Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    our responsibility as a group is to work as a group.
    Best argument I've seen on this topic.

There's many, many reasons a healer may be out of range. Their fault, or yours - There is no issue that can't be solved with better communication. Like calling out that you're about to go far away, Healers calling out that you've line of sighted them, or tanks advising in advance that they are speed running so healers can be in the right frame of mind to do that, or leave if they don't want to.
    Here is something to believe in!

Sure healers and dps have to position themselves accordingly for fights. However, few and far between end up with dps being in the middle of nowhere alone. Most of the time everyone is fairly close to one another. I've really only ever seen morons off in the middle of nowhere by themselves in lfr and lfd. I can't be bothered to chase down some dps that lacks the situational awareness to realise they just might be out of range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Best argument I've seen on this topic.

There's many, many reasons a healer may be out of range. Their fault, or yours - There is no issue that can't be solved with better communication. Like calling out that you're about to go far away, Healers calling out that you've line of sighted them, or tanks advising in advance that they are speed running so healers can be in the right frame of mind to do that, or leave if they don't want to.
    Especially on healing intensive fights, the healers are not able to move much at all. DPS movement is easier most of the time. I play both, I know what I talk about. Of course, some instants are always available on the move, but if you know that a healing-intense part of the fight will start soon, then you should check the position of your healer(s). Also, there is a reason for positioning strategies on fights.

If I play DPS and I know that I can survive on my own, I don't care much about where the healer is. And I don't throw a fit if I don't get healing when I am too far away from the group.

it's a bit of both.

The healer shouldn't fucking demand that everybody be aware of the range between them and the healer at all times at the expense of their DPS/positioning, at the same time this farce about constantly sprinting/heroic leaping/ rolling through the dungeon nonstop and expecting the healer to keep you alive is just as unjust. Some healers such as priest have a very limited mobility. Particularly in the case of disc where it needs some setting up as well as staying fixed in place for most of its healing.

Of course we could just discuss blizzards design cdecision of making healers the role that tends to struggle the most with mobility instead

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve played support/healer in enouth games to know that dps are morons who are more then willing to kill them selfs if you don’t do your damnnest to keep them alive.

A good healer will use every tool at their disposal to ensure their group's success, and the best healers will do so intelligently to ensure their group succeeds as efficiently as possible. If that means pumping out life saving casts within fractions of a second in high pressure scenarios with very little downtime so that your DPS can stand in the fire during their CDs for a few seconds longer, without leading to a wipe down the line, then that's what they have to do.

To answer your question OP - Yes; healers should absolutely position themselves as best as they can when healing. Coming from someone who's healed at the highest possible level in PvP and, though not as high, a relatively decent level in PvE.

A healer's job is to keep players alive regardless of stupidity. However, if it means sacrificing the non-stupid players to keep the stupid ones alive then you let them die. I'm not going to not bubble someone just because they were stupid and standing in crap. People make mistakes. I am also running to a new spot to heal a DPS out of position if it doesn't mean I can't heal everyone else.