Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Antorus - what will be the big nerf?

Many speculate that 7.3.5 will be the very last patch of Legion. I don't think so. Well, we won't get another new zone like Broken Shore or Argus, but both Nighthold (Broken Shore and enhanced artifacts) and ToS (Argus and Netherlight Crucible) got heavily nerfed for groups stuck within these raids. So my question is how will Antorus be nerf (it will, I'm certain of it)?

- allowing a third Legion legendary being equipped?
    - increasing loot and titanforged level?
    - introducing an upgrade mechanic again?
    - just a boring debuff for the whole raid enviroment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't titanforging and artifact power basically the nerf already? and has been the whole expansion for all the raids?

It would be great if they just remove Legendary cap in the last patch or in 8.0 so we can go mayhem

As Kassina, wrote above me, TF/AP is the "nerf" - and the new legandary token thingy for 175 essences, should also be seen as one, I guess.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Deleted
    I'll wager they'll allows us to wear an extra legendary by March or whatever.

I'm fairly certain they're adding more AK or something more trait related at least since we're getting 50 new, currently realisticly unobtainable even for the most hardcore, paragon traits added in 7.3.5. I think that will represent the blanket buff corresponding to what 7.2 did for NH and 7.3 did for ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    As Kassina, wrote above me, TF/AP is the "nerf" - and the new legandary token thingy for 175 essences, should also be seen as one, I guess.
    95% of all Mythic raiders aiming for a decent amount of Mythic kills probably have their BiS legendaries already tbh. I'm only missing 2 priest legendaries overall and I'm just in a 4/11M guild :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    It would be great if they just remove Legendary cap in the last patch or in 8.0 so we can go mayhem
    THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!! Probably won't happen but it would be so fun as a one off last week kinda deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I'll wager they'll allows us to wear an extra legendary by March or whatever.
    probably this.

not everyone is gonna get that argus trinket, so they will want to even the playing field at the end for funsies.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

changing legendarie equip count would be a balance nightmare, because many classes benefit alot from a third one while others benefit near zero

I second that... but tbh, I don't see it happening as this community does not like fun (see the 3.0 event which caused a shitstorm for some)

Most likely a % nerfs to most of the bosses. I highly doubt that they will let us wear 3 legendaries, i can also see them increasing the proc rate of argus trinkets. They are also adding more concordance levels, i can see them lowering the AP requirement for each concordance level, 1.3trillion AP for 81 is like a slap in the face.
    Last edited by Adlian; 2018-01-09 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    my guess:
    -increased droprate on amanthuls trinket
    -pantheon trinket upgrade items for argunite
    -5-10 extra ranks on AK
    -some way to reroll traits on relics at the crucible
    -possibly some other artifact buff related to silithus
    -couple targeted nerfs to bosses, no blanket nerfs.

i also wouldn't be overly surprised to see 10 ilvls on all your items for valor points make its return, tho tbh that doesn't really strike me as the current dev teams style.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2018-01-09 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    I think someone stated that this won't be happening. Think about it, last week of the expansion you are really powerful, then next week you are weak af. Even losing the two current legendary items feels bad, but it might be that they smoothen the legendary "nerf" same way they did with ring - it gets weaker every level you gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah. That would be awesome, but Blizzard would not agree.

None really - our guild recently got Kingaroth and Varimathras on the same day this reset and I just compared our kills to the top 20: we have more than 10 ilevels higher raid group than what they used. I would say Heroic TF loot combined with crucible is absolutely demolishing bosses.

Right now each boss is steadily going over 500 mythic clears on wowprogress and i would give argus maybe 4-5 more resets before that number hits him too. Which is where Blizzard likes PvE progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    I am hoping by the BFA prepatch they just remove the legendary cap and every just goes batshit crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Many speculate that 7.3.5 will be the very last patch of Legion. I don't think so. Well, we won't get another new zone like Broken Shore or Argus, but both Nighthold (Broken Shore and enhanced artifacts) and ToS (Argus and Netherlight Crucible) got heavily nerfed for groups stuck within these raids. So my question is how will Antorus be nerf (it will, I'm certain of it)?

- increasing loot and titanforged level?
    - introducing an upgrade mechanic again?
    - just a boring debuff for the whole raid enviroment?
    you will get another 25 levels of AK serving as content nerf .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    I think someone stated that this won't be happening. Think about it, last week of the expansion you are really powerful, then next week you are weak af. Even losing the two current legendary items feels bad, but it might be that they smoothen the legendary "nerf" same way they did with ring - it gets weaker every level you gain.
    with the ilvl squish were getting the impact could probably be managed or at least concealed. but yeah it will never happen, there are too many people who simply don't have one legendary for each and every equipment slot.

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    changing legendarie equip count would be a balance nightmare, because many classes benefit alot from a third one while others benefit near zero
    Well the stat value alone is enough of a boost to any character. I am really hoping that they will remove the legendary cap some point in the expansion. The mythic race is over, the expansion is ending, they don't need to worry about balance at this point! they can go crazy

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    who cares about balance when expansion is over. nothing matters anymore till 8.0 when you will replace your orange gear with leveling greens