Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    Making certain PvP items seasonal is one of the most obnoxious things Blizzard does.

    This is coming from someone who's gotten Glad 2 times, so I have my fair share of stuff that's no longer obtainable.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Yep! As a person who collect rare stuff i respect players with that mount and title, and unlike some players im not making complain threads every month because i missed something/was lazy to do it. If you want rare stuff that will be removed in the future - go do PVP for the current set or get the mage tower skins/M15. Or just make a thread like this next expansion...



    Because you missed something does not mean that you MUST have a chance to get it now. Are you going to complain about missing the chance to buy Bitcoins for 1$ a few years ago?
    I have the chance to buy bitcoin now though...

    There where tons of people who cheesed and cheated for those rewards and with legacy servers ill get the chance. You didn't really think this out did you.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

  3. #323
    As long as things like http://www.wowhead.com/item=147627/e...-felskin-armor exist and stay around I see no problem with it. Even if some of the sets remain season exclusive it is fine.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #324
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,090
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I'm against stuff like that because it punishes people who weren't playing at the time.
    Life is constant missed opportunities. Deal with it snowflake.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Life is constant missed opportunities. Deal with it snowflake.
    You make up for it later in life though with hard enough work ethic. I own exclusive content in both wow and league btw.

    Blizzard and riot allow a certain percentage of the population to cheat there way to rewards but deny future players the opportunity that's always been an issue to me.

    They can always reintroduce those challenges through legacy or scaling/updating them.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2018-01-15 at 02:11 AM.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

  6. #326
    I'll try my best to explain my feelings in this subject

    Prestige rewards that are deleted from the game at the end of a PvP season are seen in many other games.
    It's a game design strategy in order to get people excited over something.
    Complaining about this means:
    1) You want prestige rewards to no longer exist in videogames
    2) You think prestige rewards have no place in WoW

    Let me tell you why prestige rewards are so awesome and good game design
    1) It gets people excited to do things in a period of time
    2) Without the "special, unique, awesome, limited edition" reward people may never even consider doing the "quest"
    3) Make people embark on epic quests of self improvement
    4) Make people feel important and special because money and resources were spent to create a "special unique, limited edition" reward for themselves
    5) Breeds competitiveness (some smart Steve's like to call it "elitism" in order for it to look bad")
    6) Great fond memories are created if you are able to overcome the hardships and obstacles of the "quest" and manage to get the reward

    This game design is awesome. It moves crowds. It makes people excited over something easily.
    Ofcourse that everything has downsides.

    Some people are left out. I understand. It's sad.
    But in order for something to be competitive it needs to work like this.
    This may sound harsh but there is no "competion" in life that doesn't work like this. No need for examples. If you think about something competitive, it needs to have people "left out".

    This is a videogame.
    You don't need to be sad if you are not able to get the "prestige reward"!
    Your life and happiness SHOULDN't depend on "rewards in videogames"!
    It's just a game.
    It's competition.
    Competition SOMETIMES is fun.

    Think about this situation like this:
    "Prestige rewards" exist in videogames. You don't have to have them. You don't have to have everything.
    They exist for a reason. (see reasons above 1-6)
    By wanting to make "prestige rewards" more accessible you are killing the fun of this "particular game"
    Because, again, you dont need them! This is a mini-game Blizzard created for a particular group of people.
    By wanting to have access to this rewards you are destroying the "mini-game".

    I just hope people don't get offended over this.
    I see "Prestige rewards" as an integral part of videogames. I see nothing wrong with them.
    Some people are left out...please don't be sad about it. You shouldn't be sad about it If someone is sad over this they need to think about their personal goals.
    Last edited by Shadowpunkz; 2018-01-15 at 04:55 AM.
    Man has no moral instinct. He is not born with moral sense. You were not born with it, I was not - and a puppy has none. We acquire moral sense, when we do, through training, experience, and hard sweat of the mind. - Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #327
    Not sure if this suggestion has been brought up yet, but a solid compromise could be that the sets are still available except they hold the same requirements just in the current season. That way people still have to work for them and if there's one that someone is really itching to get but was absent at the time, they can get it provided they put the same amount of work that everyone else did to receive it.

