Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I would like to have an arcano

Hello my fellow wow players I will try to keep this short altough it's not that easy. This is going to be written in a form directed to the wow devs as that is the ultimate goal.
    After many months of farming and hundreads of relinquished trinkets open I decided to take a different course of action. As most of you probably know an arcano is the biggest trinket upgrade after pantheon for an mm hunter. In order to compete it is a must have both in single target and aoe, it's the trinket that once you have it you are set and ready. Problem here is the way to get it as you literally have to grind for countless hours and you have no guarantee it will ever give you what you need. A person that will open his first boss has the same probability of getting one arcano as someone that has opened hundreads of them. I get it people need to keep playing the game but you're delisuional if you think that farming argus is a good way to do that as it only builds burn out and unhapiness in the customers. All I did was farm this expansion, even got 10k wq's achievement months ago so I guess I have been paying the same subscription and farming as much or even more then the people that do have arcanos. In the glory days I was going on argus killing all elites and stuff two times a day which would give me close to 2 trinkets a day.

It's definitely not fun or healthy to farm argus even tough it offers such a great reward so here I ask what should the devs do next patch to fix this situation?

Is there any way we can make this visible to them? I did consider reddit but it's a circlejerk of memes or cute photos and wow forums seem dead.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2018-01-12 at 01:16 PM.

Aren't the official forums the easy answer?

As for the solution is quite difficult at this point of the expansion, but going forward it would be in the game's interest to avoid creating such damn OP items to begin with

If I had to point one major flaw with Legion is the Item department. Oh boy if they dropped the balls with this one, Titanforged and Warforged still reigning, previous tier pieces being stronger than the new ones. RNG stat trinkets that never drop from the gambling RNG npc.

I hope they improve this in BFA because so far I had a pretty good time with Legion except for this whole itemization bs.
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2018-01-12 at 01:45 PM.

What do you define as "able to compete?"

Deleted
    It's not that much of a big deal anymore, a lot of the trinkets do compete with arcano. A high ilv felhounds trinket will be very close to a 910 arcano.

I agree arcano was a huge fuck up by blizz, but it's less of a big deal now than it was in tomb, for example. There are people with very very high logs who aren't using it, lets look at some examples:

Garothi mythic - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=Marksmanship
    Top log, not using arcano, 3rd log, not using arcano, 5th log, not using arcano. They aren't competing?

Felhounds mythic - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=Marksmanship
    Top log, not using arcano, 7th log, not using arcano.

High command mythic - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=Marksmanship
    Lots of people not using arcano, other better aoe trinkets. Same story with Eonar https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=Marksmanship

Portal keeper mythic - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=Marksmanship
    Top log not using arcano.

My point is, yes it's powerful and bullshit, but it's not as huge as you're making out. You definitely CAN compete without it, don't pretend you can't.

Arcano was a big thing, but nowadays the difference is minor if any.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Arcano was a big thing, but nowadays the difference is minor if any.
    Lol minor. When an 860 arcano still out sims 935 trinkets in ST it isnt "minor"

Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    Hello my fellow wow players I will try to keep this short altough it's not that easy. This is going to be written in a form directed to the wow devs as that is the ultimate goal.
    After many months of farming and hundreads of relinquished trinkets open I decided to take a different course of action. As most of you probably know an arcano is the biggest trinket upgrade after pantheon for an mm hunter. In order to compete it is a must have both in single target and aoe, it's the trinket that once you have it you are set and ready. Problem here is the way to get it as you literally have to grind for countless hours and you have no guarantee it will ever give you what you need. A person that will open his first boss has the same probability of getting one arcano as someone that has opened hundreads of them. I get it people need to keep playing the game but you're delisuional if you think that farming argus is a good way to do that as it only builds burn out and unhapiness in the customers. All I did was farm this expansion, even got 10k wq's achievement months ago so I guess I have been paying the same subscription and farming as much or even more then the people that do have arcanos. In the glory days I was going on argus killing all elites and stuff two times a day which would give me close to 2 trinkets a day.

It's definitely not fun or healthy to farm argus even tough it offers such a great reward so here I ask what should the devs do next patch to fix this situation?

