Question Do you think we will ever see new racial capitals? NOT like Suramar or Gilneas?

Do you think we will ever see full-blown city sized capitals for players to interact in added to WoW? Or are we doomed to small scale, Shrine sized outposts with a couple or portals, a flightmaster, and a bank?

Battle for Azeroth is a prime opportunity to give roleplayers a new setting for their adventures (unlike mob filled zones like Suramar *cough* *cough*) with the Zandalari and Kul'Tiras capitals. Troll players have never had a modern city (not counting the ruins of Zul'Drak, Zul'Gurub, etc), and Kul'Tiras would be the second ever (third, depending on whether or not you consider the desolate Gilneas a faction capital) human kingdom to be thoroughly explored in WoW. It's strange; human characters are among the most prominent in the series, yet we hardly ever see the other human kingdoms.

What kind of new racial cities would you like to see?

Blizzard once said that they feel capitals are a waste of resources because most people just use Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

So yeah, unless it has something to do with current content, I doubt it.

Yeah, especially if it's not used as a capital, but more of a content area. Gilneas was a cool starting area and there was a whole story of returning and fighting Sylvanas there. Hopefully in the future, it will get used again(as a dungeon to kill Genn) and Suramar was probably the funnest questing area in the entire expansion and was very new and fresh compared to your usual zones.

I'd say if Zandalar wasn't an Allied race, we'd definitely be doing another city zone for them, but I'm pretty sure we will get another, as Azshara's seat of power is probably a massive city, underwater or in a bubble.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Blizzard once said that they feel capitals are a waste of resources because most people just use Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

Stormwind/Orgimmar are the default because they offer the most utility and are easily accessible at any level.
    Unless the hypothetical new capitals offer the same accessibility and utility - which they really can't, then they won't be as popular.

It would be pretty uninspiring if for yet another expansion people were parked in Org and SW again.

They can't even be bothered to update Exodar and Silvermoon when they are going to be the only faction city on their respective continent.

I really doubt we'll ever see new racial cities unless they act as the expansion's hub city. And even that is a long shot since Blizzard doesn't like to make real cities for expansion hubs anymore. *tries not to cry about Karabor*

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I think that they won't. The problem with capitals is that they need to be constructed both with new players and utility in mind (and yes i know that UC exists), which requires them to be simple in construction. This in turn prevents them from being as impressive as suramar.

On top of that there is also a resources argument, suramar (and both BFA cities) can exist because they are used in both questing and endgame. A more traditional capital would be difficult to use that way (not to mention being content for one faction).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Zandalari are the only ones getting one from the looks of things. Can't wait to explore it.

I like what they did in Suramar. It's nice how they made such a big city be a crucial part of zone's storyline. Boralus and Zuldazar could still be major part of zone's storyline without it's citizens necessarily being hostile to players, so I am hoping for that.

They said in the Blizzcon that Zuldazar and Boralus would be the hub cities for the factions in BfA. The thing is, will they do the same as they did in WoD or they are going to stand by his word? Time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's the problem, investing in these cities and keeping them relevant. It's hard for them to justify developing new faction-exclusive content that only half the playerbase will enjoy. And that's sad, because modern design is about focus-testing and efficiency; and loses the niche flavor that really brings a world to life. I was surprised we had a whole expansion of class unique halls, but not surprised that the expansion did well for it.

More cities to quest in would be wonderful. They could even convert old cities like Booty Bay into Suramar style urban quest hubs, but without disguises, and you just interact with NPCs, trigger phases or go to certain areas to fight.

Edit: And imagine a Gadgetzan as vast as Hearthstone implies.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2018-01-13 at 02:39 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we are forced into being there.

Before all of the portal shit was added to Stormwind, the main Alliance city was Ironforge because it is right in the middle of the continent. Everyone goes to Stormwind now because all of the Cataclysm portals are there, as is the portal to Broken Isles Dalaran, plus the Pandaria, Hellfire Peninsula, and Blasted Lands portals. It is a shit situation.

