Mythic Varimathras

Hello friends!

We're derping on Varimathras. I'm curious to hear how you're handling the soaking for mark for prey. We've been using a warrior (dps) to eat it and charge back in. Is there a better person? We're struggling with the add dps, but usually it's people tunneling.

Really to me the fight just comes down to move - add - necrotic - add repeat. Learn the dance, kill the adds win.

Is it worth it to have the 3rd tank take it and try to charge it as warrior, then immediately run necrotic, etc.?

For a first kill is it 4 heals, or 3?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zNVv9dgGRJxPfj3q

Any info or help would be great, I feel like we should have gotten it already >.>

Thanks!

Chew~

As for raid comp, the standart is to go 3/4/13, THERE IS NO DPS CHECK. The fight got a HP nerf and we got more gear. The 3rd tank is the necrotic bitch duty.

As for raid setup we purposely benched all of our 5 priests and warlocks and boomies, this is because their add dmg is damn atrosious.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=77

As you can see your 2 warlocks are extremely worthless on the add dps. This fight is all about killing the adds, if you can't do that, dont bother. Also looking at the dmg, get your frost mage to whore procs. He shouldn't be dealing that low dps. Our frost mage always had an icelance for necrotic and pray. If you cant kill add, no reason to bring you.

There really isn't much else to the fight. Majority of our wipes was to roster just not having enough classes that could swap
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Boomkins are really good on add damage, they can pool 2x Starsurges for each add and annihilate them alongside frost mages.

You should definitely 3 tank.

As the fight goes on the adds between the Necrotic and Charge become closer and closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    As for raid comp, the standart is to go 3/4/13, THERE IS NO DPS CHECK. The fight got a HP nerf and we got more gear. The 3rd tank is the necrotic bitch duty.

As for raid setup we purposely benched all of our 5 priests and warlocks and boomies, this is because their add dmg is damn atrosious.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=77

As you can see your 2 warlocks are extremely worthless on the add dps. This fight is all about killing the adds, if you can't do that, dont bother. Also looking at the dmg, get your frost mage to whore procs. He shouldn't be dealing that low dps. Our frost mage always had an icelance for necrotic and pray. If you cant kill add, no reason to bring you.

There really isn't much else to the fight. Majority of our wipes was to roster just not having enough classes that could swap

Bolded part. Boomkins are fucking fantastic for adds if they want to be. This was our first kill:
    https://imgur.com/a/6dIr8

(as you can see, the other hunter fucked up his /tar shadow macro, and instead bound his kill command with a /tar varimatrhas macro. This, in turn, caused him to not ever KC the shadows). But as you can see, boomkins do perfectly fine.

Also, keep in mind that your link is only targetting one of the two shadows - for whatever reason, they have different NPC ID's, depending on what spawns them (the strike or alone in the dark). https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...NPC%24true%240
    this pin will show damage done to both types of the add. Not that it changes much (except that the shadow priest is deffo doing better than the fury warrior overall when both adds are factored in), but you may as well be accurate.

To further improve accuracy, you should probably also filter out wipe-situations. Our ret paladin managed to do 160M damage to adds in a single pull the other night, because we fucked up and spawned a ton of adds wiping while his crusade was up. Crusade+Auto bubble+20% dmg proc when people die during a wipe = MASSIVE aoe to get ahead.

So let's filter by 2x dead people (realistically, if 1x person dies it's usually the tank, and a wipe will come quickly, but so will the death of the second tank due to the debuff. Very rarely will you ever see 2 DPS actually die on a pull. So with 2x dead cutoff:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e%240&cutoff=2
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2018-01-12 at 10:23 AM.

3 tank 4 heal. Have your dps actually pool instant casts to kill the add.

The 3rd tank just need to be very vigilant on dropping the adds off and then getting back in the pile. The grace period between spawning a first and second add is really long that you don't even need to charge back.

- soak every marked prey without causing alone in the darkness
    - deal with necrotic without spreading to anyone except your 3rd tank ofc
    - kill adds fast enough

And then the boss dies. Get people in the mindset that they NEED to kill adds at all costs. Have raid leader call out a few seconds before adds spawn. Make a weakaura to /rw when one spawns. Get people to swap talents. Recruit a boomkin lol.

Thanks so far, I went over ad nausea add above boss, how to run necrotic, calling out each movement/action/add.

Who is everyone using to soak the mark for prey? We had the fury warrior on it which is why he's lower on adds as he's out of range for a bit. But, as the fight goes I feel like after the 2nd in frost it starts to overlap with the necrotic so I can't do it as third tank. Is there a better class for it?

Sitting out last night we only had another warrior (undergeared as he missed a month), DH, rogue, ele shaman, mage who all tend to be a bit lower on overall dps but maybe they'll listen better on focusing add. Did anyone stand out as constantly fucking up on adds? I know Blackehart started low until we talked to him and then his damage went up. It's hard to tell as sometimes they seem to melt so if you only get a single hit or slow to react it could be gone.

Rogue is probably (definitely?) the best at dealing with the marked prey cause shadow step is quick and easy and they don't take damage cause they're rogues, but I don't see why a warrior can't do it

I wouldn't want the mark soaker to be the same person dealing with the necrotic though because there are a few overlaps iirc

Most guilds probably 4 heal the first kill but I think it's definitely 3 heal-able with decent healers and tanks that don't need babysitting

Our rogues are getting the mark of prey.. as for adds, we had our hunter swap to beast mastery and that did the trick.

As for the healers.. we did it with 4, but in all honestly, I did damage most of the fight.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Oddly enough; if you don't have a rogue, or your warrior is struggling with it... Warlocks work just as well as rogues. Personal portal one lock on each stack point, and have them alternate who takes it. If one gets picked for necrotic, the other can back them up.

Make sure tanks are communicating CD's effectively, if they need externals, etc.

Necrotic tank should be calling when the ranged add is spawning. Example : *Tank starts moving out* Ranged add in 2.... 1....

Fight is 100% about add control. Control the adds, the boss dies. Use link if you have a tank that gets low.

Have the ret pally freedom the Necrotic tank on EVERY set of Necrotic during the Frost phase, it will prevent a multitude of silly wipes. Stamp roar the first Necrotic in frost phase so that the players can get to the marks in time. Can also utilize windrush totems for this same purpose, etc.