Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Bacon also has a lot of protein. Not surprised that gives you energy.
    plain or lard or butter (again from well fed animals) is good for you (in moderation)

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    plain or lard or butter (again from well fed animals) is good for you (in moderation)
    I dont disagree with that. The brain in particular needs fats or it starts misfiring neurons. Just don't tell me not putting ranch sauce on your chicken nuggets means its a great meal.

Its also harder to lose weight when you are cutting back on protein/carbs and have no energy to move.
    Well, that's where the Ketosis comes in for the Keto diet. It takes a little adjustment, but you train your body to burn that fat better\faster once you are cleansed of the carbs\surgars.

Keto's break down is
    60-75% of calories from fat (or even more),
    15-30% of calories from protein, and
    5-10% of calories from carbs.

Again, whether people can make a lifestyle out of that diet is the challenge. Breads are hard to give up.

I dont disagree with that. The brain in particular needs fats or it starts misfiring neurons. Just don't tell me not putting ranch sauce on your chicken nuggets means its a great meal.
    Chicken nuggets aren't the worst meal possible, the proteins are pretty good.

For a 6 piece nugget

270 Calories

16 gramsTotal Fat: (25% DV)

16 gramsTotal Carbs: (5% DV)

15 gramsProtein
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2018-01-13 at 10:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, that's where the Ketosis comes in for the Keto diet. It takes a little adjustment, but you train your body to burn that fat better\faster once you are cleansed of the carbs\surgars.

Keto's break down is
    60-75% of calories from fat (or even more),
    15-30% of calories from protein, and
    5-10% of calories from carbs.

Again, whether people can make a lifestyle out of that diet is the challenge. Breads are hard to give up.
    I've never tried Keto, I prefer doing big weights at the gym. Cant argue with the results though, if you want that "Ripped" Look then its hard to look past Keto Diet. I find I need protein or I cant focus as well on the higher weights, like if you are under slept.

Its also requires a flexible lifestyle/income because if you want it to work you really need to do it properly and it rules out so many foods because its such a specific diet.

I find as long as I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and do my best to walk around I dont have much trouble with weight. Can still enjoy the odd beer, Just sadly it has to be the odd beer and not more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

Chicken nuggets aren't the worst meal possible, the proteins are pretty good.

For a 6 piece nugget

270 Calories

16 gramsTotal Fat: (25% DV)

16 gramsTotal Carbs: (5% DV)

15 gramsProtein
    You are telling me you can confirm the details of what is or isnt inside those nuggets? You know they are made by the leftovers of god knows what. Also I find personally foods like that, processed like nuggets, squid in batter etc is the worst kind of food for gaining weight. Its so high in fat, oil, protein, carbs from the batter that you can notice it in the morning.

I am a parent.

What me and my wife have done and are still doing so our kids grow up having a normal lifestyle and not become obese, is that we ourselvs as parents, do not overeat, are not obese, we are not letting ourselvs have more than enough when its not needed. We are not having takeaway nights for us and for the kids as well. When we are going to kid parties we are behaving, and our kids behave. They can have 1-2 sweet things a week, but thats it. There is no more. They understand what no more means, and they are not looking for more either.

I strongly believe that children are like sponges. They literally absorb what parents are doing. Lifestyle choices etc all copied from parents. So being proper rolemodel for our kids and not having extra food, exercising, being healthy, not watching a lot of tv etc etc, helps us communicate that to our kids and our kids never ask why are we going swimming again, or never say 'oh am so bored of going swimming today'. Thats because they'll never hear us say that.
    They won't ask for pizza, because they won't see us having pizza nor we'll present pizza as something thats amazingly good and its a must have once a week. They are not having it more than once a month, we are not having it either. Although we are not whining about it.

What I am trying to say, to any other parent out there is that if you want your kid to do something, make sure you follow it yourself, or else the kid is going to question why you can do something that the kid can't do etc.
    Be a healthy rolemodel for your child and your child will follow. Be close to your child, and SPEND TIME playing and generally hanging out with. |

Also because its an online gaming forum, make sure that once you have kids to stay healthy and don't overdo it with WoW. If your kid sees you playing wow all day long, he/she is gonna do the same thing.

All in all, just build your life the same way you'd like your kid to live his/hers life and the kid is gonna follow you on an awesome path.

You have to engage your kid in the cooking and eating experience. if you yourself eat like shit then its very likely your child will as well. Those eating and cooking habits you instill in your child will not go away without an intervention. It is difficult to find that fine line of telling your child they are fat or that you dont want them to be fat because adults already have problems with body image, imagine a child's take on it. As has been mentioned, excessive chastisement or ridicule promotes eating disorders. Maybe this wouldn't work but explaining to your child how calories and the body works (which is hard since there's so much bullshit surrounding the subject of weight loss and maintenence) might be the best way. Also, just cut out high-fructose corn syrup from your diet and your child's diet, that shit is cancer. and foods containing it are likely high in calories to begin with so cutting them out is almost an automatic weight loss strategy.
    that being said, you cant sit there and eat a 1000lbs of fruit and not expect to get fat- calories in.. calories out.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

You are telling me you can confirm the details of what is or isnt inside those nuggets? You know they are made by the leftovers of god knows what. Also I find personally foods like that, processed like nuggets, squid in batter etc is the worst kind of food for gaining weight. Its so high in fat, oil, protein, carbs from the batter that you can notice it in the morning.
    I assume there is some rule and regulations around what they list on their nutrition information page. If they are lying, that's another issue. But here is their statement
    The nutrition information on this website is derived from testing conducted in accredited laboratories, published resources, or from information provided from McDonald's suppliers. The nutrition information is based on standard product formulations and serving sizes (including ice for beverages). All nutrition information is based on average values for ingredients from McDonald's suppliers throughout the U.S. and is rounded to meet current U.S. FDA NLEA guidelines.

Here is what they list as the Ingredients

CHICKEN MCNUGGETS
    Ingredients: White Boneless Chicken, Water, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Bleached Wheat Flour, Yellow Corn Flour, Vegetable Starch (Modified Corn, Wheat, Rice, Pea, Corn), Salt, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Calcium Lactate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Spices, Yeast Extract, Lemon Juice Solids, Dextrose, Natural Flavors.

Contains: WHEAT.

Cooked in the same fryer that we use for Buttermilk Crispy Chicken which contains a milk allergen.

I don't think chicken nuggets are good for you at all, mostly due to the breading and whatever else they grind up to go with the meat

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    I don't think chicken nuggets are good for you at all, mostly due to the breading and whatever else they grind up to go with the meat
    Thank you. Finally someone who isnt just trying to prove someone else on the internet wrong and speaks common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Nice fat shaming thread.

Will be interesting to see how your veiled America bashing and Fat shaming goes without your pocket moderator to protect you.
    Fat isn't healthy. If you need to be shamed because you have no self control then so be it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Fat isn't healthy. If you need to be shamed because you have no self control then so be it.
    We have a population problem anyway, who cares if some want to get off the ride quicker.

Deleted
    We have a population problem anyway, who cares if some want to get off the ride quicker.
    And yet people are so hung up on letting in those poor Immigrants or being against Abortion.

Stupidity knows no borders.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's called moderation it isn't difficult
    are you the guy who tells depressed people to cheer up

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I am a parent.

What me and my wife have done and are still doing so our kids grow up having a normal lifestyle and not become obese, is that we ourselvs as parents, do not overeat, are not obese, we are not letting ourselvs have more than enough when its not needed. We are not having takeaway nights for us and for the kids as well. When we are going to kid parties we are behaving, and our kids behave. They can have 1-2 sweet things a week, but thats it. There is no more. They understand what no more means, and they are not looking for more either.

I strongly believe that children are like sponges. They literally absorb what parents are doing. Lifestyle choices etc all copied from parents. So being proper rolemodel for our kids and not having extra food, exercising, being healthy, not watching a lot of tv etc etc, helps us communicate that to our kids and our kids never ask why are we going swimming again, or never say 'oh am so bored of going swimming today'. Thats because they'll never hear us say that.
    They won't ask for pizza, because they won't see us having pizza nor we'll present pizza as something thats amazingly good and its a must have once a week. They are not having it more than once a month, we are not having it either. Although we are not whining about it.

What I am trying to say, to any other parent out there is that if you want your kid to do something, make sure you follow it yourself, or else the kid is going to question why you can do something that the kid can't do etc.
    Be a healthy rolemodel for your child and your child will follow. Be close to your child, and SPEND TIME playing and generally hanging out with. |

Also because its an online gaming forum, make sure that once you have kids to stay healthy and don't overdo it with WoW. If your kid sees you playing wow all day long, he/she is gonna do the same thing.

All in all, just build your life the same way you'd like your kid to live his/hers life and the kid is gonna follow you on an awesome path.
    Well said and very true, children are sponges and they model their parents' behavior. Good for you and your wife for showing a good example.

Deleted
    They were attentive and actively trying to get their children to eat less junk food.
    What kind of parents give the kids only junk food? Do they just give them money and let them buy their own food or what?

I don't make my daughter food that you get fat from in small amounts and I don't make her more food than she needs.

Because they also use health services to keep living. Hospital beds, doctor's time, replacement organs and other operations such as bypass surgeries and so forth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Because they also use health services to keep living. Hospital beds, doctor's time, replacement organs and other operations such as bypass surgeries and so forth.
    You mean the stuff they pay for in their health insurance? And probably have higher rates because they are high risk because of their size? Please, the society we've built as long as you have the money to pay for it you can do whatever you like. Now if we judged those surgeries on merit and only gave it our sparely to those who deserved it and not cost then you might have a point.

I am a parent, and my kid is healthy because I keep him on a balanced diet. I don't fill the cupboards with junk, I cook all of his meals, and we generally just eat very well. That doesn't mean I don't allow him to have treats, and it doesn't mean we never go out and have an unhealthy meal, but my wife and I don't let it get out of control.

I understand not everyone is in the same circumstance as I am. I make a good living and I can afford good food. I have flexibility in my job which allows me to cook all of his meals. I'd like to think that if I were worse off I'd figure something out, but I can't say for sure. I was raised in a similar way, so I also know what it means to have a balanced and healthy diet.

I don't understand how parents let it get out of control. Your child is ultimately limited to the food in the house until at least the teen years. It's likely a lack of education (most people really don't have a good grasp on calorie intake, macros, etc.) and an unwillingness to fight the constant battle with the kid early on. Small children want what they want, and it _is_ easy to just cave in for a little peace and quiet in return.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I fight the opposite battle. I have 2 boys who are 9 and 5 who barely have any fat on themselves. In fact my 9 year old eats well and often eats anything not nailed down good and bad (while other times he can't be bothered). My 9 year old had stated a number of times since he was little he never wanted to wear certain things because he was afraid he looked fat. I am forcing him to eat things just to gain some weight because he's growing faster than he can consume so he's skin, muscle and bones. I refuse to let them have soda and to this day neither one has had a drop of it. My neighbor's kid had sprite in a sippy cup by 1 year old. There's a good way to fight it for the rest of your life.