Is there any way we can make this visible to them? I did consider reddit but it's a circlejerk of memes or cute photos and wow forums seem dead.
    The only issue here is balancing.
    It's been Blizzard's weakness since forever, these guys completely suck at balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Lol minor. When an 860 arcano still out sims 935 trinkets in ST it isnt "minor"
    Yes it is. We're talking relative strength to easily attainable trinkets. 860 arcano may be brokenly good, but it still only barely beats out 930s. Once you hit 960s it falls off almost completely. Simming a 910 arcano only beats out my current gearset by 1%. Easily within the realm of RNG/fight execution.

So I'm not saying it isn't amazing, shit it is and I wish I had a 910 version for consistency, but you can easily remain very competitive without it.

Deleted
    very hard to get good ilvl on arcano, i been trying to farm it for months but i gave up, too many trinkets ingame so chances very low.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaszelB View Post
    Yes it is. We're talking relative strength to easily attainable trinkets. 860 arcano may be brokenly good, but it still only barely beats out 930s. Once you hit 960s it falls off almost completely. Simming a 910 arcano only beats out my current gearset by 1%. Easily within the realm of RNG/fight execution.

So I'm not saying it isn't amazing, shit it is and I wish I had a 910 version for consistency, but you can easily remain very competitive without it.
    Are you even reading the words you're typing? "Oh its minor, as long as your arcano is shit and 50 ilvl lower" That's what you just wrote. That is not ok. A base level trinket from basically 4 TIERS ago should NEVER be even in the realm of competing with current tier. Any argument to the contrary is simply lunacy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Are you even reading the words you're typing? "Oh its minor, as long as your arcano is shit and 50 ilvl lower" That's what you just wrote. That is not ok. A base level trinket from basically 4 TIERS ago should NEVER be even in the realm of competing with current tier. Any argument to the contrary is simply lunacy at best.
    Because any arcano you get IS going to be 50 ilvl lower. That's the point. You have to beyond the realms of lucky to get anything of comparable ilvl so you treat it as if it rolled base or +5/10 ilvl.

Yes, it shouldn't compete and that is a big problem, but the difference between the haves and have nots is the minor part. Getting a 910 Arcano is a very minor upgrade to heroic level trinkets and loses to mythic level trinkets in most cases. It would need to titanforge some to compete and that is just insanely rare beyond the already insane luck needed to get one from the vendor in the first place. Rare enough that it should not be considered.

Here are two scenarios:

1) You farm hours a day for an arcanocrystal. You might finally get it and get a 20-30k dps increase.

2) You chill out and do what you prefer to do. You don't get an arcanocrystal and lose 20-30k dps.

Which one looks better to you? You have all these hours to spend, and you decide to spend them on a roulette for an item which might increase your dps by a little bit. Why not spend these hours, for example, on learning the science of trading, so you can make real life money through trading cryptocurrencies or at the stock market?

Which one of these 2 would be more satisfying for you? Doing little bit more dps, or making some money?

Now, I am not saying that all time spent on WoW is wasted, because it's fun. But there are limits. And you, in my opinion, have surpassed those limits by a lot. You should just accept that you won't get this trinket, and spend your time elsewhere. It's such a huge time investment for something so small. Yes, there will be people with the trinket and you will be jealous of them. But it's really not worth the time.

Just pissed that they nerf'd my 925 whispers, but upped the ilvl of the opAF arcano.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on trying to get arcano, and suddenly I have way more free time to enjoy the game lol.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

I only try 2 times a week for it using the 2 weekly quest in argus. if it fails, i simply wait for next week. Still have not given up, but soon...

Literally only reason im still doing Argus..

It may vary a little bit with your own gear, but my sims say a 945 Shadow-Singed Fang is just as good as a 910 Arcanocrystal. It drops from Felhounds of Sargeras, which is an easy early fight.

While the Arcanocrystal is still better for an equal item level, they simply don't drop at the same item levels, so I think the chances of getting an Arcanocrystal from the Relinquished tokens is much smaller than just killing heroic Felhounds. You can't solo the raid like you can solo Argus though. If you can kill it on mythic, a 960 Fang won't be replaced by anything from Relinquished tokens unless the titanforging RNG goes crazy.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2018-01-17 at 09:28 PM.

i would like to have aman'thuls vision ilvl 1000 arcano with a proc, and another proc in raid, fuck arcano.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i would like to have aman'thuls vision ilvl 1000 arcano with a proc, and another proc in raid, fuck arcano.
    At this point in legion I would prefer an Arcano even the basic 860version off of Witherd Jim would do. I have been chasing it this entire expansion at this point I just want to own, who cares if it will be enough to equip ( sadly it will be ).