Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary balance Bracers Proc baseline in BfA

I finally got them after months and I'm surprised how fun the proc actually is. It makes balance way more dynamic, which i would have never thought.

I really hope they make the effect baseline, not because it's so strong but because it's simply more fun that way.

Should they do it? /discuss

What's it do?

Deleted
    Starfall has a 20% chance to make Starsurge free and vice verca. Can proc off of one another.

I hope so too. Balance is really boring in its current state w/o bracers.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If it hangs around, I would put money on it becoming a talent.
    Maybe the 75, 90, or 100 row, with a bit of shuffling/reworking to the ones there now.

Deleted
    I feel like balance needs a proc to be baseline. there is no rng at all, making it pretty boring. the bracers make a huge difference in playstyle, making it a lot more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    I feel like balance needs a proc to be baseline. there is no rng at all, making it pretty boring. the bracers make a huge difference in playstyle, making it a lot more fun.
    While I agree that the proc should be baseline, however I just want it for DPS gains, not the RNG.
    I love the fact that Boomkins have no RNG (Apart from Oneth's). Makes the spec consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    While I find getting 10 procs in a row hilarious and causes me to stress the fuck out when I have too many emps and capped AsP, RNG doesn't make a spec more fun. I played Mage from 2.4.3 to 7.0.3 and trust me when I say there's way, WAY too much RNG reliance for Fire/Frost (still is to this day, a bit less, but it's there) and it gets extremely frustrating to need burst DPS and not really able to hold it due to short durations for said RNG procs. I don't wish for every spec to become that; it gets annoying.

I would like Oneth's baseline simply because it gives some ST burst or AoE without completely sacrificing the other one. I also hope Starfall becomes 40 AsP baseline and hopefully reverts to its old version where it's just an aura around you, and doesn't pull things out of combat.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While I find getting 10 procs in a row hilarious and causes me to stress the fuck out when I have too many emps and capped AsP, RNG doesn't make a spec more fun. I played Mage from 2.4.3 to 7.0.3 and trust me when I say there's way, WAY too much RNG reliance for Fire/Frost (still is to this day, a bit less, but it's there) and it gets extremely frustrating to need burst DPS and not really able to hold it due to short durations for said RNG procs. I don't wish for every spec to become that; it gets annoying.

I would like Oneth's baseline simply because it gives some ST burst or AoE without completely sacrificing the other one. I also hope Starfall becomes 40 AsP baseline and hopefully reverts to its old version where it's just an aura around you, and doesn't pull things out of combat.
    Well some rng, as with oneth's, is fine because the spec doesnt rely on the proc to be viable. without it it's just starsurge, use the emps, starsurge, use emps for 5-10 minutes. nothing really exciting about that but i still love the spec, it could just be a little bit better with a tiny bit of rng.

Well, from what we've heard, the Azerite system may very well end up having this kind of thing as well. The effects they portrayed were definitely more than simple stat or damage increases.

Not sure I want the spec to have 7 buttons baseline. I only have 5 fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Not sure I want the spec to have 7 buttons baseline. I only have 5 fingers.
    7 buttons?

Starsurge,
    Starfall
    Moonfire
    Sunfire
    Wrath
    Lunar Strike
    Incarnation

it already has 7?
    and thats not including talent choices and legendaries adding more different playstyles.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Despite the clickbait title, I'd like the idea.

I think they said overall mechanics of druid with or withou artifact ability would carry over. I don't think the legendary should. This aspect of game, they could aim to make something new. It is after all a whole new expansion.

If legendary effects are part of druid, why nobody even mention the poor helm? I really don't want the helm effect to be put as baseline though, but bracer should? These LEGO effects are just flavors, not supposed to affect core "class fantasy". So why not make something new.

Not sure about baseline, but they may add something like that as one of Azerite circle choices. Because if you like it, doen't mean everybody like it.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    I think they said overall mechanics of druid with or withou artifact ability would carry over. I don't think the legendary should.
    Why not? Oneth's is literally just a different iteration of the Druid trinket from Archimonde (last boss of Hellfire Citadel). To say it shouldn't carryover is pretty ironic.

If legendary effects are part of druid, why nobody even mention the poor helm?
    Making the helm baseline would turn away a lot of people.

I really don't want the helm effect to be put as baseline though
    Then why even bring that up...?

but bracer should? These LEGO effects are just flavors, not supposed to affect core "class fantasy". So why not make something new.
    Well again, Oneth's is literally a carryover from Archimonde's Druid trinket, and it's a proc effect (of which Balance has 0 procs unless you include Owlkin Frenzy, which you shouldn't) that adds both ST and AoE. Many arguments could be made against Emerald Dreamcatcher, the biggest being the radical change in rotation. Oneth's doesn't really change your rotation. It's just an extra effect.

Also "Class Fantasy" has nothing to do with rotation and whatnot, but I sure as shit like my "class fantasy" where I have the ability to do a burst of damage, followed by decent AoE. As it is now, you have to completely sacrifice one for the other. Oneth's baseline (esp with maybe a higher proc rate) could maybe fix that outstanding issue we've had this entire expansion.

In fact, I'd love to see something like "Your next Starfall also shoots a Starsurge at your current target (and procs a Solar+Lunar Emp)"/"Your next Starsurge also drops a Starfall centered around your target (and procs Stellar Emp)". That'd be a pretty similar but neat interaction to where if you get a shitload of procs, you don't get overloaded and lose out on Emps/AsP rather than making the next cast free. You still do get a free cast, just you spend 40 AsP to get 80 AsP worth of spenders (instead of spending 0 AsP to get 40 AsP worth like Oneth's).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-01-12 at 12:21 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I don't think having it drop a Starfall at your target would be all that good as a baseline. We've gone through that issue often enough by now.

We are talking about baseline though. Not an optional talent, which i am fine with.
    The current way of the lego system is that you can actually choose to opt out of the bracer, just like the helm (which is why I brought it up). People use bracer for all situation (if they prefer) is a item balance failure of the balance druid lego FOR THIS EXPANSION. That is why it should not be carry over "as baseline".

EDIT : Even I am fine for lego bracers effects being a talent, hopefully not in the same row as the helm which nobody takes AGAIN, personally still want something new to keep things fresh, but that's just me.
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-01-13 at 02:19 AM.

The dream was a procless rotation and gearing that wanted stat sticks. I loved doing well based on my skill and performance and not RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I don't dislike OI, but to be honest I'd much prefer a different type of proc become baseline. Starfall can be a really annoying ability to use and I prefer only needing to use it during the situations it was designed for. Feeling like I need to use it in every situation or I'll lose out on damage just wouldn't feel nice...

My group already yells at me enough for pulling extra packs, I'd not like that to continue into BfA