Need help with resto druid :)

Okay. It is my first time ever healing. I played WoW since MoP strictly as a rogue, nothing else. And I felt like changing things a bit. I got a new druid and made him a resto. I am currently 945 ilvl with Ekoswraith + Amanthul shoulder with tier 21 set 4. I do 15's from time to time, spamming 10's and lower. I kind of get the idea of how healing works, depending on spreading Rejuv on the party and using tranq on big heavy aoe damage, but I still don't get when to use my CDs properly. I've got a couple of questions - when to use the correct spells(Swiftmend/Wild Growth/Artifact/Flourish)? Which trinkets should I aim for? Which talents should I run for M+/Raiding? I am currently running Prosperity + Soul of the Forest + Germination. It works really great. I don't get why people use Cenarion + Cultivation.

How long do I need to play more to get used to the healing pov? I am really enjoying healing, it's kind of hard.

Thank you

The first tier of talents is purely up to feel. I think for M+ abundance seems to be the best choice so you can top people off quickly. Cenarian Ward can be useful but it's mostly a tank heal which you don't really need. Prosperity works well with the legendary ring, but is kind of lackluster otherwise.

Since you have SotF anyways, you may still want to use that. The reason nobody takes SotF (ignoring the legendary ring) is because cultivation is ridiculously good... It gives you healing when you need it most AND applies an extra hot on the target. Essentially boosting all healing you do to the target by a large amount. Anything that adds an extra hot to any target passively is very strong for rdruids.

If you're using SotF, I recommend always using flourish and artifact on a buffed Wild Growth. Flourish should be used to buff any type of heal like that (Cenarian ward, SotF buffed hots, etc). Artifact should be used after getting full hots up and then wild growth for some damage (basically a mini tranquility). Using both at the same time is typically overkill.

Since rdruid is about setting up for damage before it happens and not reacting to damage, the better you know fights/dungeons the better you will be able to heal. This is one of the most fun things about rdruid. The skill cap is high but they have a lot of potential. Also they're one of the most durable healers in the game because of bear form.

If you had logs it would be easier to help. I wouldn't worry about gear as much as learning how to play at this point. That being said mastery is typically your best stay by a large margin. Haste is important if you need to top people off quickly.

Here's a pretty good resource for you: questionablyepic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

That's actually pretty helpful. Thank you.

Super solid advice. Maybe I was confused while reading but just make sure if you flourish that you have a wild growth out. As far as trinkets go you want Velen's the legendary trinket for just about all content. In situations where mana is a problem Darkmoon Deck: Promises is great or the Carafe of Searing Light from Varimathras as long as you use it on CD. If mana is not a concern stat sticks are generally regarded as a solid choice.

Please read these two recent threads which explain a lot.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-Druid-issues

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...4#post48213264

- - - Updated - - -

And your specific questions

when to use my CDs properly?
    Its hard to say exactly when but best tip I can give is to know the combat and expect incoming damage to use them.For example, Torment cats of Argus and its CD fits perfect with WG. You can keep rejuvs rolling and once Argus is casting Torment, you start casting WG with 1 sec delay and voila once the damage hits you have rejuvs WG's ticking and you can either extend it with Flourish or use G'hanir for higher output or both. Or you have rejuvs rolling you WG and you need to move (i.e. Kin'Garoth) you simply Flourish to extend hots on people while you re-position. Or you use G'hanir if your Tranq is on CD and there is heavy damage. So they are situational and if you know the combat you will know when to use them.

When to use correct spells
    Swiftmend is used for emergency heal. Not much to write about it unless you use T20(you don't) or the Soul of the Archdruid ring(you don't) which interact with Swiftmend.
    WG must be used AFTER damage because ticks of WG hit hard at start and heal less near to its finish. For example you can time it perfectly with Argus Torment cast. You start casting WG after Argus starts casting Torment and you land your WG right after damage hits. You can cast a few rejuvs and extend the hot by Flourish almost before WG finishes. This usually carries you until next torment. You must know when there wil be damage. If not simply you react during combat.

Which trinkets
    Darkmoon deck promises/Astral Alchemist Stone/Carafe of whatever(Varimathras iirc) for mana regen. If you play with high output you will have mana issues. One of these trinkets can help you manage it better.
    As for second trinket if you have Velen's and can use it to full its THE BiS. If not any trinket with high intellect (3k+)+ mastery/crit/ver (they are called stat sticks) is good enough. It will not effect your output much even if you have an inferior healing trinket. I use Carafe with Deceiver's Grand Design and in some combats just swap it with my mastery+int stat stick which is mediocre but whatever.

Which talents for M+ and raiding
    Cenarion Ward (more to explain on this) Cultivation Germination and Flourish for raiding. No need to explain these.

For M+ I recommend Incarnation, germination and Moment of Clarity and Abundance on first tier. Need to explain these choices here a bit. Please keep in mind this is all for above +15 even above 17/18. Anything less you can do with whatever set up.
    Since you are the only healer in M+ there will be those oh shit times. This is where Incarnation is more handy then Cultivation. Moment of Clarity (3 clearcast procs) goes very well with Abundance. Abundance increases your regrowth crit chance for each reju you have rolling around. With germination you will be running at least 3-4 rejuvs any given time possibly much more. This means almost a %80 crit chance for your clearcast regrowths. MoC also increases healing of these regrowths by %15. So you are criting around 2mil free regrowths and you get some crazy numbers when you are in Incranation and buffed by Alchemist stone etc. So all these talents click like gears and work in harmony for M+

I don't get why people use Cenarion + Cultivation
    In an ideal setup with 2 or 3 healers healing, cultivation shines. Because it procs only on people with <%60 HP, its a very high buff to you with less healers and where raid dips frequently to %60 HP. But if you are running 4 healers Cultivation will be simply redundant.
    Cenarion Ward. Its a fire and forget spell with a shield which you either use on yourself for survival or on tanks to make max use of it. If you can extend it with Flourish its a much better tier 1 talent then others in terms of output in a raid situation. But usually it ends up being forgetten or redundant as healers snipe each other and it simply overheals.
    So you can choose any tier 1 talent, but in theory CW gives more output.
    For cultivation if you are running with min. number of healers (i.e. 2 for a 9 dps raid instead of the regular 3 for any given pug) it will outperform other talents in that tier. If not whatever works for you.

Here is an old thread regarding M+ and resto druid.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post46471740

Also check out MadSkillzzTV https://www.youtube.com/user/JuicyFruitWoW1 for lots of resto druid guide videos. His videos helped me a lot to improve my healing.

Oh btw if you are not using, use a raid frames tool such as Vuh'do( I use) or Grid in combination with mouseover heal macros. This way you simply mouse over to injured unit, right click for rejuv, alt right click for Lifebloom etc. (these are adjustable in Vuh'do or Grid) If you are not using this let me know and I can give more information on this. This play style will help you immensly rather than clicking each target and casting each spell.

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Please read these two recent threads which explain a lot.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-Druid-issues

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...4#post48213264

- - - Updated - - -

And your specific questions

when to use my CDs properly?
    Its hard to say exactly when but best tip I can give is to know the combat and expect incoming damage to use them.For example, Torment cats of Argus and its CD fits perfect with WG. You can keep rejuvs rolling and once Argus is casting Torment, you start casting WG with 1 sec delay and voila once the damage hits you have rejuvs WG's ticking and you can either extend it with Flourish or use G'hanir for higher output or both. Or you have rejuvs rolling you WG and you need to move (i.e. Kin'Garoth) you simply Flourish to extend hots on people while you re-position. Or you use G'hanir if your Tranq is on CD and there is heavy damage. So they are situational and if you know the combat you will know when to use them.

When to use correct spells
    Swiftmend is used for emergency heal. Not much to write about it unless you use T20(you don't) or the Soul of the Archdruid ring(you don't) which interact with Swiftmend.
    WG must be used AFTER damage because ticks of WG hit hard at start and heal less near to its finish. For example you can time it perfectly with Argus Torment cast. You start casting WG after Argus starts casting Torment and you land your WG right after damage hits. You can cast a few rejuvs and extend the hot by Flourish almost before WG finishes. This usually carries you until next torment. You must know when there wil be damage. If not simply you react during combat.

Which trinkets
    Darkmoon deck promises/Astral Alchemist Stone/Carafe of whatever(Varimathras iirc) for mana regen. If you play with high output you will have mana issues. One of these trinkets can help you manage it better.
    As for second trinket if you have Velen's and can use it to full its THE BiS. If not any trinket with high intellect (3k+)+ mastery/crit/ver (they are called stat sticks) is good enough. It will not effect your output much even if you have an inferior healing trinket. I use Carafe with Deceiver's Grand Design and in some combats just swap it with my mastery+int stat stick which is mediocre but whatever.

Which talents for M+ and raiding
    Cenarion Ward (more to explain on this) Cultivation Germination and Flourish for raiding. No need to explain these.

For M+ I recommend Incarnation, germination and Moment of Clarity and Abundance on first tier. Need to explain these choices here a bit. Please keep in mind this is all for above +15 even above 17/18. Anything less you can do with whatever set up.
    Since you are the only healer in M+ there will be those oh shit times. This is where Incarnation is more handy then Cultivation. Moment of Clarity (3 clearcast procs) goes very well with Abundance. Abundance increases your regrowth crit chance for each reju you have rolling around. With germination you will be running at least 3-4 rejuvs any given time possibly much more. This means almost a %80 crit chance for your clearcast regrowths. MoC also increases healing of these regrowths by %15. So you are criting around 2mil free regrowths and you get some crazy numbers when you are in Incranation and buffed by Alchemist stone etc. So all these talents click like gears and work in harmony for M+

I don't get why people use Cenarion + Cultivation
    In an ideal setup with 2 or 3 healers healing, cultivation shines. Because it procs only on people with <%60 HP, its a very high buff to you with less healers and where raid dips frequently to %60 HP. But if you are running 4 healers Cultivation will be simply redundant.
    Cenarion Ward. Its a fire and forget spell with a shield which you either use on yourself for survival or on tanks to make max use of it. If you can extend it with Flourish its a much better tier 1 talent then others in terms of output in a raid situation. But usually it ends up being forgetten or redundant as healers snipe each other and it simply overheals.
    So you can choose any tier 1 talent, but in theory CW gives more output.
    For cultivation if you are running with min. number of healers (i.e. 2 for a 9 dps raid instead of the regular 3 for any given pug) it will outperform other talents in that tier. If not whatever works for you.

Here is an old thread regarding M+ and resto druid.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post46471740

Also check out MadSkillzzTV https://www.youtube.com/user/JuicyFruitWoW1 for lots of resto druid guide videos. His videos helped me a lot to improve my healing.

Oh btw if you are not using, use a raid frames tool such as Vuh'do( I use) or Grid in combination with mouseover heal macros. This way you simply mouse over to injured unit, right click for rejuv, alt right click for Lifebloom etc. (these are adjustable in Vuh'do or Grid) If you are not using this let me know and I can give more information on this. This play style will help you immensly rather than clicking each target and casting each spell.
    Tytyty That was really helpful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HottyLGW View Post
    Super solid advice. Maybe I was confused while reading but just make sure if you flourish that you have a wild growth out. As far as trinkets go you want Velen's the legendary trinket for just about all content. In situations where mana is a problem Darkmoon Deck: Promises is great or the Carafe of Searing Light from Varimathras as long as you use it on CD. If mana is not a concern stat sticks are generally regarded as a solid choice.
    I got a question. Say I ran Soul of the Forest, I used swiftmend. Now I have the 200% increase on Rejuv, and at the same time, I got the buff from the artifact trait where u can give 2 additional Rejuvs to nearby allies. Would they still get the 200% increase? Or would that be little bit too op?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Tytyty That was really helpful

- - - Updated - - -
    I got a question. Say I ran Soul of the Forest, I used swiftmend. Now I have the 200% increase on Rejuv, and at the same time, I got the buff from the artifact trait where u can give 2 additional Rejuvs to nearby allies. Would they still get the 200% increase? Or would that be little bit too op?
    I think they don't get buffed. I remember reading about it but kinda lazy now to check. You can test on dummy yourself. Even if they are its a pretty rare situation and even if you manage to pull it off its hard to follow in raid who got them to avoid rewriting that reju. Since you are almost all the time casting rejuvs on somebody even if they have it, they would kinda be erased. Of course if you managed to micromanage and follow and let buffed rejuvs finish their duration, you wouldn't be asking for advice here

In 5 man its easier to remember who has the buffed rejuv and avoid overwriting it.