Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Punching girls is rude.
    Traps aren't girls

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    my 5 year old was just bitching that she didnt get any ranch with her chicken nugs for dinner. i guess she's tried ranch at school, i'll be asking them about that.

i threw the fuckin bottle away.

that's how you beat obesity. don't give your kid bullshit.
    The kids got good taste. Chicken is too dry without a sauce. Also Chicken nugs arnt that healthy already. The batter is fat

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The kids got good taste. Chicken is too dry without a sauce. Also Chicken nugs arnt that healthy already. The batter is fat
    Nothing wrong with having chicken nuggets in moderation

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Nothing wrong with having chicken nuggets in moderation
    Ill remember that next time Im at mcdonalds and wondering why im not losing weight.

Ill remember that next time Im at mcdonalds and wondering why im not losing weight.
    You know what moderation is? If you're only eating at McDonald's twice a month and still not losing weight it isn't McDonald's that's making you fat

You know what moderation is? If you're only eating at McDonald's twice a month and still not losing weight it isn't McDonald's that's making you fat
    You know 2 chicken nuggets has more fat than an entire chicken sandwhich. So unless you are only eating a couple and having salad to make it a meal then its hard to see how you can have nuggets in moderation when you need quite a few to feel fill.

You know 2 chicken nuggets has more fat than an entire chicken sandwhich. So unless you are only eating a couple and having salad to make it a meal then its hard to see how you can have nuggets in moderation when you need quite a few to feel fill.
    Nuggets are a side order like chips (fries) - You can eat fatty food and not get fat

Nuggets are a side order like chips (fries) - You can eat fatty food and not get fat
    Yes, people can eat fatty foods and not get fat, im glad I had to spell that out.

Now if people ARE fat, and wanting to lose weight, and are eating chicken nuggets, then dont come to me asking for advice on why you're not losing weight

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can be really direct with my daughters. When they ask to snack or eat again, I’ll tell them no. They ask why, and I say “cause I don’t want you getting fat”. They understand that overeating can lead to being overweight and they don’t want to look like that. They see kids at school who are fat and think it’s ugly. Harsh, but let’s be honest, it’s the truth (same with adults).
    I don't mean to tell you how to parent your child, it's not my place. But I would be cautious with the language you are using. My girlfriend's sister is currently going to rehab for anorexia because all her life her parents equated food with fat. I'm of course not saying that it will happen to your daughter, but the language is a little too focused on the aesthetics which can lead to that kind of behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that fat in foods doesn't make you fat? No? I didn't think you did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post

You know that fat in foods doesn't make you fat? No? I didn't think you did lol.
    Its not as bad as sugar or carbs. But fat especially poly saturated fat is also the last energy source that the body burns so eating lots of it isnt great. Any other great questions? Chicken nugget fat = bad. Avacardo fat = good. KK?

Its not as bad as sugar or carbs. But fat especially poly saturated fat is also the last energy source that the body burns so eating lots of it isnt great. Any other great questions?
    I have no questions regarding the matter, I studied it. Saying "this food has more fat" is mostly irrelevant when it comes to weight loss.

Yes, people can eat fatty foods and not get fat, im glad I had to spell that out.

Now if people ARE fat, and wanting to lose weight, and are eating chicken nuggets, then dont come to me asking for advice on why you're not losing weight
    You can be fat, eat the occasional McDonald's and still lose weight. Moderation is more important

I have no questions regarding the matter, I studied it. Saying "this food has more fat" is mostly irrelevant when it comes to weight loss.
    Might want to restudy it then judging by your statement/question, you seem to have missed a few important chapters out of your over priced book. Like that fat is the slowest energy burning source chapter for one. And fat content is relevant for burning fat, which you know....obese people tend to focus on.

Might want to restudy it then judging by your statement/question, you seem to have missed a few important chapters out of your over priced book. Like that fat is the slowest energy burning source chapter for one. And fat content is relevant for burning fat, which you know....obese people tend to focus on.
    Speak to any dietitian lol. High fat diets are typically recommended because fat keeps you satiated longer than carbs or protein. Meaning people eat less, meaning they consume less calories, meaning they lose more weight. It's okay to be ignorant, just do it quietly.

