10+ Year Old Account

Is Sephuz BIS for high M+ Veng now?

Looking at all these high rated M+ Veng DH and they pretty much all running with Sephuz.

I thought Boots/talent ring/AHR were at the top for high keys.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

For high keys you should be swapping out gear on a pack-by-pack basis for better uptimes on trinkets or legendaries, or if a pack takes specific legendaries (shoulders). You could swap to sephuz's every other pull or so if you don't feel like you need other legos for that pull. It's mostly a matter of if it causes you any issues. If not then go for whatever works best.

EDIT: For some reason I thought you were talking about raids, but yeah, this applies to M+ too.

My Sephuz has eclipsed Cinidaria in terms of damage in sims for single target (and it's still really good for cleave fights cause you can get Sephuz procs too). It also has the added bonus of extra haste, giving me more DS uptime which then means I get more procs for the 4 piece too. Sephuz is just very versatile.
    Last edited by MookieRah; 2018-01-09 at 10:34 PM.

The top DH use shoulders/legs/arch trinket combinations.

Archimonde’s is only really useful for single target. I can totally see using Sephuz for trash in combination with legs to maximize ds uptime and t4 procs in high keys. Plus defensively Sephuz works well on proc as it leads to more fragments and spirit bombs. That said, if I were going full on defense for trash I would probably run with leach ring and pants, swapping in shoulders for specific pulls.