  8. #328
    Oh by the way, the unobtainable Elite sets weren't a thing before Cataclysm. Somehow the game was still fine in arguably one of the most popular expansions - WotLK.

    So anybody can get the Wrathful appearances today. And guess who cares? Nobody.

    I think enough time has passed for Blizzard to re-examine this current model and tweak it.
    Last edited by DorjeMonk; 2018-01-15 at 09:12 AM.
    Twitter @dorjemonk

  9. #329
    Scarab Lord Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    pvp players can. they get the elite set now doing normal gameplay, then the mythic set 2 years later when the raid is trivial.
    It's painful how true this is. I wouldn't mind mythic raid rewards being locked for consistency.

    I mean, what is the PvE content PvP'ers have to do this expansion? Ah right, Mage Tower... The challenges that were once difficult, now a joke because Blizzard didn't cap the ilvl.

    PvP'ers got a free pass this expansion, but consider the god awful state PvP is in... I can't be too annoyed. I guess they needed that silver lining.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Life is constant missed opportunities. Deal with it snowflake.
    How is he a snowflake?

    "I want everyone to have access to something"
    "I want exclusive rewards to feel special"

    Which one of those is more likely to be a snowflake's opinion?

    Edit: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is down to the varying definitions of the term. "Someone wanting to be a unique snowflake" vs "Someone not taking criticism well (?)"
    Last edited by Lime; 2018-01-15 at 10:22 AM.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by DorjeMonk View Post
    Oh by the way, the unobtainable Elite sets weren't a thing before Cataclysm. Somehow the game was still fine in arguably one of the most popular expansions - WotLK.

    So anybody can get the Wrathful appearances today. And guess who cares? Nobody.

    I think enough time has passed for Blizzard to re-examine this current model and tweak it.
    Not really. WoW team is hard on to appease for people like Shadowpunkz, which hurt everyone.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I guess they needed that silver lining.
    In my experience, PvPers draw their enjoyment from denying others enjoyment or stealing their time, both directly and on a meta level. Latest example: people camping outside of Maw and killing opposing faction that come out to reset the dungeon (4x for Weekly)

    Which one of those is more likely to be a snowflake's opinion?
    "Everyone that disagrees with me is a snowflake"

  12. #332
    Over 9000! endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    9,755
    I personally think it's just vile that they do shit like this. All they're doing is supporting leetist snowflakes. Fuck Blizzard. All armor sets should be obtainable from the moment they're put in the game to the moment the servers are shut down. Period. Make people jump through hoops if you want, but they should NEVER be taken away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This is a videogame.
    Your life and happiness SHOULDN't depend on "rewards in videogames"!
    It's just a game.
    This is a great argument AGAINST everything else you said.

    A limited availability reward makes you "feel important and special"? That's just sad... It's a game. The only "reward" should be the enjoyment you get from playing it. If you want to be competitive about it, then the reward is winning. You say you wouldn't want to play a game if it didn't have a cosmetic reward? Then that's probably a good sign that the game is shit.

    Most people don't want the gear because they think other players will look up to them. They just want it because it looks cool, or they like the colors, or it fits with their favorite mount. Showing off in game is something that appeals to only a small subset of special snowflake gamers who apparently can't get any validation IRL so they need to pretend that strangers online think highly of them. Trust me, they don't.

    Most video games (all of the best ones) have done just fine without "prestige rewards", so no they are NOT an integral part of video games. Hell, you don't even need them to stoke competition, proven by the multitudes of highly successful and popular fighting/shooting/strategy/etc games that people have been playing for decades.

