Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    We have a population problem anyway, who cares if some want to get off the ride quicker.
    That is true I spose.

I won’t claim to have all the answers because I definitely feel like I’m genetically lucky when it comes to weight management. That said my sister and I didn’t eat junk food as kids because our parents wouldn’t buy junk food. And they cooked every dinner. Stuff from cans and boxes sometimes sure, it was a different time. But they still cooked every meal. I didn’t have to be told not to be fat either, I could use my own two eyes and figure out really fast that I didn’t want to be fat. The fat kids were the ones made fun of and ostracized by the other kids.

For me it’s a pretty simple formula, don’t eat when I’m not hungry and don’t eat stuff that makes me feel like shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    We have a population problem anyway, who cares if some want to get off the ride quicker.
    If only it would always be the right people speeding up their own demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    You make a meal. The kids get the same food as everyone else. You have a set reasonable amount of time for the meal. You dish out reasonable portions. At the end of the meal, if the kid hasn't eaten the food, you put the remaining food in the fridge. When they start complaining later that they are hungry, the same food comes back out, gets warmed up and re-served.

Thats it. There is no other options. Holding out for junk food isn't going to work because it will never happen. You made perfectly good food and they can either eat it or suffer the consequences of being hungry until the next meal time.

Make certain there is no junk food they can swipe on their own between meals...often kids like this are sneaking snacks to make up the difference.

You have to help your kid understand...that eating doesn't NEED to be enjoyable. Every item of food you put in your mouth won't be an experience like eating cake. Sometimes you just need to eat for the basic function of survival.

Look at it this way. We don't spend all kinds of time trying to make shitting the 'perfect experience' for our kids. It is something you just need to do and get done with. You don't refuse to shit because it might not be entirely perfectly pleasant. It is just another bodily function, not unrelated to eating, which we need to contend with for survival.

Sometimes you can indulge and make your meals truly pleasant, and when that happens by all means enjoy it. Very often you simply need to shovel something into your face to refuel and move on with life. On those occasions you don't need to enjoy things...just find the thing that you need to eat, healthwise, and be done with it.
    We've tried that. She went 2 days without eating, not a joke. It's a bit of a serious problem. As I said in a previous post, we are going to another doctor Tuesday to get a new consultation with another psychologist. This is a long road we are traveling. I can totally get behind what you are saying, as it was done to me as a child, however, I never went days without eating because the food "looked gross".

I will update once we get a new psychologist.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    One thing I have often noticed is that people fill their houses with junk food then complain that's all their kids want to eat. Of course it is, junk food is designed to be more appealing than real food but there is an easy solution, stop buying it. Sure your kid might bitch for a bit that they don't have any junk food but eventually they'll get hungry and be more than happy to sit and eat a proper meal without being able to binge on junk afterwards.

Of course there are more situations where it's a lot more complex than that but I'm amazed at how common a theme that is. How hard is it to understand if it's not in the house, then they won't eat it at home. Sure they can get it else where but kids spend the majority of their time at school and at home, both places where healthy eating habits should be enforced.

That's how it was in my house when I was a kid as far as I can remember, we only got junk food as a treat every now and again. Like my dad would buy me and my sister a chocolate bar or something after we went swimming and stuff like that, it always reinforced the idea that junk food was a treat, not something to eat consistently all the time and it also got us to enjoy exercise. I honestly think part of the issue is some parents are just lazy and can't be bothered to argue with children so they placate them with treats because it's easy and it's only once they see their child get obese do they actually worry about the health impacts it has.
    I could not agree more. Excellent reply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    my 5 year old was just bitching that she didnt get any ranch with her chicken nugs for dinner. i guess she's tried ranch at school, i'll be asking them about that.

i threw the fuckin bottle away.

that's how you beat obesity. don't give your kid bullshit.
    Parents having a spine? Seems like a good solution tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Nice fat shaming thread.

Will be interesting to see how your veiled America bashing and Fat shaming goes without your pocket moderator to protect you.
    Maybe you should spend less time being "triggered" by supposed fat shaming and more time on hitting a treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Yeah, you rob your child as to what a good tasting meal is and feed them shit like chicken nuggets for dinner.

Come back to me when you're putting some actual effort into your parenting before you try and act like parent of the year for essentially being a horrible consumer teaching their children that managing their diet is more important than fiscal responsibility.

You know how you beat obesity? Come to the realization that human beings will do whatever they want responsibly or not and that conditioning therapy never works. Your child rebelling in 10 years and buying a coscto sized bottle of ranch is not going to help the problem.
    go fuck yourself, you probably don't have any kids anyways. when and if you ever find a woman/man to mate with your mongoloid ass, wait and see what your kids will and won't eat. you gonna feed them veggie or soy BS? think they'll eat that? think you're fucking wolfgang puck so you can make shit taste like duck a l'orange?

go ahead and cook them some of that healthy bullshit they tell you to in a parenting magazine, then when your kid spits that shit out come holler at me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Parents having a spine? Seems like a good solution tbh.
    thank you /10
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2018-01-14 at 01:56 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    are you the guy who tells depressed people to cheer up
    No, but keeping children not obese isn't difficult. You can't even compare it to a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No, but keeping children not obese isn't difficult. You can't even compare it to a mental illness
    The stress and depression that comes from being a single mother living in poverty is definitely comparable. I'd love for you to go to one of these families that are the main demographic of council estates in the UK and tell them to have some self control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    The stress and depression that comes from being a single mother living in poverty is definitely comparable. I'd love for you to go to one of these families that are the main demographic of council estates in the UK and tell them to have some self control.
    Considering I

A. Live on a council estate.
    B. Grew up with little money.
    C. Have family living in such situations

Very few children here are obese and most I know are actually strict on what their child eats because they can't afford junk food everyday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Lul. I haven't been banned in forever if you didn't notice.
    That's not due to your lack of effort.

Another fat-shaming thread, and more vitriol left around the forums.