Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I hate T21 & Bloodbath

T21 takes the the issues with Fury and magnifies them. I hate playing Bloodbath.

- Fury was weak outside of BC and now we're even weaker and more dependent on burst.
    - We're now much more reliant on execute damage.
    - World Quests suck if you can't get enraged. Furious slash x2 is so bad.
    - Cleave outside of BC is literally cancer. BT, WW and sometimes rampage is a joke with dps that can leave you beside the tank outside of BC.
    - Meaty raging blows felt powerful and allowed you to do atleast some damage outside BC.

literally the only positive is that AoE dps and priority is much better and simpler.

RIP Raging Blow.

I miss NH fury, it was probably the best iteration of fury I have ever played in my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I don't hate it, but it's definitely the least fun iteration of Fury since BRF. The execute phase is fun and all, but being so limp from 100-20% feels bad.

I'm sticking to Carnage unless I'm doing Mythic progression anyway. Far smoother and more fun, good in M+, more functional for world questing and old content. It doesn't allow me to parse super high on Heroic but idgaf about that anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I main'd fury at the beginning of legion but switched to arms in ToS and just recently switched back. Took a little getting used to but I don't mind bloodbath build. Mind you I only have 2 set t21, but I like how it works. It certainly beats arms where you spam WW in hopes of RNG procs. Atleast w/ bloodbath build (assuming you have CoF) you know when your huge dmg bursts are coming and you can plan around them. Nothing infuritated me more than arms when you had to blow up a target and you get no CS reset procs. I do agree that EN/NH was the best for fury during this expansion. Do you have the WW lego belt? Was doing some keystones earlier and I was lighting it up. Was avg about 5 mil on 4+ trash packs. All I did was pop cd's and spam WW/rampage and retain enrage.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I mean, are you worried about parsing in the 95th percentile+ every fight? If not, throw on Ceann and run Inner Rage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I main'd fury at the beginning of legion but switched to arms in ToS and just recently switched back. Took a little getting used to but I don't mind bloodbath build. Mind you I only have 2 set t21, but I like how it works. It certainly beats arms where you spam WW in hopes of RNG procs. Atleast w/ bloodbath build (assuming you have CoF) you know when your huge dmg bursts are coming and you can plan around them. Nothing infuritated me more than arms when you had to blow up a target and you get no CS reset procs. I do agree that EN/NH was the best for fury during this expansion. Do you have the WW lego belt? Was doing some keystones earlier and I was lighting it up. Was avg about 5 mil on 4+ trash packs. All I did was pop cd's and spam WW/rampage and retain enrage.
    As I said it's an improvement to bursty AoE. I'm just salty about ST and cleave outside of BC.

Edit: And actually inside BC on purely ST boss fights it doesn't feel great to me either. Can't seem to do the same damage I was doing with t20 in t21 and I know I'm playing correctly.
    Last edited by mmoc601899f8ff; 2018-01-13 at 11:33 PM.

Bloodbath may be the talent that is the mathematically best talent, and which sims the best, but in most every case other than the very highest of min-maxing, you'll be fine using IR or Frenzy, if you prefer either of them. On top of that, Bloodbath is not always the best talent. If I'm to use myself as an example I can tell you that IR have been the highest simming talent for me up until 2 weeks ago, when I got a few new items.

If you don't enjoy playing BB, feel free to play IR instead. You won't be in that big of a disadvantage (if any), and you'll find that enjoy playing more!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

I didn't like it at first as well. Now i really enjoy it. It's a bit different but once you get the hang of it, it can be pretty fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I miss NH fury, it was probably the best iteration of fury I have ever played in my life
    I took a break in Legion and only came back into ToS. What was great about Fury in NH? I'm assuming it was still frothing, inner rage and reckless abandon. My guess as to the reason would be unerfed CoF?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    I took a break in Legion and only came back into ToS. What was great about Fury in NH? I'm assuming it was still frothing, inner rage and reckless abandon. My guess as to the reason would be unerfed CoF?
    think the set bonus made the specc really smooth

Everything that you just said

Also we were like the 3rd or 4th strongest dpsing spec at the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything that you just said

Also we were like the 3rd or 4th strongest dpsing spec at the time
    More like mostly due to an absolutely broken trinket that Fury utilized incredibly well and some very nice QoL bonuses that made the spec feel a lot nicer to play.

I personally prefer this build more than IR from T19 and T21, but that's mostly because Massacre feels really nice to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

its ridiculous that one of the BIS comes from a trinket from 2 raid tiers ago.

I've come to enjoy the current T21/BB, maybe it's really gear dependent, I have decent gear and COF, and there are plenty of fights where I go long stretches with barely any furious slashes. And I do love how powerful execute is, I've played warrior as main since wow launch, and it feels good for execute to be so badass again. Love a fight where I am 7-8th on dps meter but come out first after execute

The set bonus made Enrage last longer which really helped its uptime and smoothed out your DPS over the duration of a fight. As well, we had Draught of Souls which was a lolOP trinket at the time, for single target at least. Now personally I actually wasn't a big fan of Draught because it could easily put you in danger (you stood still for 3 seconds as it dealt damage) so I actually prefer how the spec played in T20 with its monstrous Raging Blows, but Nighthold was fun too. It helped that it was perhaps the most melee friendly raid in the game's history, so we could DPS down bosses or feel useful in every single fight, there was none of the BS you saw in Tomb or with fights like Coven where melee become liabilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    I mean, are you worried about parsing in the 95th percentile+ every fight? If not, throw on Ceann and run Inner Rage
    Thats's what I did - even if it means not doing optimal dps (I guess for hc its ok?) but hot damn, coming back to IR felt like a breath of life for my warrior, suddenly I like it again. (and each time I looked at my 875 COF I felt somewhat uneasy...)

It's interesting for me how blizzs will change a fury spec in BfA. As for me, it will be quite boring to play with same talents with no variation again in the next expansion and without CoF. Fury nowadays seems like a ret pala in Cata that had absolutely no damage without wings.

Deleted
    if u think that was the best then i guess u didn't played SoO fury

that was whole of another something

Quote Originally Posted by emdeka View Post
    if u think that was the best then i guess u didn't played SoO fury

that was whole of another something
    Meh. SoO Fury was all about pooling resources into CS (and praying for crits the rest of the time) rather than the current iteration of pooling resources for Battle Cry, and I think Battle Cry and Rampage are a helluva more fun and thematic than CS and Heroic Strike spam. Also the shenanigans around Skull Banner may have scarred me for life, yikes but that ability led to so much drama over muh parses. I do miss using Zerker Stance on Thok and being fed obscene amounts of rage, but that's about it.

I'd agree that T21 Fury and SoO Fury are about on par, but Inner Rage was far more fun than either of them.

Deleted
    Me too, I rank it as one of the 3 most enjoyable melee spec in Legion (with enha and 7.3.5 frost dk)