Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I'm in that situation now actually. I ran out of federal funding for my bachelors degree. So I've left school to get a job. The plan is to put away as much money as I can to go back to school next spring
    In most Canadian Provinces we are getting our post secondary free if you don't make too much money. Honestly post secondary should be free it is just a money making scam as is.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to live under a bridge. Where is income supposed to come from? All the schooling in the world isn't going to put a roof over my head while I'm there. Nor food in my belly. Never understood how people can do such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, no, I wouldn't. Got a family to feed and the wife is studying.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Been thinking about going for electronics. I love fucking around with electronics - fixing and upgrading them. Problem is I don't know what kind(s) of job that is other than electrician and dude who repairs appliances.

Deleted
    No, never. For me, school was about learning how to pass tests, which is 100% useless i life. Teachers also seemed to know less about subject matter than most students.
    I got my degree because I finish what I start, but I never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Fuck no, I finished my bachelors few months ago, got a job and I am still realizing how my last 22 years of life were pathetic compared to what I have now.
    Fuck these old geezers that literally tell you that you have to do some stupid project/some retarded homework and dare to fucking judge you if you forget how to do some mathematic problem or smth.
    I mean like... what the fuck?
    Ppl have kids, money problems, relationship/family problems, try to go to work to have some money and they still they try to study, but some oh-so wannabe professor that has degree treats you like a little fuck because he is the "professor".

And no, I was one of the better students and it is a really good university, but I hated almost every moment of it. When I started to work - and I do really important stuff - I realized how trivial, retarded and not needed my uni years were.
    your employer must be really delighted to have employee who doesnt give a single f... about quality of his assigments and about mistakes that he does .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cainejw View Post
    I actually did. Well, I tried to work initially. I went to school for my MSW degree and managed to work the first year working two part time jobs and going to school full time while holding internships. It eventually got to be too much stress, so I had to quit the jobs and live just on loans for the second year. Since I'm now at the top of my field and a PhD or DSW wouldn't advance me anywhere, I'm likely done with school.

As for detachment, not really. I was already considered a non-traditional student at the time I started my BA. Most of the people I met were just as busy and focused as I was.
    PhD or Proffesor title is not nessesarly about job advancement but also about how others percive you .

its quite a lot about personal developement and social status/perception.

money is not everything in life.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-01-16 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    your employer must be really delighted to have employee who doesnt give a single f... about quality of his assigments and about mistakes that he does .

Boy, boy... when will you grow up or learn to read

It seems to me the point would be...quitting a job in favor of an education that could earn you a career. And who wouldn't want that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It seems to me the point would be...quitting a job in favor of an education that could earn you a career. And who wouldn't want that?
    that was one of the factors for me. i had pretty much capped out my previous job. i mean there was further advancements but at that point other jobs that are offered with degrees and experience have an exponential growth rather than a linear growth in pay.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I did, I was working FT in a counselor in mental health and decided to go back and get my graduate degree. I went PT for a while and then classes/internship/grad job took up too much of my time so I quit. My husband still worked and we had money saved from me working as well. I really loved grad school actually and was both happy and sad to graduate.

Boy, boy... when will you grow up or learn to read
    if you had this kind of behavoiur in uni :

Fuck these old geezers that literally tell you that you have to do some stupid project/some retarded homework and dare to fucking judge you if you forget how to do some mathematic problem or smth.
    i dont belive even for a split second that your attitude in work is any different when assigned tasks .

now come tell me what exackly did i misread ?
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-01-16 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if you had this kind of behavoiur in uni :

i dont belive even for a split second that your attitude in work is any different when assigned tasks .

now come tell me what exackly did i misread ?
    I actually have a much better attitude at my work, because they pay me for it, I enjoy what I do and I work on great projects with many wise and... actually "cool" people. That is just another world. But hey, judge me knowing nothing, it is popular nowadays, no?

Never. I'm at least paid to deal with people where I'm working.

Deleted
    In Belgium it is possible to get a bachlors degree ‘at a distance’ while working full time. It’s hard and you have to be really dedicated but that’s what I’m doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Sr Developer, I have the position you go to college to get. That would ruin my life.