Lf tips with trinket usage as Blood M+

Hello everyone,

I have a dk alt that I have been working on for a few weeks now and got him to 958.
    I got 4piece, but am only using 2 right now as I don't have many legos and am using the chest temporarly.

I also got a few trinkets, but I am unsure which would be the best in 15-20 mythic+.

I got the following:
    - 920 Stat stick haste with leech
    - 940 Nightmare Egg Shell
    - 960 Aggramar's Conviction (Argus trinket)
    - 930 Diima's Glacial Aegis
    - 930 Smoldering Titanguard
    - 960 Inescapable Dread

I have been using the 2 first for a while now for the haste, but I am wondering about mostly Aggramar's Conviction and Diima's Glacial Aegis.
    They seem strong, but as I am not used to judging the stats value as a blood dk in m+ yet, I am asking for help from more experienced Blood DK.

Also, how much value do you guys give to 4piece in m+ ? I have been giving it little value, but have been wondering since you are using dancing rune weapon often and more runic power means more death strike which is very good obviously.

Thanks for your feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretend that 4pT21 doesn't exist. It's practically useless (it may feel good but it's worth less than 3 runes every 2 minutes in the best-case scenario), and it leads to awful itemization. Get the 2pT20 (pref cloak and gloves) and 2pT21 (pref helm and legs) and just use your highest item level pieces (preferring Haste when possible) otherwise.

Inescapable Dread is also pretty awful. Smoldering Titanguard is only useful when you need to mitigate a big hit, which doesn't happen very often in M+ (or more than likely you need to mitigate a bunch of them, in which case take Rune Tap). Nightmare Egg Shell, while it SEEMS good, is in the same boat as most proc-based DPS trinkets, and has a severely nerfed proc-rate for tanks and as such your uptime will be pretty shit. As you might expect if you can refresh the proc it's super strong, but I wouldn't use it unless it was ~970+ (at which point the main drawing factor is the Strength, and the Haste is a side-effect).

I highly recommend Diima's in all situations. It's a great trinket, and the on-use isn't reduced very much by it being low item level (obviously lower level significantly hurts the Strength on it, but I still think it's worth). The Argus trinket is ok just due to the ridiculous amount of Strength you get from it, and vers procs aren't anything to sniff at (even if procs aren't as strong as on-use in general), and it will only continue to increase in item level. As always, the Haste stat stick is great all-around, and while leech isn't super useful (since you already have a lot of passive leech from our kit, and in general "trickle heals" like Leech or Blood Plague are less effective than controlled healing or shields), it also doesn't hurt and it's free itemization.

I would probably use Diima's and Aggramar's Conviction in most scenarios, but it's a toss-up between those two and the haste stat stick.
    Last edited by Tehr; 2018-01-13 at 05:36 AM.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Deleted
    I kind of agree with Tehr.
    While I would roll with Diima's (a great trinket under all aspects) and the haste stat stick, Aggramar Conviction could be a good choice due to its high ilvl and vers proc. It's just that I don't really like proc trinkets in M+ with the exception of Chrono Shard.

Also forget T21 4pc, it's just garbage. Go with 2pc and better itemization instead.

Deleted
    Have to disagree on Smoldering Titanguard. This Trinket is absolutely nuts for big pulls, not because of the absorb but for its insane damage potential. I have done up 100(!) million damage with a single use of this trinket, got a 965 version from the Antorus Chest. The trinket usually ends up being #3 of my total damage over the course of a complete dungeon in some dungeon its even #2, and i am using it together with a shivermaws and it hits for ~3.5 Million with Concordance and Shivermaws up.

Here is a Breakdown from a +17 VotW:

I´d use Aggramars + Smoldering if you wanna go big, wait for the Versa procs to be active before you use it. If you are pulling rather small, go with Diimas + Aggramars
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2018-01-13 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    I kind of agree with Tehr.
    As do I. While T21 bonuses are good in M+, the 2p doesn't do a lot in single-target, boss-swapping raid encounters. Since the 4p is entirely dependent on the 2p, it's not good in raids, either.

Smoldering Titanguard is fantastic in AE pack situations, if your group won't have killed them before it goes off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Have to disagree on Smoldering Titanguard. This Trinket is absolutely nuts for big pulls, not because of the absorb but for its insane damage potential. I have done up 100(!) million damage with a single use of this trinket, got a 965 version from the Antorus Chest. The trinket usually ends up being #3 of my total damage over the course of a complete dungeon in some dungeon its even #2, and i am using it together with a shivermaws and it hits for ~3.5 Million with Concordance and Shivermaws up.
    That's true, I forgot about that aspect of it. That being said, I've killed Aggramar 21 times across all my tanks on all difficulties (never been saved) and I haven't seen it drop once, so I have no experience using it.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    That's true, I forgot about that aspect of it. That being said, I've killed Aggramar 21 times across all my tanks on all difficulties (never been saved) and I haven't seen it drop once, so I have no experience using it.
    If you do get it, don't activate it tanking Varimathras.

Quote Originally Posted by figuratively View Post
    If you do get it, don't activate it tanking Varimathras.
    Any particular reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaeron View Post
    Any particular reason?
    The most likely suggestion is that it changes the size of your hit box. When you activate the trinket Varimathras re-positions himself, taking a couple of steps backwards. Suddenly you're not all standing in the same relative places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    While I would roll with Diima's (a great trinket under all aspects) and the haste stat stick, Aggramar Conviction could be a good choice due to its high ilvl and vers proc.
    Aggramar considering that high strength is nice, but that proc... Somehow that sub-1.4 ppm rng does not convince me against any other STR + haste or STR + versa stat stick or just any kind of arcanocrystal. From a more defensive pov, like any mythic raidboss at my casual progression level, it's even more underwhelming.