    If anything, exclusive and time sensitive rewards are a great way to turn people away from a game.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    A limited availability reward makes you "feel important and special"? That's just sad... It's a game. The only "reward" should be the enjoyment you get from playing it. If you want to be competitive about it, then the reward is winning. You say you wouldn't want to play a game if it didn't have a cosmetic reward? Then that's probably a good sign that the game is shit.
    Same thing goes for you. It's SAD that you are crying because you are not able to get a recolor transmog in a videogame.
    "The only "reward" should be the enjoyment you get from playing it?"
    Nice videogame you got there. If you were a game designer, your game would have no rewards?
    This is just a different reward to make people more excited.
    It's like playing poker using beans or pennies VS playing poker with real money
    It's more exciting this way
    You should only play if you are having fun but the reward is the icing on the cake.

    Most video games (all of the best ones) have done just fine without "prestige rewards", so no they are NOT an integral part of video games. Hell, you don't even need them to stoke competition, proven by the multitudes of highly successful and popular fighting/shooting/strategy/etc games that people have been playing for decades.
    Ihe majority of fighting/shooting/strategy games HAVE prestige rewards. Call of Duty, Overwatch, League of Legends, Dota.
    3 of this are one of the most played games in the world.

    If anything, exclusive and time sensitive rewards are a great way to turn people away from a game.
    You just contradicted yourself.
    Previously you said "The only "reward" should be the enjoyment you get from playing the game"
    Then why da fu#% would someone quit a game because they are not able to get a cosmetic reward?
    Last edited by Shadowpunkz; 2018-01-15 at 01:56 PM.
    Man has no moral instinct. He is not born with moral sense. You were not born with it, I was not - and a puppy has none. We acquire moral sense, when we do, through training, experience, and hard sweat of the mind. - Robert A. Heinlein

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Locking any content or rewards is piss tactics to breed elitism.
    i second this the elitism. the hackers and programmers that just literally hack through everything to be better than someone who doesn't cheat. programming-hacking is cheating.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Same thing goes for you. It's SAD that you are crying because you are not able to get a recolor transmog in a videogame.
    "The only "reward" should be the enjoyment you get from playing it?"
    Nice videogame you got there. If you were a game designer, your game would have no rewards?
    This is just a different reward to make people more excited.
    It's like playing poker using beans or pennies VS playing poker with real money
    It's more exciting this way
    You should only play if you are having fun but the reward is the icing on the cake.
    I was crossing my fingers that you'd try it, but I honestly did not think you'd be dumb enough to bring up poker as a counter argument. If you don't understand why an ante game is unique in this respect then there's probably no point in explaining. The WoW equivalent would be something along the lines of every lost PVP battle ended with a piece of your gear being permanently deleted. Does that sound like fun to you? Then don't compare actual gambling to RPGs.

    You do understand that we're talking about time sensitive rewards that have no bearing on gameplay and therefor have no actual worth, right? Gear recolors, mounts, titles. Things that you can't compare to money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ihe majority of fighting/shooting/strategy games HAVE prestige rewards. Call of Duty, Overwatch, League of Legends, Dota.
    3 of this are one of the most played games in the world.
    You're showing your age. Warcraft 3, Starcraft, AoE2, Counterstrike, Halo CE, Super Smash Bros, Tekken, CS1.6, DotA (original), Street Fighter, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and the list goes oooooon. None of these classics had prestige rewards. You played against other players to have fun and maybe win, and when the game was over that was it.

    You can go beyond video games as well. I can't think of a single board game that gives players post-game prestige rewards that they are meant to carry around to show off. What an absurd idea. Good games don't need prestige rewards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You just contradicted yourself.
    Previously you said "The only "reward" should be the enjoyment you get from playing the game"
    Then why da fu#% would someone quit a game because they are not able to get a cosmetic reward?
    There is no middle ground on this:

    1. The very existence of time sensitive rewards fosters an atmosphere of toxic elitism that does not need to be part of a game.

    2. When you buy a game, you should have access to all content that it comes with. That doesn't mean you have it handed to you, but that does mean that nothing becomes unobtainable.

  17. #337
    While not exactly the same I guess, the latest update does something hilarious.
    It gives a "new" exclusive mount to a very few selected people.

    https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/953484334224220162
    Last edited by Tiase; 2018-01-17 at 06:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •