Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2018 WoW Esports Announcements

2018 WoW Esports Announcements
    WoW esports manager Jeramy McIntyre will be sharing what esports fans and participants can look forward to this year including changes to the WoW Arena World Championship and the Mythic Dungeon Invitational.

I don't know why but I've never had the capability to sit and watch WoW PvP tournaments or the Mythic + races.

Starcraft and Hearthstone I will but for some reason I just get a bit bored rather quickly.

I think with WoW PvP that it's just more fun as a participant than a viewer I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't know why but I've never had the capability to sit and watch WoW PvP tournaments or the Mythic + races.

Starcraft and Hearthstone I will but for some reason I just get a bit bored rather quickly.

I think with WoW PvP that it's just more fun as a participant than a viewer I guess?
    M+ ain't bad but Arena is just "stun stun pillar hump stun pillar hump pillar hump stun oh he might die nevermind full hp pillar hump stun"

Sorry you can’t watch unless you have aotc

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    M+ ain't bad but Arena is just "stun stun pillar hump stun pillar hump pillar hump stun oh he might die nevermind full hp pillar hump stun"
    Soooo true and one of the reasons why I never watch (or even play) Arena. dammm too boring

How dare you disrespect pillar humping!

I love that they're going forward with the MDI. I really enjoyed it!

Deleted
    MDI was really exciting, hope they will gonna develop it further. Also they should bring something new and fresh to Arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you only PvE. Nothing wrong with that but no need to hate on PvP

arena should be clear open, no pillar, no rock, nothing at all, pure skill and not go to hide behind anything

I just don't see WoW as a very good e-sports game.
    PvP is and has always been rather bland and mythic+? Watching others clear trash for hours on end is really boring to me.

Seem to me like they could put more effort and energy into actually designing more content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    PvP is and has always been rather bland and mythic+? Watching others clear trash for hours on end is really boring to me.

Seem to me like they could put more effort and energy into actually designing more content instead.
    because the same team does both huh...

I can never get into the eSports stuff normally, just get bored turn it off. However the Nythic+ stuff and racing in raids is something ill defiantly be checking out. Finally something watchable in eSports!

What you need to put effort into is either learning exactly how it works or put effort into realizing that you just don't know anything about video game development.
    There is not a single dev who puts time into organizing e-sport events. Unless they're really fan of e-sports and want to get implicated so they do it on their own time but the company is not sacrificing dev ressources to push more on e-sports.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    arena should be clear open, no pillar, no rock, nothing at all, pure skill and not go to hide behind anything
    is that a joke? there would be less "skill" involved if line of sight was not a part of the equation. strategic positioning and enemy awareness ≠ hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    What you need to put effort into is either learning exactly how it works or put effort into realizing that you just don't know anything about video game development.
    There is not a single dev who puts time into organizing e-sport events. Unless they're really fan of e-sports and want to get implicated so they do it on their own time but the company is not sacrificing dev ressources to push more on e-sports.
    No, but they are paying someone to do it. That money could probably be spent better elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    because the same team does both huh...
    No, but again - Blizzard does pay them.

No, but they are paying someone to do it. That money could probably be spent better elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but again - Blizzard does pay them.
    After all these things there is still a lot of money left. It,s not, and never was, a question of where to put the money, cuz they could put it in both without any problems. You can't have an infinite number of people working on the same things. Not to mention we have reached a point where some people say they can't keep up with the content release pace, that's one sign that you're reaching a point where doing more isn't the most profitable. And on top of that you need place to put all these employees, gotta manage all that, etc.

Ressources are not just numbers that can be changed like a character stats in a game. There's a lot more going on behind the scene that both requires a minimum amount of people to make things go smooth and also constraints to a maximum so it stays manageable and productive without stepping on each others.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    After all these things there is still a lot of money left. It,s not, and never was, a question of where to put the money, cuz they could put it in both without any problems. You can't have an infinite number of people working on the same things. Not to mention we have reached a point where some people say they can't keep up with the content release pace, that's one sign that you're reaching a point where doing more isn't the most profitable. And on top of that you need place to put all these employees, gotta manage all that, etc.

Ressources are not just numbers that can be changed like a character stats in a game. There's a lot more going on behind the scene that both requires a minimum amount of people to make things go smooth and also constraints to a maximum so it stays manageable and productive without stepping on each others.
    I'm sure. Still, the way I see it, it's wasted effort. Effort and resources better put into other things.
    Also, there is hardly that much more content in this expansion. It's just that you have to do the same content over and over again leading to the worst expansion Blizzard ever released.

@Aggrophobic, the way I see it is just it's PR for the game, maybe it gets a few people to try it despite the game being so old. Same as with the world firsts etc, totally meaningless stuff to me personally but I appreciate it for maybe making some people take note about WoW or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    @Aggrophobic, the way I see it is just it's PR for the game, maybe it gets a few people to try it despite the game being so old. Same as with the world firsts etc, totally meaningless stuff to me personally but I appreciate it for maybe making some people take note about WoW or whatever.
    Yeah, I guess.