Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 7.3.5 PTR - Build 25826

See the front page for the latest notes.
    Last edited by chaud; 2018-01-09 at 10:12 PM.

So wait, is Flame Shock going off the GCD?

inb4 "oh noes mah dx8 card won't play wow anymore?"

Farewell OpenGL. Let us sit around the fire and tell sad stories about your passing.

nooo i cant play wow on my old setup with the CRT monitor

man, that buff to balanced blades though, ass rogues are going to have so many combo points they arent going to be able to spend them fast enough lol

Deleted
    I've ordered GTX 1080 last week. But BfA is going to suck big time regardless of graphics. Waiting for play Classic on new graphics card.

are the FINALLY ending 32 bit support? Where are all the people who said that would never happen.

still no love for bm sigh

Well...the requirements keep going up but the graphics don't improve much.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    are the FINALLY ending 32 bit support? Where are all the people who said that would never happen.
    Eh I figured it would be around the time they were dropping XP/Vista support. They dropped support in October if I recall.

This makes just as much sense. I doubt many players are running a 32 bit OS or they wouldn't have done this. Same with the XP/Vista thing.

Hell the market share for Vista and XP combined now is less than 4%. I somehow doubt there were many players on XP/Vista.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Still so much you can do with the engine.

This mostly leaves it open to a lot of optimization.

What kind of graphical improvement are you hoping for out of curiosity?

Go compare a Classic zone from 2004 to a Legion zone. The improvements are drastic.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-09 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    But they do improve. New models are much more complex and detailed than old ones, environment textures have higher resolution and some shiny effects.

Deleted
    Wait OpenGL support will be removed ? RIP playing WoW for me and my MacPro 2009...
    OpenGL is my only option https://imgur.com/a/Btg7C

I must add though, the game on OpenGL looks crap compared to DirectX
    Last edited by mmoc5b249aa738; 2018-01-09 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Still get warning messages every time I log in for who knows what. It always says: Item not ready yet! - LOL I Just logged into the game wtf?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh I figured it would be around the time they were dropping XP/Vista support. They dropped support in October if I recall.

This makes just as much sense. I doubt many players are running a 32 bit OS or they wouldn't have done this. Same with the XP/Vista thing.

Hell the market share for Vista and XP combined now is less than 4%. I somehow doubt there were many players on XP/Vista.

- - - Updated - - -

Still so much you can do with the engine.

This mostly leaves it open to a lot of optimization.

What kind of graphical improvement are you hoping for out of curiosity?

Go compare a Classic zone from 2004 to a Legion zone. The improvements are drastic.
    I don't know, but i look at Legion's Dalaran vs Wrath Dalaran and i can see the performance impact but not the improvement...

The player models do look much better, the new zones look nice but it just doesn't seem proportional to the impact it has on the game's performance.
    I don't have the technical knowledge to tell you why, it just looks that way to me.

I can't wait until for patch day, how many people are going to have 40-49 essences towards their next upgrade and then get screwed, lol.

Deleted
    I don't know, but i look at Legion's Dalaran vs Wrath Dalaran and i can see the performance impact but not the improvement...
    A fully populated city vs. empty city and you're not expecting a performance difference?

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Wait OpenGL support will be removed ? RIP playing WoW for me and my MacPro 2009...

What gfx card and macOS are you running? As long as you’re running Sierra/High Sierra and have a somewhat recent card, you’ll be able to use metal. If your Mac Pro is model 1,1 and is too old to run newer versions of macOS, there are ways to get around that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Farewell OpenGL. Let us sit around the fire and tell sad stories about your passing.
    Meh. OpenGL's been dying a slow, obonoxiously painful death for years. Still would have preferred OpenGL 4.6 + Vulkan to Metal though so more games would direct port to OS X more readily.

Not forcing the requirements to go up for so long is why the graphics haven't improved all that much. Making massive updates to the engine is pretty difficult when it has to support tech that MS and Apple itself no longer support. That's what's changing, so going forward you'll start seeing a bit more reward for being current, such as DX12 features being brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post

Get a new nVidia GPU such as the 1080. It runs Metal just fine and the Mac Pro's limited availability of connectors (2x 6-pin) can power most models of it. Use nVidia web drivers. Problem solved. The 2009 and later Mac Pros can run High Sierra.

Deleted
    1k essences for a legendary? they better up the drop rate or the quantity of the drop per week, Else it's another thing to grind... 175 to 1k, i wonder why the change tho...