They really should put all the portals in all capitals so that people can actually choose which one they want to stay in.

Or better yet, perhaps a little drastically, get rid of the fucking portals completely. We have a Dalaran hearthstone, a Garrison hearthstone, and a custom bind hearthstone, all of which are on tiny cooldowns anyway. Why do we need to have portals to every single zone.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-01-13 at 02:51 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Perhaps blizzard is systematically destroying the capitals to give them more Suramar/Zandalar and Kul’Tiras like Cities

Mark my words. If the Dark Spears move into Zul’dzar and the night elves end up in suramar (either sharing or possessing) then I can see current capitals all being destroyed and far more useful new ones coming up that serve as both quest zones, dungeons then later sanctuaries.

Gnomeragan - Gnomee
    Kezan
    Suramar
    Thaurissian City
    Zuldazar
    Kul’Tiras Capital

Every race and allied race can actually have a city that is in the quest zones and large enough to actually look impressive and feel realistic and accommodate them as a sanctuary, or a secrion of them. Stormwind and Orgrimmar would likely be the only ones they

Tauren & Highmountain - Highmountain

Existing cities originally created get sacrificed for dramatic effect - Darnassus and Lordaeron are first early warning signs.

Hmm. I wouldn’t mind that, especially if they rebuild iconic Silvermoon. Most of the other cities are quite new actually. Only recently being built. Darnassus is quite new unlike Suramar. Under City part is also quite new though Lordaeron is not. Orgrimmar and Thunderbluff are new only recently being put together. Exp dad too.

In fact only Silvermoon, Ironforge and Stormwind are old cities. Most of the old cities in the lore are dungeons and questing zones, no reason why we can’t qiest, dungeon and raid in them then have a phased non instances version to use

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

Mark my words. If the Dark Spears move into Zul’dzar and the night elves end up in suramar (either sharing or possessing) then I can see current capitals all being destroyed and far more useful new ones coming up that serve as both quest zones, dungeons then later sanctuaries.
    Ahahaha, now that's a good joke. Wait, you are serious ? Then its even better joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Ahahaha, now that's a good joke. Wait, you are serious ? Then its even better joke.
    This is blizzard we're talking - have you ever thought why fans come up with crazy theories?

Well because even crazier things happen in the lore. Heck, Azeroth could be desetroyed next expansion and become floating rocks like outland - no I'm being serious. Anything is possible except horde and alliance disappearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Do you think we will ever see new racial capitals? NOT like Suramar or Gilneas?
    What kind of new racial cities would you like to see?
    Probably not.
    I was actually devastated by the dumping of Karabor & Bladespire Citadel as the capital cities in Warlords of Draenor.
    Speaking as a PvPer, I loved Ashran and attacking Stormshield & Warspear, but these encampments could have belonged anywhere in WoW. Karabor & Bladespire were already built, and would have been true fantasty epic cities to spend an expansion in. What a disappointment.

But that doesn't rule out half-quest city and half-habitable cities, I feel like Boralus might be a case with a Boralus instance being announced.
    We might see a divided city with the Alliance living safely in one half and the other half being a questing zone with an instance.
    Stormwind and Orgrimmar both have instances (Ragefire Chasm and Stockades), so they are somewhat already like this.

I would like to see updated old cities like Exodar and Silvermoon.
    A new night elf city (Eldre'thalas anyone?)
    Undermine.
    A new campaign in Gilneas, & more utility in Bilgewater Harbour.

They should give the night elves nazjatar at the botttome of the ocean bury them and forget about them, the void elves can join them there too in a tragic fatale epic tale. The last song of the night elf.

We blood elves and our nightborne allies will remember the ancestors in their final resting place as we clean up their mess and fix the world up again after that embarassment

Deleted
    Zuldazar / Kul'tiras capital (idk its name) ????