Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is Outlaw in casual raiding? LFRNormal/Heroic Raiding?

Title eltit
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I mained outlaw 7.0-7.2.5

Atm it's a pretty weak spec tbh. You can only play outlaw "ideally" in like the first 30sec-1min where you have AR and the artifact spell up, as well as infinite energy. In this period you always do A LOT OF DPS and you are pretty fast. The fun stops though after this time, because after your DPS will purely depend on RNG (RtB and procs), which in "real life" means that you'll have bad RNG overall, you will be slow, you'll have to wait for your energy to regen etc etc...

Overall, even though it was my favorite spec for most of the expansion (I progress raided EN and NH and I was strong af there), nowadays I would recommend playing sub as it offers similarly good utility, better ST damage and (surprisingly) great AOE dmg as well. And yes, this recommendation goes for LFR/normal/heroic players as well, simply because the spec does not perform any better (actually it performs even worse) with bad gear + Outlaw simply isn't fun anymore.

TL;DR Outlaw isn't considered "bad" because of raw numbers, but because of it's broken class design, so it does not make any difference on which difficulty you're playing (or what kind of content)

EDIT: I gotta say though that my main issue with Outlaw is actually not RtB. I love that spell, but the execution is really bad currently and it was A LOT better in its original form (Don't remember when they changed the possibility of rolling 1,2,3,6 buffs to 1,2,5... they should've kept the original spell with the addition of Loaded Dice and the AR changes)... What I really dislike about Outlaw is the almost always guaranteed "slow" phase after you've used up your CD's and that's where the spec really feels slow, which is not fun at all.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-01-11 at 01:19 AM.

I played it for a casual guild in H ToS prog and it was great fun, didn't underperform despite what people would have you believe.

You could get higher numbers out of other specs, sure, but they aren't as fun.

It's very strong if you are geared/specced correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    didn't underperform despite what people would have you believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    You could get higher numbers out of other specs, sure
    You know what under-perform means right?

Like any spec, it is fine to play outlaw while only doing normal/heroic content. However, please note that anytime there is downtime as outlaw, your damage will plummet hard as you have no dots unlike sub and assassin. Pistol shot does very weak damage, and to make matters worse, it's range isn't even all that good. If you care about performance, I would actually roll assassin as sub has a weak tier set and has been falling off over the weeks. If you find outlaw really fun and don't care too much about performance, that it's fine to play it at a casual level.

Deleted
    its dps is ok, but god how i hate that spec.

This mass misconception that outlaw is trash on this forum is off. Outlaw dps is more than fine once you get to the 960~ range running SnD/GS and have a decent level pantheon trinket+relinquished frond, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zimax View Post
    You know what under-perform means right?
    It means being unable to pull your weight.

Outlaw can pull its weight plenty in a casual setting, but it won't be blasting the meters unless you get some whacked RNG (which is half the point of the spec really)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fun to play, but the numbers are quite undertuned.

Outlaw is godlike in mythic+ due to the awesome cc it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    This mass misconception that outlaw is trash on this forum is off. Outlaw dps is more than fine once you get to the 960~ range running SnD/GS and have a decent level pantheon trinket+relinquished frond, etc.
    The whole spec was designed with RtB in mind.
    Insane gearlevels scaling well with a passive attackspeed buff (SnD) and a flat 10% damage increase 'dot' (GS) as an alternative doesn't suddenly mean the spec isn't flawed.
    Besides, 960+ is far from the 'casual' raiding the OP was asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Like any spec, it is fine to play outlaw while only doing normal/heroic content. However, please note that anytime there is downtime as outlaw, your damage will plummet hard as you have no dots unlike sub and assassin. Pistol shot does very weak damage, and to make matters worse, it's range isn't even all that good. If you care about performance, I would actually roll assassin as sub has a weak tier set and has been falling off over the weeks. If you find outlaw really fun and don't care too much about performance, that it's fine to play it at a casual level.
    yeah i dont plan to go mythic
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    I have played Outlaw only in pve this expansion. Right now Outlaw feels better than during the last 2 raid tiers. On single target Outlaw seems to be pretty decent against other specs and classes but feels weak on some aoe encounters and encounters with downtime. But it does feel worth playing it now, at least when geared properly.

I have been playing Outlaw Slice n' Dice build this tier and I really enjoy it. My guild is super casual, we cleared Normal and are currently progressing through Heroic. I pull between 1.3-1.5 mil DPS and tend to be top 3 in our guild. I love the T21 4 set, and combined that with Legendary Shoulders + Ring, I have solid single target and burst AoE. So the spec is totally viable for Normal and Heroic runs.

So what do you do when you aren't 960 and nobody takes you in Raids cause your DPS isnt great because you arent 960?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    So what do you do when you aren't 960 and nobody takes you in Raids cause your DPS isnt great because you arent 960?
    Yeah basically, the spec is fine once you're overgeared

Deleted
    Outlaw is OK - your best option is to move away from RNG and play SnD
    Outlaw can be OK in mythic as well but it is very RNG heavy and requires the right gear set to work

In other words less than 1% of the players have all that. ..lolOutlaw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post
    Yeah basically, the spec is fine once you're overgeared
    Haha.

Sad but true as that is what people are arguing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I have been playing Outlaw Slice n' Dice build this tier and I really enjoy it. My guild is super casual, we cleared Normal and are currently progressing through Heroic. I pull between 1.3-1.5 mil DPS and tend to be top 3 in our guild. I love the T21 4 set, and combined that with Legendary Shoulders + Ring, I have solid single target and burst AoE. So the spec is totally viable for Normal and Heroic runs.
    Yeah go SND. RTB is a waste of time and only applicable in extreme circumstances and gear set ups.

7+ Year Old Account
    What I really dislike about Outlaw is the almost always guaranteed "slow" phase after you've used up your CD's and that's where the spec really feels slow, which is not fun at all.
    Try SnD. There is no slow phase. I am GCD capped almost the entire time, even the periods between Adrenaline Rush.

Besides, 960+ is far from the 'casual' raiding the OP was asking about.
    I don't raid at all and am already 954. A few more weeks of +15 weekly chests and I could easily be sitting at 960 (assuming I don't get any more duplicates). You don't need to be a hardcore raider to hit 960 ilevel in 7.3.

Outlaw right now imo in heroic is very competitive on most fights right now in Antorus. What I find with Outlaw is that while it has a really strong burst window, its down time is still very strong where as you see other dps classes drop drastically after their bust window. I know for myself I slowly climb the meters and usually end up top 3 or 4 on all fights. Sims are so subjective because its simply based on bis and doing your rotation to perfection which never happens. I currently run shoulders boots, because i still havent gotten insignia yet, and im doing 1.65-1.8 mill on average single target.