Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The culture shock, if you die the first time in the nirvana and it takes up to 10 minutes to walk back to your corpse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its funny to see VANILLA pvp vid\pov when only viable classes for pvp :Rogue,Warrior,Mage; comments to warrior pvp when he killed 1vs5 low lvl or equal warlocks 1vs5 =
    MAN you so cool keep it up...... LEL. Some kids just wonna play over powered sh`t and be LIKE bAUss. Lets see class population when blizz release classic server, i pity these who gona play mere pleb classes to fight OP shit like raid bosses) without even BG to hide .

40% of server warriors vs 2% warlocks...... its gona be sh`tfest)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I give Wow Classic and its related online forums no longer than a year before it turns into the most obnoxious, retarded, whine-and-bitch infested shithole conceivable. Much worse than "real" WoW. Just wait.
    Doubt it, at least not for long term. There might be some at first when the current crop of entitled players hop on the classic servers and find out its not raining epics like in retail. These player types will probably quit in short order and stick to regular WoW, while whatever oldschool types classic brings back will most likely stick.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado View Post
    Nost became Anathema pvp, and it went from 8k online to 1k in AQ patch, get informed.
    You are missing a lot of critical info there. The Elysium Project (Anathema) split at that time, most of the player base went to Light's Hope because of the Paypal scandal. The 8k players are still there.

Deleted
    I hope they add Titanforging and LFR into Classic just to see the saltstorm that comes from the purists.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    At some point, usually if you have cleared Molten Core, you will start to stay AFK in your capital and wait for the next raid. This is vanilla.

The old way to R14 should not be attractive enough to get experienced anymore. It's an insane time investment.
    Vanilla was geared for 1-60. If anything that will be the experience people (old timers) will be after, raiding in vanilla wasn't great. Not anything like TBC. This calls into question if a pure vanilla formula will even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Vanilla was geared for 1-60. If anything that will be the experience people (old timers) will be after, raiding in vanilla wasn't great. Not anything like TBC. This calls into question if a pure vanilla formula will even work.
    I was totally flashed after I have seen a video of a guild clearing a raid dungeon in vanilla (Irae AoD BWL clear). I never set foot in a raid dungeon at this point. It changed my life entirely and I felt in love with raiding for a decade. I immediatly joined a BWL guild (without any raid experience) and after some weeks I was a part of the nefarian server first kill xD. Most players don't like AQ, but both raids were the absolute best experience in my whole wow life. Not only the raids itself, but also the scepter quest chain (our guild opend the gate on the server) and the opening. Nice experience.

From the perspective we had back in the days, there was nothing comparable, so you just took it without questioning. Compared to later states of the game, vanilla raiding was a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    I was totally flashed after I have seen a video of a guild clearing a raid dungeon in vanilla (Irae AoD BWL clear). I never set foot in a raid dungeon at this point. It changed my life entirely and I felt in love with raiding for a decade. I immediatly joined a BWL guild (without any raid experience) and after some weeks I was a part of the nefarian server first kill xD. Most players don't like AQ, but both raids were the absolute best experience in my whole wow life. Not only the raids itself, but also the scepter quest chain (our guild opend the gate on the server) and the opening. Nice experience.

From the perspective we had back in the days, there was nothing comparable, so you just took it without questioning. Compared to later states of the game, vanilla raiding was a nightmare.
    For me, the main attraction of vanilla would be dungeon crawling. Those are probably my best memories of vanilla. I raided for most of vanilla, it was ok, but raiding really didn't get amazing until TBC where it really took off. TBC cleaned up much of vanilla's raid shortcomings and the raid instances themselves were a lot more interesting (imo). If anything my opinion of a 'classic' remake would be something in the TBC vein if we're looking for end game sticking power.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    But changes wouldn't make it better. You'd start down a slippery slope. See, if you make Retri Paladins better in pvE they also become even stronger in PvP. And if you buff Paladins in PvE you should also ban Hunters in PvE since their DPS is also sub par. And so on and so forth until it's not Vanilla anymore.