This is the simple version, but it's true and it's why diets focus on reducing carbs and increasing fats.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2018-01-13 at 09:58 PM.

Speak to any dietitian lol. High fat diets are typically recommended because fat keeps you satiated longer than carbs or protein. Meaning people eat less, meaning they consume less calories, meaning they lose more weight. It's okay to be ignorant, just do it quietly.
    I guess thats why people drink melted ice cream in the gaining weight phase just so they can lose it again? You're not making any sense, and I'm well aware you are just trying to be clever because fats have gotten a bad name over the years through misinformation and sugar focused companies. And any dietitian than recommends ice cream over protein is a nut case. Chicken sandwich with full grain brown bread with lettuce > any shit you can mention.

I'm not saying fat is totally bad, you need some to stop your brain from misfiring and not having any energy to lift the weights. But giving your kid chicken nuggets and taking away the ranch isnt some life saving technique which was the original point. The chicken nuggets are bad in the first place. Its like not putting chocolate sauce on your ice cream and saying smugly "Im on a diet".

Would also love to see your all fats meal planner. What do you have for breakfast that has fat in it that is so wonderful?

I guess thats why people drink melted ice cream in the gaining weight phase just so they can lose it again? You're not making any sense, and I'm well aware you are just trying to be clever because fats have gotten a bad name over the years through misinformation and sugar focused companies. And any dietitian than recommends ice cream over protein is a nut case. Chicken sandwich with full grain brown bread with lettuce > any shit you can mention.

I'm not saying fat is totally bad, you need some to stop your brain from misfiring and not having any energy to lift the weights. But giving your kid chicken nuggets and taking away the ranch isnt some life saving technique which was the original point. The chicken nuggets are bad in the first place. Its like not putting chocolate sauce on your ice cream and saying smugly "Im on a diet".

Would also love to see your all fats meal planner. What do you have for breakfast that has fat in it that is so wonderful?
    The actual fuck are you going on about? Ice cream is bad because it has so many sugars.....carbohydrates. Not because of it's fat content. Jesus lol, I'm actually arguing with someone with a reddit degree.

This is the simple version, but it's true and it's why diets focus on reducing carbs and increasing fats.
    I think you guys might be talking past each other. from what I seen the fundamental problem is many overweight people don't get the key for weight loss is to decrease the calories in and increase the calories spent. I had a couple of co-workers do the various Akins and Keto diets and still couldn't lose weight. Having them add up their calories, they were still eating 2000+ a day and walking a mile for their exercise. Trading bread for bacon only can do so much.

The actual fuck are you going on about? Ice cream is bad because it has so many sugars.....carbohydrates. Not because of it's fat content. Jesus lol, I'm actually arguing with someone with a reddit degree.
    I like how you dont even include any examples and you dont even mention avacardo as an example of good fats. Yup you have no clue and would rather just argue with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think you guys might be talking past each other. from what I seen the fundamental problem is many overweight people don't get the key for weight loss is to decrease the calories in and increase the calories spent. I had a couple of co-workers do the various Akins and Keto diets and still couldn't lose weight. Having them add up their calories, they were still eating 2000+ a day and walking a mile for their exercise. Trading bread for bacon only can do so much.
    I'm referring to his (incorrect) statement of "Fatty food makes you fat".

- - - Updated - - -

I like how you dont even include any examples and you dont even mention avacardo as an example of good fats. Yup you have no clue and would rather just argue with me.
    Literally just go onto google and type "does fatty food make you fat". There are thousands of articles, websites, and books that all agree......they don't.

I'm referring to his (incorrect) statement of "Fatty food makes you fat".
    Yeah see you even got my statement wrong, I was saying "Chicken nuggets are bad for you too"

- - - Updated - - -

Literally just go onto google and type "does fatty food make you fat". There are thousands of articles, websites, and books that all agree......they don't.
    Still cant even give me one example of your meal planner, and you claim to have studied the subject. Im gonna claim bullshit, till you can actually give the most basic of tools any dietitian would have