Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Nothings really wrong with eating dog. Torturing the animal before you kill it makes you a piece of shit. The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well..... who are you again?
    A human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    A human being.
    You and a few billion others. You gotta be more specific.

So now people are starting to mobilize against foods feelings?

Just stop eating altogether because it might hurt your precious morals if you do.
    Last edited by Guyv3r; 2018-02-16 at 03:28 PM.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Of course you can domesticate pigs and I've heard they can be as loyal as any dog. But they don't have the history with mankind that dogs do.

The term "man's best friend" isn't an exaggeration or a pointless cutesy term. Dogs are the animal that has historically helped humanity in their growth the most, maybe at best rivaled by horses, another animal that people don't commonly eat.
    We may not currently eat horses often, but in the past people would eat them when they had the need to. The only reason we don't at dogs or horses is because we are conditioned / taught to see them as our companions. It really depends on your culture / upbringing.

In some cultures your taught not to eat cow, because they are sacred. In other cultures you don't eat pig because its not clean. If you where brought up in a household full of vegetarians / vegans you may have issues eating any type of animal.

I´m not reading 25 Pages back and forth.

So, i´ll just state my opinion:
    I dont think "Eating Dog" is any different from eating Pig, Cow, Fish, or Rat.

You can Argue about living conditions, and the way they are processed. But that also applies to any Animal breed/held for food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Isnt the rule in general not to eat that eats meat?
    Pretty much this, besides we got livestock that we have feed up and than butcherd, like Pigs, chicken and cows etc. Dogs are mans best friend and they are used (atleast in the western world) mostly as a help to humans thats why they have been breed into so many different races, everything from sankt bernards locating folks in avalanches too german shepards who help the military/police aswell as smaller drug dogs working for customs etc. They are more intelligent than most other animals and easier to train.

Personally i think it's disgusting too eat dog, cats or rats w/e i guess it has a lot to do with the fact that i was raised around dogs and live in the west, i usually admire east asians for their intellect and friendlyness, however i would never eat dog or anything like that too me thats soo fucked up. But Hey who am i too say how other cultures should make their food, i just think if you are to kill and eat animals don't let the suffer for fuck sake like those fucked up muslims (halal?) thats it.

When did I create this thread? So weird, I have no recollection of making this thread.

They are animals bred for companionship. As such they have an innate 'friendship' towards humans, a sort of link. You won't see cows or chicken coming to cuddle you unless you hugged them since they were young. A dog that was never abused by humans will still come to a human with its tail wagging.

That aside, the issue we Westeners have with savages is that they boil and skin them alive.

The west IS superior. Looking at your weeb picture, your weird signature (#MeToo but also #I'mWithHer? LOL) you obviously don't go outside much and perhaps hold some sort of grudge against western society.

Dogs evolved side by side with humans over thousands and thousands of years as companions, while the animals we use for food now were bred for food for all those years. Do you honestly fail to understand why we in the west see eating dog as barbaric and evil? West > All.

I don't get the big deal. I've had it before and I couldn't tell the difference between it and beef. Spices masked the taste but the texture seemed similar. Granted, my father did not tell us in advance on what we were eating.

The practice of consuming dog meat has been declining in recent years, it is primarily the older generations and rural people who do it. Up until the early 1980's the RoK was a third-world country. As an omnivorous species, If dog is the only readily available protein available, I would imagine most people would eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Naturalistic fallacy. Just because it happens in nature does not means humans should practice it.

I assume you're smarter than a lion or a bear or any animal that eats something alive. I guess not, after reading this comment.

People who don't have a problem with animals being tortured are just being sociopathic, stupid, edgy or a combination of all.
    I read this as if you were an aristocrat with a monocle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I know we've had threads about this before but I was looking through petition.org while sipping on a cuppa and enjoying Maryland's biscuits as I usually do on a Friday afternoon, you know, just trying to see what different petitions I can sign and what change I can contribute to society a ritual for me as of late. However, I was shocked to see a petition calling for "Boycott PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea, A Dog Eating Nation!" . Isn't this a bit much? I actually love watching the Winter Olympics and have always felt they were more engaging and entertaining than the main Olympics show that draws a much bigger crowd.

The language used in the petition is also strewn with echoes of the all-too familiar Western superiority and even says that eating dogs is barbaric and even uneducated. Really? Uneducated?
    Nothing is wrong with it, just kill them humanely. I would personally eat one, but there are hungry people and too many dogs/cats, problem fixes itself.

I don't know, but this sums it up...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't know, but this sums it up...

That statement on the right LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    The only time eating dog is wrong is if there is still cat meat on the table. Cat meat >>>> dog meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    When did I create this thread? So weird, I have no recollection of making this thread.
    You must have been high.