Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel as if though the charge on him is too light. If he gets only 2 years and a fine that's a slap on the wrist for what he is responsible for. He'll come out of prison as the same piece of shit that he went in as. If he gets 20 years or more, then every person who thinks about swatting someone will think of this guy as an example and maybe stop, and tell themselves. "Do I want to ruin my life over a joke?"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And maybe we shouldnt expect humans to just be a sacrifice when its called apon? Im sure it sounds nice at training camp and in the recruitment videos that you are saving lives. But in reality when you are getting shot at and adrenaline kicks in and that fight or flight response kicks in people might make mistakes and do the wrong thing? its almost like highly stressful jobs can make people do some crazy stuff.

The guy that got shot didnt know what was happening and didnt follow the commands he was given. It was a shitty situation for all involved and the blame should be put on the caller. Or should we just treat every potential kidnapping and murder call as just a prank bro and not give it its due respect?
    The cop wasn't getting shot at and wasn't in any other kind of distress. This was a guy in his own home. If he didn't understand what was going on it's the cop's fault for not taking the time to explain properly. There wasn't any apparent danger, the guy was in his own home, and there wasn't any good evidence that a crime was taking place. That means the guy in his own fucking house gets the benefit of the doubt big time. As to the caller faking a report is a crime and they should prosecute him for that. It is however absolutely not reasonable that a cop will just straight up murder a random person in their own home so the manslaughter charge is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Eh, I believe once you disobey an officer's reasonable demand (take your hands out of your pockets) then nearly any shooting is justified. I'm sure you'll hyperbole my statement, but most of these officer shootings start with someone refusing a very reasonable request.
    Not in these circumstances.