Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reporter body slamming*

Damn, I'd totally forgotten about that one. Fucking hell this past year has been wild, and way too fast.
    To be fair, a lot of the votes has already been cast via absentee, so I wouldn't blame most Montanians for that

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I forget, is Arizona a "reporter bashing" or "child molesting" Republican state?
    It's just racist in a lot of places. Areas like Phoenix really aren't that bad. But the placebis a desert with long stretches of land with only very small towns in between.

My little sister currently lives in Globe Arizona (dad and step mother got divorced awhile back, step mom moved back home with her). This is a town with less than 8K people, they still have a hitching post for your horse at the local bar, etc.

It's the sort of town you can drive through in about two minutes and completely forget you drove through the place. And there's plenty of places like that in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    It's just racist in a lot of places. Areas like Phoenix really aren't that bad. But the placebis a desert with long stretches of land with only very small towns in between.

My little sister currently lives in Globe Arizona (dad and step mother got divorced awhile back, step mom moved back home with her). This is a town with less than 8K people, they still have a hitching post for your horse at the local bar, etc.

It's the sort of town you can drive through in about two minutes and completely forget you drove through the place. And there's plenty of places like that in Arizona.
    8k people? That is a city compared to my town of 500 people lol.

Who is really surprised by this? Arizona is in a constant competition to try and one up Florida as the bat shit insane state.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I've never been happier I don't live in Arizona.
    Yea the illegal immigration has gotten out of control down there, can't blame you. Oh wait, people actually decide what state to live in based on their senate and congress people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Yea the illegal immigration has gotten out of control down there, can't blame you.
    In what sense?

One of the funniest damn things is Trump simultaneously bragging that the US economy is doing better than ever, and that illegal immigration is going to bring it all down.

I mean, it clearly hasn't, and it's not like the issue's getting worse over time.

The number of undocumented immigrants hasn't been on an upward trend in over a decade. It's pretty "under control".

Oh wait, people actually decide what state to live in based on their senate and congress people?
    Given that they have a hand in setting legislative policy for the state, it's hardly something you should be ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Yea the illegal immigration has gotten out of control down there, can't blame you. Oh wait, people actually decide what state to live in based on their senate and congress people?
    I won't live in a conservative state again. I grew up in one and I won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In what sense?

One of the funniest damn things is Trump simultaneously bragging that the US economy is doing better than ever, and that illegal immigration is going to bring it all down.

I mean, it clearly hasn't, and it's not like the issue's getting worse over time.

The number of undocumented immigrants hasn't been on an upward trend in over a decade. It's pretty "under control".

Given that they have a hand in setting legislative policy for the state, it's hardly something you should be ignoring.
    Maybe he means it's out of control how few illegal immigrants are coming across, and how that's going to have a devastating effect on American industry down there.

Someone really needs to Make America Great Again so that the illegal Mexicans stop wanting to leave!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    8k people? That is a city compared to my town of 500 people lol.
    Are you in a freaking village? I thought globe was small!

Are you in a freaking village? I thought globe was small!
    No, in Iowa, most of the towns are less than 1k people. Hell, the county seat is only 5k people. Every other town in the county aren't much bigger than my town. But I know of a couple villages that technically have less than 100 people. They might be lucky if they have 50.

No, in Iowa, most of the towns are less than 1k people. Hell, the county seat is only 5k people. Every other town in the county aren't much bigger than my town. But I know of a couple villages that technically have less than 100 people. They might be lucky if they have 50.
    This probably comes off as ignorant, but I'm actually fascinated by this tidbit. I don't think it ever really crossed my mind that there are still places in the US with less than a 1000 people. That's kind of wild to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't believe there are any rules/laws barring pardoned felons, or even ex-felons not pardoned, from running.
    So, allowed to vote: no of course not! Allowed to run: sure, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

To be fair, Iowa has at least 10 times as many counties as they really need.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you know what, I'm in the market for a new job. Maybe I should run for office. I'm not crazy or racist, I have at least a decent high school level understanding of science and history, and I've never directly or indirection killed anyone, so I'm already more qualified than any of those three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

This probably comes off as ignorant, but I'm actually fascinated by this tidbit. I don't think it ever really crossed my mind that there are still places in the US with less than a 1000 people. That's kind of wild to me.
    Considering Iowa only has roughly 2 million people, I am used to it. I think there are more deer or cows in this state than people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    To be fair, Iowa has at least 10 times as many counties as they really need.
    Yeah, I can agree with that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Well, you know what, I'm in the market for a new job. Maybe I should run for office. I'm not crazy or racist, I have at least a decent high school level understanding of science and history, and I've never directly or indirection killed anyone, so I'm already more qualified than any of those three.
    You aren't paying attention. All those qualities of yours make you unqualified for the GOP ticket. Science? Nope. Not racist? Nope. Kills to your name? Sorry, minimum is 3, bonus if photo proof.

Kidding of course. AZ is getting as scary as AL.

- - - Updated - - -

And now one of the GOP AZ candidates, your favorite and mine, Joe Arpaio, just found out that by accepting a pardon he admitted guilt to the crime. And he found out on live tv. Only the very best people!

#deplorable45