people can be incredibly picky about ilvl - I've seen people ask for 950+ just to do M+10 which is trivial content. However, luckily you can simply level up your own key by making a group yourself. Which, I suppose, is where the pickiness comes from since there's often an abundance of takers with great ilvl/.io score. At M+15 you can try look for carry groups, there's often some around that will carry any 15+ key for free if you provide the key. Really do try and get a high M+ done every week for the weekly cache, though of course if you can do more that is also a decent way to farm some gear.

All that is provided you do not want to be in a guild, of course - which I would highly recommend you try and be, if you can. It's magnitudes more convenient if you have stable, regular runs and don't need to waste hours in queue hoping for a good PUG. Of course, I realize not everyone can/wants to be part of a guild, but the way things are right now it's really the most headache-free way to go about things. There's tons of guilds just doing normal/heroic and looking for people, and Warlocks are always a welcome addition due to them being so OP.

Another thing: be very, very careful about your ilvl. While you want to have it as high as possible for PUG purposes, you don't actually need to EQUIP the highest pieces for it to show up as your value in queue. While PUGs maniacally obsess over ilvl, it is actually not a great indicator of the quality of your gear. The correct stats are TREMENDOUSLY important - I have several pieces in my bank that are +35 ilvl upgrades in their respective slots, but are actually lower DPS than what I am currently using. Avoid anything with Versatility on it if you can, all the other stats are largely fine though you of course want to have more Mastery if possible. Also sockets are amazingly good, and often worth 20 ilvl or more. As soon as you can, use all your Veiled Argunite on trinkets in hopes of getting some good ones, trinkets are incredibly important these days; of course, it always helps to get lucky with raid drops, too.

Finishing Suramar is all I need to complete Pathfinder Part 1 but I am not clear on what is required for flying after that.

http://www.wowhead.com/flying

I gotta be honest I am afraid to PUG. I've always had friends or a guild to roll with but it's the same sad story you hear a million time....

...I started Legion off with guild that I was raiding with regularly, unfortunately my new job came with new hours that off set my ability to make raid times. I tried to stick it out solo but I got bored and took a break. During my break my characters fell behind in iLvL and missed out on getting 4-5 Legendaries to choose from. So getting back into things always seemed intimidating.

Regardless, Thank you for all the information. It really helps to have a clear path since there are so many things to get side tracked with.
    What about The Death of Chromie and Magni/Azeroth Events? Are the worth doing?
    Should I leave professions alone until I can establish myself in a raid/Mythic environment?

What about The Death of Chromie and Magni/Azeroth Events? Are the worth doing?
    Should I leave professions alone until I can establish myself in a raid/Mythic environment?
    Those special events do nothing. The only reason to ever do them is to... do them. No rewards of note. Though I guess the Magni thing does reward some nice AP and takes like 4 minutes to do so might as well.

Professions are largely irrelevant unless you're really into raiding or M+, but can be done very easily and quickly if the need should arise. I leveled my latest lock without caring about professions at all and then one day just powered through to get Alchemy and Engineering to relevant levels. It cost me like 5,000g at most and took no time at all. You can easily solo the dungeons required, even on heroic and with shit gear. Or just pop a targeted queue.

But seriously, unless you regularly do high M+ you probably don't need professions at all. It's just convenience these days, and the market is so fucked up that most items actually cost more to buy the mats and craft than to just buy the finished product. On my two servers at least both potions and flasks have been much more expensive to craft than to buy outright for months.

Based off the information included in this thread, I think my altoholicism is due to lack of end game direction.
    I usually waste my time clearing my quest log for fear of missing something important.

When a patch comes in with new content, how do you usually handle the old content you haven't done? Do you just abandon all your quests and start on new content or do you finish those quests before moving on?
    How do you keep from falling behind?

Example: The Illidan Soul Fragment Quest, that chapter was closed during Nighthold but yet you can still do the quest chain. Do you ignore the exclamation point, or keep it in your quest log?

When a patch comes in with new content, how do you usually handle the old content you haven't done? Do you just abandon all your quests and start on new content or do you finish those quests before moving on?
    How do you keep from falling behind?

Example: The Illidan Soul Fragment Quest, that chapter was closed during Nighthold but yet you can still do the quest chain. Do you ignore the exclamation point, or keep it in your quest log?
    Ignore all the way, unless there's relevant rewards involved. There usually aren't, because it all becomes obsolete with the new catch-up content.

If I do quests like that it's for personal entertainment, because I want to see what happens or whatever. Nothing about that Illidan BS was remotely fun, so I just never did it.

Back to Warlock related questions.
    Do you swap specs? I know Affliction is good in Mythic+ dungeons but nerfs and buffs come and go.

Do Legendaries drop based off the spec you are playing or will I receive a Demo Legendary while playing Affliction?

Based on the answers to the above questions I will know if it would be more beneficial to switch to best end-game spec as soon as I hit 110.

Back to Warlock related questions.
    Do you swap specs? I know Affliction is good in Mythic+ dungeons but nerfs and buffs come and go.

Do Legendaries drop based off the spec you are playing or will I receive a Demo Legendary while playing Affliction?

