Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Good idea to help crowd-fund esports, I just wish that my home team had the cool green/black color scheme
    Boston doesn't have the best color scheme, but at least we don't have the red and yellow Mcdonald's skins.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    This is a good way to support esports (like, the league clearly needs more than the 300 million USD they got from investors), but also a way to turn away a lot of fans of a casual game that has addicted people to collecting everything and now so much of that content they would like to obtain is behind a ridiculous paywall.
    They are dumb looking recolors, with the names of teams on them that none of us will ever be on, even if we somehow go pro and made a team.

Why do people want these, why does the paywall matter?
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-10 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    omg why would you want more than one or two for your prefered team and character
    Basically this. I don’t think anyone plays all 26 heroes on the regular. Even if you want a full team, £70-£80 isn’t so bad compared to a football shirt and you can stagger it (I’ve easily spent that on loot boxes over a year) starting with your most played.

I don’t see why you’d need/want every skin for every team; that’s proper niche collector behaviour, kind of like buying every strip for every team in the premier league which would similarly be absurdly expensive.

I really wish we could get some of these color combinations as regular costume unlocks (via lootbox, credits, etc.) in the Hero Gallery, without the team logo and/or name. I really like the black and green of the Houston Outlaws, for example, but I'm not as fond of their logo...or the idea of repping a team from dumb ol' Texas.

So instead, with the free League tokens they gave us, I bought the Seoul Dynasty skin for D.va, since she's my favorite character, the Dynasty black and gold is my second favorite color combo after Outlaws' black and green, and I feel like D.va would definitely be willing to represent the colors of a pro gaming team from her country.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I think part of the cost goes to the team and the league. I don't think it was their intention for players to try and get each and every one. Get the one that matches the team you like.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    Deserves to be said...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi

I am curious about the Overwatch League skins.

I count 26x12 skins, aka 312 skins.

And the points to get them cost quite A LOT, to buy all of them, I have to spend 1200 euro. Is this intented or is there any other way to get those points?

I feel I will ruin myself if I buy them all, but I also really want them, I can only assume they become unavaliable after this event?

Also, how long will these be avaliable? Are they gone forever if I don't get them now?
    I suppose they wanna finance their league this way, the same way other competitive games do it.
    It's just shitty team skins anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Deserves to be said...
    True...it seems like they push this before it gets outlawed.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem is that they cost 5 euro per skin.. For what is essentially a blue skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    My biggest problem is that they cost 5 euro per skin.. For what is essentially a blue skin.
    1560 $ -5$ since you get 1 for free.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Skins look horrible, not gonna pay anything for that.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    dont like buying loot boxes? don't buy them. don't want to buy every jersey in the game? don't buy them. =|

you can also get the currency to buy them just by watching OWL

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Purple skin, not blue

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Imagine being this triggered lmao. It's ok, I know your autism related OCD is the real reason you're upset and the anger isn't at me, but at Blizzard for making you unable to collect every single specific skin for every specific team.

Infracted
    Imagine making up emotions from text on the internet. By the way I never said I wanted to collect every skin for every team.
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2018-01-11 at 12:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do like the idea, I think it's a great way to support people etc.

But as a collector this is a nightmare, as I have to spend 1200 euro to get them all That's too much
    These skins aren't for collecting. Buying them is investing in a team. You're an investor who receives skin as your dividend by investing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

This is insane. Guess I need to take a small loan to afford them all
    Most of them look like garbage anyway, why would you want all of them?

I dont have a problem with this, I got my one free skin, maybe I can earn more for free later. Just because some thing is being sold doesn't mean I have any need what so ever to buy it. I have this thing called 'impulse control'. What? 312 new skins? They cost money? I get one free? Cool, I'll take the free one and never think twice about any of the others.

I don't toss my money at every thing that someone is selling, might be why I have always had money even though I was born poor.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Imagine making up emotions from text on the internet. By the way I never said I wanted to collect every skin for every team.
    That's a cool story. I hope you get all the skins you want.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Got Monster-Genji (aka the Outlaws skin), laughed over the McDonalds skins (imagine Symetra at the counter XD) and now i will never think again about them.
    These arent collectables, this is merchandise for the teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    These skins aren't for collecting. Buying them is investing in a team. You're an investor who receives skin as your dividend by investing.
    Well, they appear in my Hero gallery after I buy them and will stay there. To get all 312 would ofc mean a more ultimate collection for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Most of them look like garbage anyway, why would you want all of them?
    Cause I am a collector, I want 100% of everything. It will take a long time to get all Golden weapons as well, but working on that too. I want 100/100 collectibles for a hero, not 99/100. And these skins increase that number further, +12 for each hero.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail