10+ Year Old Account

Question Rares in the Timeless Isles??

Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong in the Timeless Isles, off the coast of Pandaria??
    I am trying to find some of the Rares on the island, but have yet to find a single one of them where they are supposed to be, and I am wondering if they are phased for some reason, or if there is a quest that is needed for them to show up?? Otherwise, do they just have an extremely long respawn timer??
    Please clarify this for me, and thanks in advance!!

Some are events that are timed others just pop up while others you have to find a way to summon them like that ghost ship.

Depends who you are looking for. Some have a long respawn time. Others share a spawn with the common mobs on the isle (like the pythons for example) where you have to kill them and hope it respawns as a rare eventually.

10+ Year Old Account

Question

Actually, I am trying to find Cinderfall, but he is never there on the bridge, and it is frustrating....
    Still, I guess he could have always just been killed, and has a retardedly long respawn time, but as yet, I have never even seen a corpse.
    In any case, thanks for the responses!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    The biggest issue is that you have people that camp that whole island at 110 now and just one shot every rare that pops. So they tend to not appear up unless you legitimate camp their locations.

Yeah thanks to phasing and clustering i expect it really has put those rares out of whack and i guess it really is just camping, server hoping and just luck to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    Actually, I am trying to find Cinderfall, but he is never there on the bridge, and it is frustrating....
    Still, I guess he could have always just been killed, and has a retardedly long respawn time, but as yet, I have never even seen a corpse.
    Cinderfall is a rare and timed spawn, appearing only a certain days/times pretty much randomly in the same rotation with the Dread Ship Vazuvius, Chelon, and the Jadefire Spirit. Basically you've just go to keep going back periodically and attempting to catch it up.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

Question Timeless Isle Rare Farming??

Thanks for the heads-up, but that is somewhat dissapointing because I am trying to farm an item he drops RARELY....
    Still, I will do some further digging to see if I can find these spawn times / days!!

PS. You wouldn't happen to know if Garnia is the same, and only spawns on certain days/times would you??
    I am trying to get the Ruby Pet....
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2018-01-12 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Added a question....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thanks for the heads-up, but that is somewhat dissapointing because I am trying to farm an item he drops RARELY....
    Still, I will do some further digging to see if I can find these spawn times / days!!

PS. You wouldn't happen to know if Garnia is the same, and only spawns on certain days/times would you??
    Garnia is in the same list, yes. You can find the whole list near the bottom of this archived news article. I remember farming Garnia for an annoyingly long time to get the Ruby Droplet back in MoP, so best of luck to you.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

most are around 45-1 hour respawn if you don't camp them any 110 and kill them in a gcd so better start camping.

I haven't seen the giant rock dude once... ever... since the day the patch came out. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

A tip I can give you to getting to Garnia is to fly as high up as you can around the island and then fly in. When you get dismounted, use a kite and just fly into the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    The biggest issue is that you have people that camp that whole island at 110 now and just one shot every rare that pops. So they tend to not appear up unless you legitimate camp their locations.
    Yeah, always check for groups first.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don´t know on which server you play but he is there every time i visit the island, never had problems even when MoP was current.

People kill him on the way to kill the worldboss. i'd just camp him and wait for him to spawn.