Based on the answers to the above questions I will know if it would be more beneficial to switch to best end-game spec as soon as I hit 110.
    Right now there's no reason to ever NOT play Affliction, as it's pretty much superior to the other specs on every fight in Antorus. Demonology's niche is completely stationary, purely single-target fights, of which there are zero. Destro's niche is exactly-two-target cleave, at which Affliction still does better. While we don't know what the future holds, it's unlikely there will be nerfs anytime soon considering this is the last tier. The next round of changes will probably be with the pre-patch for the next expansion, where all the new class changes go live as they always do. That is months away still.

As for M+, Affliction is the very clear winner there. Its incredible tankiness combined with it being its own personal healer, its amazing damage output on basically any number of targets, the ability to provide soulstone and healthstone... you name it, and it's a reason Affliction is great. Check out Warler's runs where they do M+20-23 keys with 4 Affliction Warlocks and 1 Tank.

Legendary drops are based on your current loot spec. By default this is the spec you are currently in, however you can just right-click your portrait and set the loot spec to whatever spec you like and it won't change if you switch specs. It means that if you set loot spec to Affliction, you will get Affliction legendaries no matter what spec you are when an item drops; and so on. There are a number of spec-neutral legendaries that can drop in any spec (e.g. Prydaz, Sephuz, etc.) but the spec-specific ones will only drop based on the current loot spec - unless you already have all of them, in which case a random legendary of one of the other specs will drop.

Progress update:
    I jumped on my Warrior and got Legion flying, I was closer that I thought. Turns out Suramar was not Rep gated for me, I was at the Rep I mentioned earlier, I didnt realized that my quest to kill Xavius was Suramar related. So once I finished that in LFR everything was smooth sailing, other than some Mana farming.

Now that I can go straight to Argus once my Warlock gets to 110 I am determined. I ran into a Warlock in a dungeon that utterly destroyed everything, I was so jealous.
    Thank you for all your help and indulging my questions. If I have anymore I will put them here.

Ok, I have another question.
    What types of missions Are worth doing in the class hall?

- - - Updated - - -

Started leveling a shaman a month ago and he's now level 110 and ilvl 927 by playing casually (1-4h everyday and sometimes skipping a day or 2).

That said, with heirlooms you have plenty of time but if I were you I would wait for patch 7.3.5 for the new leveling experience. You have plenty of time after 7.3.5 hit because from the looks of it, BFA won't come until Q4 this year.

My main is a warlock and was my first character in BC, can't really help you from 1-100 since they revamped it so much but I leveled 100-110 as demo and it was really easy.

At 110, I was maining demo from Legion launch until Nighthold then changed because I got bored with the turret style and the spec is really unrewarding in the sense that mistakes really punish your dps and playing perfect only makes you middle of the pack. I changed to Destro as main and Aff as off spec and am really having fun with both.

In the end, it's all personal opinion and you have to try the class to get a taste of it and see if you like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

"Worth" how? In terms of PvE progression, the raid reward missions are the only really relevant ones (including the old ones, as their bonus loot is a bonus roll coin). AP is trivial to get now and drops off sharply in value after 75 (which you will get within the first week just doing other stuff). Veiled Argunite is available in ludicrously low amounts (60 Argunite for a 10-hour mission? Thanks I'll just go kill 3 rares in 3 minutes instead). Sargerite is basically useless.

What's left is the gold missions, which are nice. But I guess if your time is actually worth anything to you, you'll be buying tokens anyway. They're nice to do on the side, though, and you do want the raid missions.

P.S.: Don't get the final Order Hall upgrade. It's a waste of resources.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2018-01-14 at 09:10 AM.

So after reading the patch notes for 7.3.5 leveling is now much easier.

Everything scales which is perfect because I am spending a lot of time trying to find relevant quests to do while waiting for queue. Nothing was more frustrating then completing a dungeon and having to clear out your quest log and go somewhere else because you are now 3 levels higher.

Legendaries are now easier to farm, now I can buy a random token for one? Not sure how that works. You get wakening essence by doing dungeons, right?

Did the make the Mythic Keystone dungeons easier? I dont understand the changes but I would like to get the Mythic artifact appearance.

Lastly, In order to participate in Silithus: The wound, I have to complete the latest raid on at least normal. Is that correct?

Legendaries are now easier to farm, now I can buy a random token for one? Not sure how that works. You get wakening essence by doing dungeons, right?
    Among other things. There's various sources for Wakening Essence, including the first random heroic dungeon of the day, the emissary cache, mythic dungeons, and so on. Once you have collected 1,000 Wakening Essence, you can use them to buy a token that turns into a random legendary on use.

Did the make the Mythic Keystone dungeons easier? I dont understand the changes but I would like to get the Mythic artifact appearance.
    No, but M+15 is not very hard these days. Get to 950ish ilvl gear and you can PUG yourself to one easily; or have a guild that will take you. For geared players, M+15 is almost trivial content now.

Lastly, In order to participate in Silithus: The wound, I have to complete the latest raid on at least normal. Is that correct?
    Basically, yeah. It'll probably be available from LFR difficulty, too, once the last of that opens. Or not, idk.