Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Siege of Orgrimmar "Skip to the End" Portal

Siege of Orgrimmar is now the only raid that drops a mount from the final boss without allowing players to skip to the end of the dungeon. Pre-MoP raid mounts (Mim's Head, Invincible, Dragon Soul dragons) could be skipped to with an alt that saved a raid ID and shared it week after week with the player's other characters. Then every raid post-MoP that has an obtainable mount has a 4-week-long quest that eventually allows you to skip to the end. So Siege of Orgrimmar is an anomaly in this regard.

What do y'all think? Should Blizzard add a skip-to-the-end portal/quest for Siege of Orgrimmar?

I don't see why not, really.

I also wish that they'd add "return to entrance"-options to all old raids and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    Siege of Orgrimmar is now the only raid that drops a mount from the final boss without allowing players to skip to the end of the dungeon. Pre-MoP raid mounts (Mim's Head, Invincible, Dragon Soul dragons) could be skipped to with an alt that saved a raid ID and shared it week after week with the player's other characters. Then every raid post-MoP that has an obtainable mount has a 4-week-long quest that eventually allows you to skip to the end. So Siege of Orgrimmar is an anomaly in this regard.

What do y'all think? Should Blizzard add a skip-to-the-end portal/quest for Siege of Orgrimmar?
    except you can do the same thing with a saved raid instance ID. People do it all the time. Either Multiboxxing, or having the lockout saved on an alt, and using a trusted friend to help transfer the Raid lockout from Alt to "Farm toon" People have been doing this forever to farm both the mount, and Tusk of Mannaroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    except you can do the same thing with a saved raid instance ID. People do it all the time. Either Multiboxxing, or having the lockout saved on an alt, and using a trusted friend to help transfer the Raid lockout from Alt to "Farm toon" People have been doing this forever to farm both the mount, and Tusk of Mannaroth.
    You cant do this to farm Mythic only mounts.(Heroic and Normal versions are ok tho)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    I don't mind the portal thing, but I'd rather they implement an option to disable all that rp that takes so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    You cant do this to farm Mythic only mounts.(Heroic and Normal versions are ok tho)
    Ok, While I'm not 100% about not being able to do it on Mythic runs, I personally didn't mind running the entire raid, good gold from there on M, I'm pretty sure I had a guildy that managed it with his several toons, but hey I could be wrong... wouldn't be the 1st time, nor will it be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Ok, While I'm not 100% about not being able to do it on Mythic runs, I personally didn't mind running the entire raid, good gold from there on M, I'm pretty sure I had a guildy that managed it with his several toons, but hey I could be wrong... wouldn't be the 1st time, nor will it be the last.
    Yeah the problem with mythic runs is that they create a single, unique raid ID and once the raid ID is cleared any character saved to it (even ones that were not present for the kill) are saved to the cleared instance as well.

I'm currently farming SoO on 9 110s a week and depending on the class, it can take ~40 minutes to an hour to clear it simply because running through it takes forever. While the gold from vendoring the boss drops is a nice consolation, it's just not really worth the time invested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, no "if you want something work for it" comments so far?

I like the idea. Didn't they just recently implement that you can skip some bosses in Ulduar (without ID saving)? So maybe we have to wait another 1-2 addons till we get it for SoO. They should just make it possible for every raid.. i mean, its already possible with ID saving, so why not make it a bit easier for players who just want to kill a specific boss.
    Last edited by Niovi; 2018-01-14 at 09:24 AM.

God, please, yes!

That raid will always be a thorn in my memory since I farmed the hell out of Garrosh both Heroic (pre Mythic) and Mythic without a lucky roll... Best was 92 and one of the hunters got it at 99. FML

But I'll never rest until I take this mount home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    Yeah the problem with mythic runs is that they create a single, unique raid ID and once the raid ID is cleared any character saved to it (even ones that were not present for the kill) are saved to the cleared instance as well.

I'm currently farming SoO on 9 110s a week and depending on the class, it can take ~40 minutes to an hour to clear it simply because running through it takes forever. While the gold from vendoring the boss drops is a nice consolation, it's just not really worth the time invested.
    im doing it on 6 tooms ranging on ilvl from 925-960 and takes me 40-60 mins i would like a skip to garrosh either that give us a option to remove rp and change spoils to only need 1 side

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post

I like the idea. Didn't they just recently implement that you can skip some bosses in Ulduar (without ID saving)? So maybe we have to wait another 1-2 addons till we get it for SoO. They should just make it possible for every raid.. i mean, its already possible with ID saving, so why not make it a bit easier for players who just want to kill a specific boss.
    not for seige u can do blackfuse without spoils or thok but u cant move on to klaxxi till the other 2 are dead

Deleted

I am not too sure of the mechanics, but I know you can now go from Flame Leviathan to XT-002 Deconstructor, and you can use the portal thing to jump to Mimiron I believe. For me, I always kill all the bosses (bar Razorscale), but I am assuming you can jump to Mimiron, then do the keepers and rock on from there? It would be a pointless addition if you had to then go back and kill Kologarn and the the Council at least.

Quick edit: Apparently according to a WoW-Head comment you can skip straight to the keepers immediately, so no more damn Flame Leviathan!
    Last edited by mmocf5062b794a; 2018-01-15 at 05:10 PM.

Yeah as others have said, they made it possible to skip directly to the Keepers.

And does anyone remember when Blizzard randomly put in a portal stone in Naxxramas to cut directly to Sapphiron? I think that was back before xmog, and Kel'thuzad didn't drop anything other than gear. So that addition always seemed strange to me, but I definitely support it for raids that are 3+ years old.

Sounds great, actually. Even though I personally got that mount back in 5.4.

It's not really just about the mount, by the way - there are several things about SoO that attract OCD-hunters, like Hunter's tameables or the Shaman set, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a skip to the end portal so I can farm for the Tusks faster rather than spending around an hour on a full clear only for them not to drop. I honestly don't care for any other item beyond them freakin' Tusks!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

It's the RP events that really make these old raids a drag. Letting us skip all the dialogue would be an awesome change.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    You should make a post on the official forums suggesting it. This would be such a great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please... Not doing as many runs as other people, but still doing 5-6 runs/week, all at 40-50mins each.
    Use bear tartare for the indoor bits but still doesn't feel like it speeds it up much :/

Currently the only non-Legion mount I have to farm but of all the farms it is by far the worst.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._is_currently/

more of a reason to want that skip to end portal now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Quick edit: Apparently according to a WoW-Head comment you can skip straight to the keepers immediately, so no more damn Flame Leviathan!
    Apparently you can't skip him anymore since patch. Hopefully unintended bug.

Seems they heard you loud and clear then did the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    You should make a post on the official forums suggesting it. This would be such a great idea.
    I posted this on the official forums over a year ago and was met with a handful of mixed opinions before the thread quickly fizzled out. It's unlikely that anyone at Blizzard even saw it (even though they say that they monitor the forums and read everything), but I don't know if it's appropriate to necro that old thread or create a new one.